Greg Cosell Compares Josh Rosen To Jared Goff. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Cosell Compares Josh Rosen To Jared Goff.

That’s exactly what Eli’s done. And other than the fact Eli literally turns his back on contact on bail out throws rosen did exactly the same thing on that almost awful int to Preston Williams. That’s the kind of throw that should have you on the bench.

You just can’t float that kinda stuff up there like that.

Young QB people are hypercritical of throws should have been pick - should ride the bench
Guy on something like his 13th team throws the ball off the hands of a defender and has a dreadful performance - ignored

Easy to see bias.

That near pick was an obvious miscommunication I wouldn't harp on that. The preseason is to iron things like that out

Obvious miscommunication how? Williams released outside with a man jamming him tbe entire way. he threw it inside the worst possible place. He was worried about impending contact.

Only video I could find of it

Looks like he wants Preston to cut inside as he throws inside. Could be a panic moment

Love the hypercritical thoughts of Rosen from the same people who propped up bad qb play for 7 years.

He made a bad pass, move on. All your favorite college stars made bad passes as well.

Only video I could find of it

Looks like he wants Preston to cut inside as he throws inside. Could be a panic moment

You don’t see the part where he bails out on it after the release. Heck late in the release even.

That ball can’t be thrown inside there off that release and jam. It’s a fair catch pretty much for the db.

It’s a just get it out of my hand thing. I saw it at zona a few times also

Love the hypercritical thoughts of Rosen from the same people who propped up bad qb play for 7 years.

He made a bad pass, move on. All your favorite college stars made bad passes as well.
You don't believe in Rosen on the big picture scale do you? I think everyone being overly critical has their mind on a 2020 QB. They want Rosen to be perfect if we stay with him

I think the Eli Manning comp is pretty fair. Eli was never considered elite but he had a couple elite stretches in the playoffs

You don't believe in Rosen on the big picture scale do you? I think everyone being overly critical has their mind on a 2020 QB

I don't know, nor do I really care in August about 2020.

Sitting here analyzing a play 2 days after a preseason game is not worth it. I've seen college stars make worse plays than that. Let Rosen show his play when it matters, not preseason game 2. Overanalyzing of film is why everyone praised Tannehill because of a few plays or nice passes.

Relax.

Trevor Lawrence is probably one of the best college prospects ever, but watching his Syracuse tape would've made everyone here hate him. He played awful. Gotta get past the one or 2 bad plays and replay them days after.

He led the Giants to two Super Bowl wins which is more than some of the best in the history of the game, like Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees. You’ll always be disappointed if you’re hoping for more.

Excluding the early and later years, which were/are very bad, Eli has been an above average QB, who runs hot and cold. Being good enough to win a SB obv counts for something, but we should understand that he's only led an offense that scored more than 30 points in one playoff game, and he's led offenses that scored 20 or less points in six playoff games. His offenses average 19.5 ppg in 12 playoff games.

By contrast, Roethlisberger-led offenses averaged 25 ppg (in 9 more playoff games), and that 25 ppg is about equal to Manning's best run.

This is to say that Manning is one of the more fortunate QB's we've ever seen.

Excluding the early and later years, which were/are very bad, Eli has been an above average QB, who runs hot and cold. Being good enough to win a SB obv counts for something, but we should understand that he's only led an offense that scored more than 30 points in one playoff game, and he's led offenses that scored 20 or less points in six playoff games. His offenses average 19.5 ppg in 12 playoff games.

By contrast, Roethlisberger-led offenses averaged 25 ppg (in 9 more playoff games), and that 25 ppg is about equal to Manning's best run.

This is to say that Manning is one of the more fortunate QB's we've ever seen.
I know you don't feel like Rosen is or will be good enough compared to the elite prospects of 2020. But if you didn't have those prospects coming would you stick with an Eli Manning?

I know you don't feel like Rosen is or will be good enough compared to the elite prospects of 2020. But if you didn't have those prospects coming would you stick with an Eli Manning?

I'd stick with him until I could upgrade the position. I'd never be content with a QB in Eli Manning's range. The position is too valuable.

I don't know, nor do I really care in August about 2020.

Sitting here analyzing a play 2 days after a preseason game is not worth it. I've seen college stars make worse plays than that. Let Rosen show his play when it matters, not preseason game 2. Overanalyzing of film is why everyone praised Tannehill because of a few plays or nice passes.

Relax.

Trevor Lawrence is probably one of the best college prospects ever, but watching his Syracuse tape would've made everyone here hate him. He played awful. Gotta get past the one or 2 bad plays and replay them days after.

Indeed...anybody who saw Arizona this week saw some awful throws by Kyler Murray...

Indeed...anybody who saw Arizona this week saw some awful throws by Kyler Murray...

That's my entire point, you don't know how any of the kids play once they get to the pros.

Tua looks to be an amazing qb prospect, but he's not guaranteed.

He led the Giants to two Super Bowl wins which is more than some of the best in the history of the game, like Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees. You’ll always be disappointed if you’re hoping for more.
The defense and a fluke catch lead the Giants to one Super Bowl and a good season and a hot post season resulted in another. Manning isn't a great QB. He was an okay QB surrounded by a very talented team for a time and was able to not screw it up. As soon as the talent slipped, Manning looked like exactly what he is, an average to below average starting QB. He was not a transformative talent at the position. Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco won Super Bowls. Big deal. You would never put them in the same class of QB as Dan Marino who won none.

Back
Top Bottom