Great WR's do not win Super Bowls | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great WR's do not win Super Bowls

I bet the team with the best tight end is going to win this one. Tight ends open receivers, not the other way around.

The team with the majority of the elite players generally win the SB and often times these teams have WR’s who are elite.

Actually a great HC can get you close or to the SB, but a talented team (Not great individuals) will help you win it.

Jerry rice won 4 Super Bowls and was MVP in one

There is John stallworth and Lynn swan of Steelers. DeVante smith reminds me of lyn swan.

There is hill and Kielce

There is Michael Irvin.

There is rams greatest show on turf

WR has certainly entered the equation as a key component to winning a super bowl. But in all honesty, its more about overall team chemistry and coaching. When these 2 elements are at their best, teams usually rise above the others and compete for titles.

WR has certainly entered the equation as a key component to winning a super bowl. But in all honesty, its more about overall team chemistry and coaching. When these 2 elements are at their best, teams usually rise above the others and compete for titles.
Well no kidding. Coaching and chemistry are needed haha do we draft a coach or chemistry at 3?

Let's face it, it's hard to win a Super Bowl. Hell, most players never see one win or lose. Great players are a good thing. But, great teams are more than simply a composition of great players. It's not Marino's fault that we drafted Jackie Shipp ... and he wasn't any good. It's not Marino's fault that we never built a great defense when he was around. It's not Marino's fault that we destroyed the Chicago Bears in 1985 and they went on to dominate everyone else and win a Super Bowl with ease ... we didn't win the division, the Patriots did, and the Patriots were no match for the Bears who we humiliated. Sure, Marino was a great player, but if he can go through such a successful career and not win a Super Bowl ... then it's not really a surprise that any single position hasn't won many Super Bowls either.

At the end of the day, the WR is important, but historically, the RB has been more important, and of course the QB is more important. A good WR day is 9 plays ... just 9. It's not easy to dominate games with that few moments.

T. Hill, T. Kelce (he counts), S. Watkins, S. Diggs, C. Beasley, J. Brown, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A. Brown, D. Adams, A. Lazard.

An elite WR is going to win the SB this year - just like last year 🤷‍♂️

1) name the last team to win a SB WITHOUT a great WR.

2) unless someone other than KC wins, a lot of great WR WON'T win their SB this year. There's no guarantee they'll even get another chance either. Does that devalue them? How integral were they to put the team in that position at all?

There's plenty of HOF WR's that haven't won a SB. They all had chances, except Calvin Johnson. He's the only great receiver I can think of that never had a good enough team to even get a shot.

I digress.

1) name the last team to win a SB WITHOUT a great WR.

2) unless someone other than KC wins, a lot of great WR WON'T win their SB this year. There's no guarantee they'll even get another chance either. Does that devalue them? How integral were they to put the team in that position at all?

There's plenty of HOF WR's that haven't won a SB. They all had chances, except Calvin Johnson. He's the only great receiver I can think of that never had a good enough team to even get a shot.

I digress.

Sorry, I think I misread your post.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for the “Great Long-Snappers that Never Won Superbowls” thread
Oh the humanity of it all! The sheer travesty! I mean really, people even know the PUNTER'S name, but can ANYONE name the Long Snappers who won any of the last 3 Super Bowls?

Go ahead ..................... we're waiting .......................................... ................................................. ........................................................., exactly.

Apparently, this year is an outlier with only Tampa Bay not having an all pro WR on the roster.

T. Hill, T. Kelce (he counts), S. Watkins, S. Diggs, C. Beasley, J. Brown, M. Evans, C. Godwin, A. Brown, D. Adams, A. Lazard.

An elite WR is going to win the SB this year - just like last year 🤷‍♂️

perfect example of what I have discussed before. Do you need talent at the WR and TE spots? Yes. Do you have to get them in the top 5 picks - no. History bears this out repeatedly. Look at your list above and how many of them were 3rd and 4th rounders or mid first round picks. Trade back to 6-8 and take Pitts who is a monster and matchup problem and garner an extra first or second rounder.

Back
Top Bottom