Great WR's do not win Super Bowls | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great WR's do not win Super Bowls

Pandarilla

Active Roster
Reaction score

It's a **** show for first rounders, except for Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison. Two players that Devonte Smith has been compared to...FML

ALRIGHT. Stop playing!!!

is this a word for word deja vu thread and you guys are ****ing with us?

im freaking out here.

The way I see it you need an above average playmaking Qb, at least some receivers who can make big catches in big spots, above average TE and rb (prob 2), and a very good Defense, probably better than not. There is no complete recipe but what I wrote is what I see in the teams still in it

just pick good\Great players when you‘re up to the podium, eventually if you do that better than the other guys you will win the battle of building a roster..The GMs around the league, a lot of them ain’t great, so just hit on your picks and don’t get wrapped up into position specific importance.

No one guy has ever been the sole reason to win a championship..just need a balanced roster filled with good players who care about the game and care about being great.

Tell that to Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Paul Warfield, Michael Irvin, Art Monk, and on and on

Fuggin' Art Monk...I saw his name in the video and thought, "Damn, he was talented"

Just food for thought. This top ten is more about positional value politicking than anything, seemed like this was a good perspective video...

Personally, I'd rather drop to five thru eight and trade back up into the first round. Smith, Harris, Pitts sounds better at times to me than Sewell, Harris

I've thought about this too, but he also gives three examples where if not for something extraordinary, then there would be three more examples of a great WR winning a Super Bowl. I also checked the top 10 QBs in career yardage for shits and giggles and it's only marginally better. And then I checked the leader in passing yards each year since 2004 and that QB never won the SB that year either. So I don't think the methodology here holds up. With Parker, Williams, and Grant again not making it through a season completely healthy, I think Smith or Chase at #3 would be an easy selection to make unless we get a great trade offer.

In this NFL, QBs win Super Bowls. Yes there are outliers that happen once in a while, but it’s all about the QB.

To me Brady proved that. While BB is a great coach, Brady showed QBs matter more. It all starts there. If you don’t have THE guy then you are just wasting time with the rest of your team.

Back
Top Bottom