Greg Cosell Compares Josh Rosen To Jared Goff. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Cosell Compares Josh Rosen To Jared Goff.

The defense and a fluke catch lead the Giants to one Super Bowl and a good season and a hot post season resulted in another. Manning isn't a great QB. He was an okay QB surrounded by a very talented team for a time and was able to not screw it up. As soon as the talent slipped, Manning looked like exactly what he is, an average to below average starting QB. He was not a transformative talent at the position. Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco won Super Bowls. Big deal. You would never put them in the same class of QB as Dan Marino who won none.

He had an absolutely stellar postseason run one year on the way to the Lombardi.

I mean wow level play thru the playoffs

Damning with faint praise. Eli Manning, overrated as he may be, I'd happily take. Let's hope Rosen gets as far as becoming an established NFL starter.
Manning level play would be the best case scenario for Rosen. I can see him falling far short of that even.

He had an absolutely stellar postseason run one year on the way to the Lombardi.

I mean wow level play thru the playoffs
So did Flacco. Actually more than once. That doesn't make him a great QB. I know we agree about this.

Indeed...anybody who saw Arizona this week saw some awful throws by Kyler Murray...
The difference being, Murry is a rookie experiencing the speed of the NFL game for only the second time in the preseason and Rosen is in year two when most QB's make their biggest jump yet Rosen still looks a lot like the same player as he was in Arizona.

Indeed...anybody who saw Arizona this week saw some awful throws by Kyler Murray...
I watched both games of Murry's in the preseason, and if I were an Arizona fan, I would be giddy from what I have seen from him and what I've heard about him so far.

I watched both games of Murry's in the preseason, and if I were an Arizona fan, I would be giddy from what I have seen from him and what I've heard about him so far.
Let Arizona fans be giddy.

this is a chicken / egg type thing … but at the end of the day - believe that MOST QBs fall in on a system, become successful in it and THEN become the system …. which is most DEFINITELY is BRADY.

thus the argument of 'where' a QB goes when drafted really DOES matter …. can be a shitty team, shitty or no system, and QBs fail …. some their fault, some not. Depending upon how bad the experience is (to include injury) … some can't ever recover from the mental beatdown. We've seen this record over and over again … and with RARE exceptions you can say this about most athletes in any sport …

Back
Top Bottom