Grier and the Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier and the Draft

Both Hunt and Kindley may very well develop into long-term starters. Hell, the 'book' on first year linemen is that they generally suck. Look at Andrew Thomas for a moment; he was considered to be a slam-dunk, immediate starter, and well... he's really struggled. Like... REALLY struggled. This isn't the outlier, this is the trend.

Our Guards had been a major issue for a decade... so we brought in three of them (Flowers, Hunt, Kindley), and our Guard play has greatly improved. Sure... it isn't playoff worthy yet, but it's a lot better... and considering that both Hunt and Kindley have been nicked up the past few weeks, their slight decline makes sense.

These two will only get better, and Flowers has been pretty good most of the time. Hell, I'll take that for now. Once we bring in a quality Right Tackle and give these guys a full off and pre season, I think we'll be ready to roll.

Just remember, the jewel of this line draft was Austin Jackson, 21 year old Austin Jackson... who has been out-playing the aforementioned Andrew Thomas. Hunt and Kindley were lesser prospects... less athletic... more in need of weight room and more reps.

To try to write these guys off is ludicrous. Just completely nuts... Are you gonna cut Andrew Thomas too? Don't be foolish.

Its funny how fast things change after a loss. I guess that's just the nature of being a fan.

Tua didn't have a good game against Denver, but I'm not ready to say Miami should have picked Herbert. Need to give it time.

Jackson is already good, but still developing. Iggy has played poorly. He was forced into action before he was ready.

Kindley has regressed, to the point where I'm not sure if he's the long-term answer. Hunt looks to be developing.

Davis has played really well the last two weeks. He's a good penetrator, but kind of a phone booth player.

Jones has played really well.

I’m sure you were one of the people faithfully defending tannehill during his 7 year snooze fest here also

Yeah always thought he was a good qb if he was kept upright. You were so right to boo him out of town. It’s not like he left and became a top 10 qb the last two years in his new team. Killed it bro, guess we found our new head of scouting. Anyone have Ross’s contact info? Got to get this dude to the top so he can make such killer calls.

If i can get a top 75 pick for gesicki this offseason from some sucker he’s gone.

im drafting his replacement. I’m done

take that inconsistent obvious tell to the opposition bs someplace else

So we have 3 first round picks, a chance to change our team for years to come. 3 first round picks think about that.
Tua- Looks pretty good, some alarming things but 3-1 record with pedestrian stats
Austin Jackson-Forced pick because we were dead set on a tackle, so we literally took the highest graded tackle left on our board. He is not good period. Rookie or not, you can't end up on your *** that many times in a game (and it happens often).
Iggy- We treated this like a luxury pick and paid for it. Looks like he doesn't belong on defense and is unplayable.

This doesn't include the two other lineman we picked who we can generously call projects at this point but i will venmo everyone on this board $20 if Kindley turns into anything.

So my point is im done giving Grier a free pass, he blew a once in a lifetime opportunity with three first round picks. Not like we could have used a Wr like Jefferson or anything right?

Sorry you want to ride that dark, negative train we all were forced to ride since Shula, but you're ficking blind, ignorant or a teenager to be this intentionally ignorant.

Also stop trading or using valuable draft assets on gadget guys. Wtf are you thinking with this crap.

none of em are ever worth it. Every year the udfa or late rounds are full of these types. If they don’t have defined rolls and skill sets pass on the conversion crap

If i can get a top 75 pick for gesicki this offseason from some sucker he’s gone.

im drafting his replacement. I’m done

take that inconsistent obvious tell to the opposition bs someplace else
He has not played well the last three or four games. Too many contested catches and not enough production. I think teams realize Miami doesn't have many weapons on offense and are giving him more attention???

I'm definitely on the fence with him and wouldn't mind an upgrade.

He has not played well the last three or four games. Too many contested catches and not enough production. I think teams realize Miami doesn't have many weapons on offense and are giving him more attention???

I'm definitely on the fence with him and wouldn't mind an upgrade.

there’s never been any extra attention. It’s not that he’s not playing well. He is what he is and it’s not enough when I only have dvp on the other side. It wasn’t enough when Preston was out there either.

there’s no real iso win there on 3rd down. Go get something that does.

this is why I said that while he was most improved last year there was levels to it.

it just depends on where Miami wants to allocate its priorities. If it’s me I’m getting a wr piece and a tight end one. Upgrading both. Assuming the board breaks where I can. Or if it breaks where the wr isn’t the value but the tight end upgrade is I’m taking the tight end. There’s no more free pass for gesicki.

preston comes back assuming he’s done for the rest of this year as the 3 or 4 wr option he gives me more than that it’s gravy and my offense skill player wise is rolling.

...still would like me some Creed Humphrey. Add a bastard RT kick Hunt to RG
put fatty fish on backup duty then play some mean nasty on the OL! Get a stud
powerful RB and move the ball 4-5-6 chunks at a time.

thats the thing that kills me, Ceedee would have been perfect. We plenty of capital to move up instead of forcing picks.
Why trade up Dallas made a luxury pick like Moss fell to them. Picks like that with a bad defense gets you a. 3-7 record. But I guess it was just Jerry being Jerry. He’s starting to look like Al Davis his last 10 years in the league.

there’s never been any extra attention. It’s not that he’s not playing well. He is what he is and it’s not enough when I only have dvp on the other side. It wasn’t enough when Preston was out there either.

there’s no real iso win there on 3rd down. Go get something that does.

this is why I said that while he was most improved last year there was levels to it.

it just depends on where Miami wants to allocate its priorities. If it’s me I’m getting a wr piece and a tight end one. Upgrading both. Assuming the board breaks where I can. Or if it breaks where the wr isn’t the value but the tight end upgrade is I’m taking the tight end. There’s no more free pass for gesicki.

preston comes back assuming he’s done for the rest of this year as the 3 or 4 wr option he gives me more than that it’s gravy and my offense skill player wise is rolling.
Pitts is the biggest tight end mismatch in the draft. Might go top15. Jordan maybe in R2.

Back
Top Bottom