Greg Little and Austin Jackson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Little and Austin Jackson

I hear ya, but the benefit of the doubt always goes to your own high draft pick...
That would depend upon who's making the decisions. At this point, I have to think Grier's job is safe enough that AJ's fate is not a determining factor, and McD has no stake in Jackson either. What would motivate either one of them to play a lesser player, particularly when the safety of your "franchise" QB hangs in the balance.

Many ppl share your opinion, so I'm not going to say it's dumb. It just seems to me like playing a lesser player in these circumstances is illogical, regardless of draft status. If that conclusion were actually true, wouldn't Iggy also be playing? No, I can't see the logic of that thought process at all.

That would depend upon who's making the decisions. At this point, I have to think Grier's job is safe enough that AJ's fate is not a determining factor, and McD has no stake in Jackson either. What would motivate either one of them to play a lesser player, particularly when the safety of your "franchise" QB hangs in the balance.

Many ppl share your opinion, so I'm not going to say it's dumb. It just seems to me like playing a lesser player in these circumstances is illogical, regardless of draft status. If that conclusion were actually true, wouldn't Iggy also be playing? No, I can't see the logic of that thought process at all.
But per my other post that's why Iggy is still even on the team

That's a bit different than actually starting, though. There is zero cap advantage in cutting Iggy.
Yeah, but he's taking the space of someone that can actually contribute.

The only time the offensive line has looked bad this year is with him in there. The only time the offensive line has looked like a competent offensive line in YEARS is when he hasn't been on the field these last two weeks.

I'm not saying write him off for the career, but I'm not shuffling anyone to the bench right now on a unit that's exceeding expectations- not for someone who has never been good in this league.
Feeling a little passive aggressive today?

From the lens of a fan, it certainly looks like Little is getting the job done. When the coaches break down the film if it shows the same then you have to keep Little in. Ajax has proved nothing, and he only won the job by default because he was a high draft pick.
Yea, coaches always do that out of respect for the coaches that drafted him. What a stupid statement (as opposed to ignorant). I am getting used to it though, as if it's a pattern.

Yeah, but he's taking the space of someone that can actually contribute.
I thought we were talking about AJ starting over Little, based on us drafting him with a high pick. That's what my original comment addressed. Cut Iggy, don't cut him. It isn't a big deal to me either way. You are talking about a bottom of the roster spot, and he hasn't been active much of the time anyway, so what spot is he actually taking?

I understand your point, though.

Back
Top Bottom