Greg Little and Austin Jackson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Little and Austin Jackson

Exactly. But for instance Iggy is still on the team for one reason only...high draft pick!
I agree it's one reason. But the reason is cap hit. They are eating the roster spot to save the cap rollover for next year.

I thought we were talking about AJ starting over Little, based on us drafting him with a high pick. That's what my original comment addressed. Cut Iggy, don't cut him. It isn't a big deal to me either way. You are talking about a bottom of the roster spot, and he hasn't been active much of the time anyway, so what spot is he actually taking?

I understand your point, though.
Will Fins need a spot for Cracraft? I'd hate to lose him as he may be blossoming before our eyes!

That’s the key. Is his slower progress is due to talent or coaching. Assuming we have good coaching now, how much time does he get to excel?
That's up to the coaches. I mean, we could all give our differing opinions, but in the end, he almost assuredly gets the final (4th) year of his rookie deal, where he is on the books (guaranteed) a little over 4 mil. That's about the cost of any decent depth FA lineman, and he is still young enough to make a leap.

Will Fins need a spot for Cracraft? I'd hate to lose him as he may be blossoming before our eyes!
IDK. Tough call on this one. Part of me would like to see him remain, but it is really a numbers game at the WR spot, and EZ needs to be worked into some playing time at some point. With Jones coming off IR after this week, we will need a spot for him, as well, and I don't see us dropping any DBs, as the bottom guys play a lot of ST snaps.

I would keep Little starting. Yes we used a lot of 7 man pass blocking schemes yesterday but he’s holding his own. There will be plenty of opportunities for Ajax.

Mcdaniels offensive game plan yesterday was to protect Tua from the bills elite front 4, which succeeded to an extent. Two things I never want to see again the rest of the season.
1- against elite, physical , at times dirty defenses do not call a QB sneak w Tua. Only scenario I would accept that playcall is to win the Super Bowl or to win a playoff game that puts you in the Super Bowl.
2- please emphasize to Tua to avoid hits & learn how to fall.
3- if a cheap dirty hit on Tua occurs like the one Milano did, dolphins players need to adv the other team about the consequences. If you notice after Tua came back our defense was hitting harder and sending a message. Wilkins hit on Knox was no coincidence, dolphins defense was looking for payback for Milano cheap hit.

Mcdaniels offensive game plan yesterday was to protect Tua from the bills elite front 4, which succeeded to an extent. Two things I never want to see again the rest of the season.
1- against elite, physical , at times dirty defenses do not call a QB sneak w Tua. Only scenario I would accept that playcall is to win the Super Bowl or to win a playoff game that puts you in the Super Bowl.
2- please emphasize to Tua to avoid hits & learn how to fall.
3- if a cheap dirty hit on Tua occurs like the one Milano did, dolphins players need to adv the other team about the consequences. If you notice after Tua came back our defense was hitting harder and sending a message. Wilkins hit on Knox was no coincidence, dolphins defense was looking for payback for Milano cheap hit.
I did not think the hit on Tua was dirty. Am I viewing this wrong?
He just pushed him down. No helmet as a spear tackle, no body slam, no head hit. Tua fell from the push and then the way he fell his head snapped back and hit the turf.

I did not think the hit on Tua was dirty. Am I viewing this wrong?
He just pushed him down. No helmet as a spear tackle, no body slam, no head hit. Tua fell from the push and then the way he fell his head snapped back and hit the turf.
Actually I think the cheap shot was on the QB keeper that he got bent back on. Milano came in hard from side with helmet to rib cage area

Actually I think the cheap shot was on the QB keeper that he got bent back on. Milano came in hard from side with helmet to rib cage area
Maybe that is the play everyone means. Thanks.

The only time the offensive line has looked bad this year is with him in there. The only time the offensive line has looked like a competent offensive line in YEARS is when he hasn't been on the field these last two weeks.

I'm not saying write him off for the career, but I'm not shuffling anyone to the bench right now on a unit that's exceeding expectations- not for someone who has never been good in this league.
This is how I’ve seen it too. I mean they only gave up 4 pressures to the Bills and they carved up the Ravens. I’ve seen Little make some great seal and kick out blocks on our rushing TDs too. IDK I think he’s a keeper. Let’s not forget he was also a very high draft pick

That’s the key. Is his slower progress is due to talent or coaching. Assuming we have good coaching now, how much time does he get to excel?
I don't know if he'll ever "excel" but I can tell you this line > 2021 line.

If you think about it they added two guys and kept the rest basically. Is this a line like the Cowboys line of a few years ago, nope but the entire line is playing better, even the depth players and that has to be coaching.

Mostert needs to be better in my opinion. Two times in that game he got tackled for no gain one on one with LB in space. One on a third and 2 from about our own thirty and the draw play right before the deep throw to Waddle. I know he is fast but does he have any wiggle to his game?

From this summer, when healthy, Little is the better player. Wasnt Little already nicked up when AJax got the OpeDay start?
I dont think AJax is higher on a chart in their grand scheme.

Back
Top Bottom