Grier and the Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier and the Draft

I’m sure you were one of the people faithfully defending tannehill during his 7 year snooze fest here also
RT isn't an elite HOF QB, but he also wasn't even close to the biggest problem in his time here.

It was, however, time to move on. In fact, He, and Gase, were kept beyond their expiration date.

Glad to see RT doing well, and happy as hell Gase fell flat on his face.

Quoted for later use.
It doesn't include the two other lineman we picked who we can generously call projects at this point but i will venmo everyone on this board $20 if Kindley turns into anything.
I read contemporary supernatural fantasy...

I know "Elvish"...

Define "turns into anything" before the next season or two starts.

Oh yeah...I'm on this board.

A healthy Wilson does change the offensive possibilities, but I doubt that affected the general plan and direction of the draft in the early rounds.
Agreed, but even still we considered the WR one of our best groups. And thinking we needed to spend early picks on wr is silly.

RT isn't an elite HOF QB, but he also wasn't even close to the biggest problem in his time here.

It was, however, time to move on. In fact, He, and Gase, were kept beyond their expiration date.

Glad to see RT doing well, and happy as hell Gase fell flat on his face.
I agree with that but it’s not only about finding the biggest problem. Ryan had to go. In any case , I’ll always root for him , he’s a good guy

I agree with that but it’s not only about finding the biggest problem. Ryan had to go. In any case , I’ll always root for him , he’s a good guy
It's not "only" about the biggest one, but it's the best place to start.

RT wasn't even in the top 3 problems.

So we have 3 first round picks, a chance to change our team for years to come. 3 first round picks think about that.
Tua- Looks pretty good, some alarming things but 3-1 record with pedestrian stats
Austin Jackson-Forced pick because we were dead set on a tackle, so we literally took the highest graded tackle left on our board. He is not good period. Rookie or not, you can't end up on your *** that many times in a game (and it happens often).
Iggy- We treated this like a luxury pick and paid for it. Looks like he doesn't belong on defense and is unplayable.

This doesn't include the two other lineman we picked who we can generously call projects at this point but i will venmo everyone on this board $20 if Kindley turns into anything.

So my point is im done giving Grier a free pass, he blew a once in a lifetime opportunity with three first round picks. Not like we could have used a Wr like Jefferson or anything right?

Lighten up Francis

It's not "only" about the biggest one, but it's the best place to start.

RT wasn't even in the top 3 problems.
I’m not sure why it matters as to where he was ranked on our list of problems tbh. He wasn’t the guy that we could move forward with.

I’m not sure why it matters as to where he was ranked on our list of problems tbh. He wasn’t the guy that we could move forward with.
Then why comment? It was already agreed that his time here was over, and we likely went a year or two farther than was prudent.

At the time, Gase was here, and Tanny was his guy. It didn't make sense (as management saw it) to do anything, until we were ready to jettison both, and Tbum along with them.

It was an exchange that covered multiple posts. The context was more than just the one post.

I read contemporary supernatural fantasy...

I know "Elvish"...

Define "turns into anything" before the next season or two starts.

Oh yeah...I'm on this board.
“Turns into anything “- a long term starter

Only 1st rd pick I have an issue with is Noah. Wasn’t thrilled with Jackson on draft day but his play has changed my opinion on him:

I would tend to agree with the OP.

I was foolish to think that Tua would finish his career at 266 wins and NO LOSSES.

thats the thing that kills me, Ceedee would have been perfect. We plenty of capital to move up instead of forcing picks.
I still don’t think they pick him. I think Philly would have been on the phone with us to trade up and we move back and still get AJ

Back
Top Bottom