Greetings From Minnesota | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greetings From Minnesota

fromfin2fin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My name is Keith Kubitschek and I am without a doubt the biggest Miami Dolphins fan in the Midwest! I was born and raised in the great state of Minnesota and then went to college in the cheese head state of Wisconsin. Growing up I played any sport that had a ball in it: basketball, baseball, football, soccer, and tennis.

My love for sports started at a very young age as I grew up watching the Minnesota Twins, Timberwolves, and Vikings. As most kids do at a young age, I liked cheering for the teams that were constantly winning and who had the coolest looking jerseys. Enter the Miami Dolphins and Dan Marino.

The first time I watched the Dolphins play on TV I fell in love with Dan Marino! From that moment forward, it was everything Miami Dolphins and everything Dan Marino in my life. I begged and pleaded with my parents to watch the Dolphins game over the Vikings game every single Sunday. Living in Minnesota, we would rarely get the Dolphins on TV unless it was a nationally televised game. However, when the Dolphins were on you better believe that I was glued to the TV!

When Dan Marino retired in 1999 most my family thought my obsession with the Dolphins would fade, boy were they wrong! With players like Sam Madison, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Lamar Smith my interest in the Dolphins soared over the next few years. At this point my family had accepted that I was going to be a die-hard Miami Dolphins fan for the rest of my life.

In 2002, I got the greatest early Christmas present I have ever received. I got tickets to go the Miami Dolphins verse the Minnesota Vikings game at the H.H.H Metrodome in Minnesota. This was the first time I ever got to see the Dolphins play in real life and it was one of the best days of my life! Even though the Dolphins lost that game, I still had the best time seeing them in person.

Over the next few years, my obsession with the Dolphins grew. I celebrated every victory and I admittedly got way to upset over every loss. But one of my favorite games in Dolphins history during the 2000s was the Miami Dolphins verse Baltimore Ravens in 2007. Most Dolphins fans know that 2007 was a year to forget. On December 16th, 2007 I was reminded why I love this team. Watching Cleo Lemon hit Greg Camarillo in stride to score a 64-yard touchdown to beat the Ravens in OT was worth going through the worst season in team history!

I have recently started writing about the Dolphins and would love any and all feedback on this and future posts!

Back
Top Bottom