Greatest single MIA plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest single MIA plays

zackattack54

Finatic 24/7
Reaction score
After watching the MIA/SD "greatest" playoff game on the NFL Network, I was wondering which single play sticks out as your favorite.

1 The Hook and lateral (SD)
2 The Spike (F the Jets)
3 Keith Byers TD run in snow against Dallas
4 Leon Lett Bumbling into ball (same game)

Least Favorite
1 Riggins running over Mcneal

By far and away the Marino fake spike against the Jets.

I'm willing to bet that gets the majority of votes from others as well.

zackattack54 said:
After watching the MIA/SD "greatest" playoff game on the NFL Network, I was wondering which single play sticks out as your favorite.

1 The Hook and lateral (SD)
2 The Spike (F the Jets)
3 Keith Byers TD run in snow against Dallas
4 Leon Lett Bumbling into ball (same game)

Least Favorite
1 Riggins running over Mcneal

the kick by san diego in ot to win that game!!!!

Agreed

All of the above, although I am partial to Louis Oliver's 103 yard INT return against the Bills. I hate the Bills. 37-10, that was sweet.

Czonka 56 yard run in the Super Bowl against the Redskins where he killed that Redskins midget Cornerback on the way. That play signified the pure dominance of an team and undefeated season.

fishbanger said:
Czonka 56 yard run in the Super Bowl against the Redskins where he killed that Redskins midget Cornerback on the way. That play signified the pure dominance of an team and undefeated season.

see this guy, and hes a gator ughhh , is right saying that play, but then u got kids like byroan saying the catch against the pats in a season where phins were 4-12??

but hes only 18 so what do u expect i guess, he wasnt even old enough to recall the phins last trip to a sb let alone last win in one.....

It's my favorite play. Of course you would be offended by that.

I remember an interception by Buckley against the Bills as they were moving in to tie the game at 21. Buckley ran the ball back for a touchdown and the win. Great play.

I also liked the run Lamar Smith had against the Colts. I was jumping up and down durring every step he took on his way to the endzone.

The Hook and Lateral was by FAR the Greatest single play, even in a losing effort, that play was absolutely incredible.... You also left off the Nat Moore Whirly Bird hit he took against the Jets.. wasn't so much incredible as it was just fun to watch.. The Marino to Clayton Tipped pass against the Cowboys on Monday Night in 85 was a sweet play.. The fake spike was nice as well.. and the 52 yarder by Mare against Denver a couple of years ago after Elam hit the 55 yarder just a few seconds earlier.. but the greatest play was the Hook and Lateral.. There was so much about THAT play in THAT game that made it classic...

whatsburning said:
The Hook and Lat for me...

Some other favorites (in no particular order):

Lamar Smith's TD vs. Colts
Mare's game winner at Broncos '03
AJ Duhe's TD return vs Jets
T-Buck's INT vs. Colts (Griese game)
Marino's many Bombs.......

I have to stop now... this is getting out of hand... sniff,sniff... oh the memories!:cry:

I think it's obvious that there's no way to chose just ONE.. the Duhe INT was awesome, I think I was just starting to become a passionate football fan when I watched that game.... and yeah, the Lamar Run against Indy... There are so many, but I agree about the hook and lateral!

another one ....
The sack and fumble of Flutie that won the play off game.

Dick Anderson's 7 block INT return for TD vs The Colts to lead The Fins to their first SB appearance.

Back
Top Bottom