Grier Fixing Tannenbaums Mess. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Fixing Tannenbaums Mess.

It's nice seeing this all unfold the way it has. A Smart, well thought out Plan. A new direction for the franchise. No more quick fixes. No more huge over priced contracts, no more contract restructuring that causes more problems in the future. Spending wisely, a F/O structure that is a traditional and proven way to conduct business. And a F/O with one voice that is surrounded by numerous talent evaluators with enormous amounts of experience and success. Yes this is the cleansing of the Mike Tannenbaum stench, left in the wake of bad decisions!!!
We seem to finally have a plan and if that plan doesn’t work, we have one person that is accountable.

I know some people wanted to get rid of everyone in the last regime. But keeping only Grier might be a really good thing for this franchise in the years to come.
He's surrounded himself with some very knowledgable people. Our front office looks better qualified than it has in years! So far I like what I see.

I think with McKenzie in the front office he will be better than we were in the past.
And we have a winner! Great point John, he is no doubt a huge asset to the front office. More than most on here realize. I was stoked when he came aboard.

We seem to finally have a plan and if that plan doesn’t work, we have one person that is accountable.

I really like the steps being taken since day one of post-Gase era from Ross. I read and watch a lot of video on what Ross was doing and saying during the playoffs.

These are from 3 months ago.

Ross is Boss:up:

Stephen Ross fired Adam Gase with intent to rebuild Miami Dolphins

Finally, Ross has seen the errors in his way. By promoting Chris Grier to head of football operations, and reassigning Mike Tannenbaum fully out of the decision process, Grier can now search for his head coach. Grier will also have full control of the 53-man roster, which Gase previously carried, and he will be the one to make the decisions regarding free agents and the draft.

It may be a long while before we see it, but this is a step in the right direction for the organization. Ross has seen enough, and took responsibility in the press conference for the Dolphins inconsistencies. Fans have given Ross a lot of grief over the years, and for good reason, but it’s a big step for a man who is not a football guy to admit his mistakes in the past, and to come to the understanding that sometimes you need growing pains in order to build success.

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/01/01/stephen-ross-fired-adam-gase-with-intent-to-rebuild/

Will the Dolphins tank? Does it work? And does Ross have patience to see it through?

Will the same happen to Chris Grier, named the team’s head of football operations on Monday?

That’s a concern for those familiar with Stephen Ross, who turns 79 in May. Ross wants to win every year, but signaled after another failed season that he is finally willing to endure some suffering to land a top quarterback.

Stephen Ross : Quote:

“We’re no further along than when I really bought the team(2009),” Ross said Monday. “We’ve been operating under a philosophy that we had a good young roster and it needed maybe free agents and draft choices and we’d be very competitive. To keep operating under that philosophy would be like the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and really expecting a different result.

“So I thought it was time for the organization to take a different approach,” Ross continued. “... Basically, the thought is we’re going to look to really build this organization based on our needs and if it takes a year or so — two years, three years — we’re going to be there and we’re going to be a winning organization.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article223870470.html

Last edited:
It's nice seeing this all unfold the way it has. A Smart, well thought out Plan. A new direction for the franchise. No more quick fixes. No more huge over priced contracts, no more contract restructuring that causes more problems in the future. Spending wisely, a F/O structure that is a traditional and proven way to conduct business. And a F/O with one voice that is surrounded by numerous talent evaluators with enormous amounts of experience and success. Yes this is the cleansing of the Mike Tannenbaum stench, left in the wake of bad decisions!!!
Looks like for a change somebody has a plan written down on paper as opposed to winging it!

What, specifically, has he done that you so vehemently disagree with?

Maybe I'm missing something, but he seems to be getting the cap back to a workable situation. IMO, that is where you start to build the foundation for success.

Largo is a prime example of why drinking and Finheaven don't go hand in hand.

I'm done with Chris Grier. Not a day more, not a single fkn day more!

here-i-found-what-you-were-looking-for-attention-19735251.png

We have people here that once they don't like a coach or a player or a FO person, they will never give that guy a break. In their eyes that person can do no good. I was one of those that wanted Grier gone with everyone else but I'll call it like I see it and so far he's doing what I was hoping he'd do so I give him props for that. Getting anything for Tannehill was awesome. I like them bringing in Allen as we needed a great blocking TE and a veteran in that young TE room. We're looking at way over 100mill in cap space for next year and probably 10 picks at least.
We'll see how they do with the draft but to dump on Grier just to say "I was right" makes no sense. I'm rooting for the guy to do well even thought he wasn't my first choice. Same with Flores. He wasn't my first choice but I'm rooting for him cause if he does well then it means OUR teams does well.

We have people here that once they don't like a coach or a player or a FO person, they will never give that guy a break. In their eyes that person can do no good. I was one of those that wanted Grier gone with everyone else but I'll call it like I see it and so far he's doing what I was hoping he'd do so I give him props for that. Getting anything for Tannehill was awesome. I like them bringing in Allen as we needed a great blocking TE and a veteran in that young TE room. We're looking at way over 100mill in cap space for next year and probably 10 picks at least.
We'll see how they do with the draft but to dump on Grier just to say "I was right" makes no sense. I'm rooting for the guy to do well even thought he wasn't my first choice. Same with Flores. He wasn't my first choice but I'm rooting for him cause if he does well then it means OUR teams does well.

People on this site that will never give a coach or player a break once they don’t like him or start to sour on him? I never noticed that. People will be calling for Flores to be fired during the preseason once they see how awful this team truely will be.

Back
Top Bottom