Green Bay's Unfair Homefield Advantage?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Green Bay's Unfair Homefield Advantage??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I can't believe what I'm reading. This is ridiculous.

MARVEZ: Lambeau visitors cry foul

By ALEX MARVEZ
Sun-Sentinel
Posted October 27 2002

The Dolphins are about to learn that the Green Bay Packers have taken home-field advantage to a new level.

Because of renovations to Lambeau Field, the Packers are using two trailers to serve as the visiting team's locker room. Cramped and lacking adequate bathrooms, Atlanta cornerback Ray Buchanan compared the facility to Alcatraz.

"There was nothing NFL about it," said Buchanan, whose team opened the season in Green Bay. "That was XFL, if that. It was nasty."

"The showers looked like we were down in Sudan. Open showers. Open stalls. There weren't any doors ... It looked like it was from back in the day when [Vince] Lombardi was there. I might have seen his autograph in some concrete."

The trailers feature only two commodes, three urinals and 10 shower nozzles for the entire team. The coaches' locker room doesn't even have that, featuring just one unenclosed commode and two showers.

"When we walked in I thought, `Holy hell,'" Cleveland defensive coordinator Foge Fazio said of his team's recent trip. "I'm sure when it's all done it's going to be very nice, but the poor teams that have to play under those conditions. ... "

Roughly 70 percent of a $295 million Lambeau Field renovation project is complete, but a new visitors' locker room on the south side of the stadium won't be ready until next season. The temporary solution was spending $200,000 for the trailers.

"We admit it's not the perfect situation," Packers President Bob Harlan said. "It could be worse. We could have still taken everybody across the state [to Madison] and gone to a college stadium. We did the best we could.

"I was very concerned about it when I found out it was going to be in trailers. I went down there several times and looked at it. This year, we knew there would be some inadequate situations. The lockers are clean. It's newly carpeted. It's not what you would like, but I've been in worse."

Let's see if the Dolphins agree after trying to rush out of Lambeau Field to catch the long flight home following the Monday night game.

Wow! That is so wrong! Green Bay should have been proper hosts and let the visitors use their locker rooms and use the trailers themselves. :lol:

You would think there would be a standard that the NFL has for accommodating visiting teams.
Hell if that's the case than every team that the Packers play on the road should temporarily restructure their visitors locker room to accommondate the Packer in the same way.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
OR they could bring in another trailer or two

Spoken like a true Buffalo-nian(sp?). :lol:

I guess there really is not much they can do if they are rentivating. $200,000 is a lot to spend for only 1 season. YOu can't expect a team to build a 1/2 million $$$$ temporary locker room.

I agree Hellion......the locker rooms should have been a priority in the off-season. I do not think it's a coincidence that work on the visitor locker room wasn't finished

What are you basing that on?

Yeah, the Green Bay Packers, bunch of cheaters conspiring to get an unfair advantage. :rolleyes:

Come on. The players go in there to dress, then they go play football. Um, FOOTBALL.

I notice conveniently missing from that article are the comments from both the Titans and Browns (who both brought more players to town because it was preseason) saying that it was no big deal and they understood with the rennovation why it was the way it was. Also missing is the discussion on what other visitors locker rooms are like and how the temporary trailers compare.

Here's a Link to the complete article

The construction schedule has all been set around being able to keep the place in use for this season rather than playing the games in Camp Randall (Madison). The visitors locker room cannot be completed until some other temporary facilities setup to support this season are removed. Fact is there are growing pains across the board while they continue to work. In fact, if you're coming to the game on Monday here are a few things to note. 1. The upper concourse concessions stands are not all open. A few of them are, but many are still being worked on. 2. There are only a few places where smoking is allowed. On the ramps and the upper concourse at the south endzone. 3. Stay away from the Oneida Nation entrance on the East side of the stadium. It is the most commonly used because of its visibility and gets extremely backed up.

I don't think its a big deal in terms of "unfair advantage" because BEFORE the game, all the players do in the locker room is go in there and dress then get out onto the field and start loosening up. Its after the game when the players need to start using the facilities and whatnot, that the sh!tty facilities might wear on their noggins. But after the game, it really doesn't matter much does it...unless you think the bad facilities are gonna distract the players for a full week as they prepare for the next team they face.

That would have to be one crappy shower to distract a player for a whole week.

Poison water! No no, acid rain!

Moldy locker? Ugly carpets?

No artwork! Tasteless jokes!

Them dastardly Northerners put Nair in our jockstraps!

Back
Top Bottom