Greg Blue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Blue

firestorm

In Saban We Trust!!
Reaction score
What's your opinion about Blue, bulldogs' safety???

I liked much when i have watched Bulldogs this season especially his force, roughness and size. But he isn't good in coverage (Only intercepted two passes throughout his career) and sometimes is too aggressive and miss some tackles, but, in my opinion, Blue has potential to be a good and agressive safety in NFL.

He should be middle or late second round but he can fall down some positions and if Miami have the opportunity to sign him... Do you Draft Greg Blue??

for a college guy, not being very good in coverage probably won't translate too well to the NFL. If we're gonna get a top-notch safety, you can't do any better than Huff. Jason Allen and Ko Simpson should be the next guys to look at. I'm just not very impressed with Blue.

for a college guy, not being very good in coverage probably won't translate too well to the NFL. If we're gonna get a top-notch safety, you can't do any better than Huff. Jason Allen and Ko Simpson should be the next guys to look at. I'm just not very impressed with Blue.

I completely agree. Blue hits like a tank, but what good is being a hard hitter if you aren't in position to make the tackle?

firestorm said:
What's your opinion about Blue, bulldogs' safety???

I liked much when i have watched Bulldogs this season especially his force, roughness and size. But he isn't good in coverage (Only intercepted two passes throughout his career) and sometimes is too aggressive and miss some tackles, but, in my opinion, Blue has potential to be a good and agressive safety in NFL.

He should be middle or late second round but he can fall down some positions and if Miami have the opportunity to sign him... Do you Draft Greg Blue??
Greg Blue was a bit of a disappointment to me. I was thinking he was going to easily be first round pick but very inconsistent as a senior. Although he put up season highs in every category, his play was sporadic. He would probably be best utilized as an in-the-box type of safety where he could act as 4th LB.

Bob Leverone/TSN
Overall grade: 6.5
Position rank: 9
225lb bench: 78
NFL comparison:
Brian Dawkins, Eagles

GREG BLUE MEASURABLES
Height: 6-2 Weight: 220
40-yard dash: 4.55 10-yard dash: 1.56
20-yard shuttle: 4.28 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 10-0 225-lb. bench: 16
3-cone drill: 7.09 Vertical jump: 37
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.65

KEY » * Recently updated Position grade increased Position grade decreased
Greg Blue
S, Georgia

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a powerful, well-built run stuffer. Is aggressive against the run. Is an explosive tackler who rolls his hips through ball carriers. Is a headhunter in the passing game; can separate receivers from the football. Has outstanding straight-line speed for his size. Is a best fit in a cover 2 scheme. Plays with a mean streak.

Weaknesses: Is a liability in coverage. Can’t play man-to-man. Has a stiff upper body; cannot open his hips and change directions. Is slow to react to play fakes and gets caught out of position. Never was asked to play man-to-man coverage in college and struggled to do so in Senior Bowl practices. Doesn't read routes well. Must improve his pre-snap recognition skills.

Bottom line: Blue is a powerful, tough prospect, but he can only defend the run. His Senior Bowl performance hurt his draft value. He now might be projected more as a weakside linebacker than a safety. He likely will remain a Day 1 selection, but it is unlikely he can contribute right away in any capacity other than special teams.

i've been high on blue for a while... saban is a db coach and could definitely help blue with his technique/recognition maybe not to all-star level, but to a none-liability level. Besides, when a receiver has to worry about losing his head when coming across the middle, it adds a whole new element to your defense. Blue would definitely help our intimidation factor and that would help make teams hate playing us.

I seen blue at the combine and he had the worst feet of all DB's. Very tight hips, not good a changing direction. His lateral movement was poor. I wouldn't want him to get caught in coverage.

RonnieB23 said:
Damn, put him on the D-line...:wink:
I have not really figuered out what that number means but its under all the players it could be a ranking of some type but it don't make sence. If u look under measerbles it says the number of Reps the player did on the bench.

alot of scouts have been saying that blue may best fit as an undersized linebacker on a team that emphasizes speed over size like indy where his coverage liabilities arent as big a problem.

id defiatly rake him with our third.hes a beast i remember watching him this year.

Back
Top Bottom