Gregg Williams Anyone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gregg Williams Anyone?

Guy has more wins this year in Cleveland than they did all 3 years prior. Browns are hiring Freddy Kitchens. Why? The guy just might be more trouble than he's worth. Likely why Dorsey is not hiring him.
I think it's more that the Browns don't want to loss Kitchens. He was good for Baker.

His leadership style is one of shouting the loudest and bullying. That came over pretty clearly on Hard Knocks. It's a technique that often yields great short term benefits, but it's not sustainable and will lead to dissatisfaction among the group eventually. Don't think he's a guy you want to spearhead your "rip it up and start again" movement.

At least him not being an option is one thing I can be thankful about.

bounty gate dude? pass...

“We’ve got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore’s head,” Williams told the players.
I think too much was made out of "Bounty-gate".

I will say this about Williams. the man did great job coaching the browns. he should be somebody HC in NFL.

I think it's more that the Browns don't want to loss Kitchens. He was good for Baker.

They don' t have to lose him since he's under contract but the new coach, assuming it's not Williams would need to be ok with that.

I remember it.
It got Payton suspended and Williams out the door.

Gleason was the one in the wheelchair they were doing a documentary about when they got Williams on tape saying that crap.

Everything else aside, is a person with that little presence of mind someone you want coaching a team that seemingly loves a scandal?

Gleason was the one in the wheelchair they were doing a documentary about when they got Williams on tape saying that crap.

Everything else aside, is a person with that little presence of mind someone you want coaching a team that seemingly loves a scandal?
Actually, if you look back in this thread, I've never endorsed him.
I didn't see the documentary, but I DO think Williams was heard on tape speaking what is normally UNSPOKEN; but known to everyone.

His leadership style is one of shouting the loudest and bullying. That came over pretty clearly on Hard Knocks. It's a technique that often yields great short term benefits, but it's not sustainable and will lead to dissatisfaction among the group eventually. Don't think he's a guy you want to spearhead your "rip it up and start again" movement.

This is the best explanation of why to not hire him. Fear and adrenaline are great short-term motivators. They're horrible long-term motivators.

Actually, if you look back in this thread, I've never endorsed him.
I didn't see the documentary, but I DO think Williams was heard on tape speaking what is normally UNSPOKEN; but known to everyone.

Morals aside, it was a really thick headed thing to do given the circumstances, to put it mildly. He's not a good guy or great coach ... only a blowhard motivator.

I'm just glad his name hasn't been linked to the team.

Back
Top Bottom