Greg Cosell Compares Josh Rosen To Jared Goff. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Cosell Compares Josh Rosen To Jared Goff.

Ross

Trouble Shooter
Reaction score
From Ross Tucker Podcast

“I guess is some ways you make the argument that there are similarities between Josh Rosen and a Jared Goff, and then maybe Josh Rosen is looking for the kind of offensive coach that presents things to him really well like Sean Mcvay did with Jared Goff, and then you get consistent methodical execution. I think that’s what Josh Rosen is. Whether that happens in Miami, I don’t know the answer to that but I think that’s what kind of quarterback he ultimately is.

This surprised me.

I like Greg Cosell's work.

It's not a comparison so much as an archetype. Cosell is saying that if everything works out for Josh Rosen, if he trains on the way he needs to, and if the coaching staff can hold his hand enough, then you could see another Jared Goff.

What he doesn't say in there is that he considers Jared Goff to be a system quarterback that can only achieve great results in a very narrow set of circumstances.

who really cares if he's a system QB if the system works for him and us. Montana, Brady were called system QBs, i guess Goff, so you really think any of their fans care the least little bit if they might suck outside of their system. i know some people see things first hands with their eyes, but let the kid get a few regular season snaps in first before saying hes going to be a piece of **** or he's going to be the next Brady. you dont have to knock the man every chance you get Chris, and yes having to have his hand held and saying only if the stars align properly is knocking him.

History has shown as long as you marry the right system to the right “system QB,” the results can be very very good.

Your chances of doing that are low, but still much higher than landing the next All-World QB.

You can either play or not..qb makes the system..jmo..

who really cares if he's a system QB if the system works for him and us. Montana, Brady were called system QBs, i guess Goff, so you really think any of their fans care the least little bit if they might suck outside of their system. i know some people see things first hands with their eyes, but let the kid get a few regular season snaps in first before saying hes going to be a piece of **** or he's going to be the next Brady. you dont have to knock the man every chance you get Chris, and yes having to have his hand held and saying only if the stars align properly is knocking him.
Can we get a ‘love’ option

Back
Top Bottom