Grier Fixing Tannenbaums Mess. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Fixing Tannenbaums Mess.

It's easy. You get an elite QB, and you get an elite defensive coordinator. And then everyone can focus on doing their job.

You move up to the top of the draft and get Haskins or Lock. Elite.
And you hire Jack Del Rio. Elite. It is that easy.

You do not draft non elite QB, let's say Tannehill or Rosen, and then get Kevin Coyle or Burke, or Graham, a first year DC to coach your defense!

It is that easy. And that is what rebuild is about, structural issues. It's not about roster. Roster is always improved, every year, has nothing to do with rebuild. You always want to have the best roster.

And you do not plan to lose, and you do not destroy the roster. Which is what Grier has done. You build the roster, you make it better, not worse!

They hired first year coaches - an L.
They have not moved up for a QB - an L.
They scrapped the roster - an L.
They are paying cash to get rid of players - an L.
They want to draft a non prototypical QB next year, a 6 feet 1/4 inch QB who never threw the ball more than 370 times in a season. -- an L.

This is not elite approach. This is a disaster!

This guy is milking the owner for time and money without accomplishing anything. It's a fraud.
tenor.gif

Not a fan of a tank plan. Breeds that failure is acceptable which is dangerous.

Looks like our FA plan includes small signings. Eric Rowe and Dwayne Allen aren't exactly inspiring FA signings, but they also don't harm us in the longterm if they don't work out. Grier's first year will be judged by the draft, and how he handles Tunsil and Howard.

IMO, it's a bad idea to announce you're tanking. They should simply not bring in any talented short-term pieces. Just let the players and assistant coaches do their best but occasionally shoot success in the foot. They know their players' weaknesses. Put them in situations where they will rarely succeed and you won't win games.

It's easy. You get an elite QB, and you get an elite defensive coordinator. And then everyone can focus on doing their job.

You move up to the top of the draft and get Haskins or Lock. Elite.
And you hire Jack Del Rio. Elite. It is that easy.

You do not draft non elite QB, let's say Tannehill or Rosen, and then get Kevin Coyle or Burke, or Graham, a first year DC to coach your defense!

It is that easy. And that is what rebuild is about, structural issues. It's not about roster. Roster is always improved, every year, has nothing to do with rebuild. You always want to have the best roster.

And you do not plan to lose, and you do not destroy the roster. Which is what Grier has done. You build the roster, you make it better, not worse!

They hired first year coaches - an L.
They have not moved up for a QB - an L.
They scrapped the roster - an L.
They are paying cash to get rid of players - an L.
They want to draft a non prototypical QB next year, a 6 feet 1/4 inch QB who never threw the ball more than 370 times in a season. -- an L.

This is not elite approach. This is a disaster!

This guy is milking the owner for time and money without accomplishing anything. It's a fraud.

LOL

Hey guys, this guy has cracked the code. Mr. Holy here says it’s as easy as getting an elite QB. I’m completely baffled as to why the rest of the NFL hasn’t picked up on this super obvious solution yet.

Getting rid of players is easy compared to adding them. We need 3 top level drafts in a row

The GM under Tannenbaum struggled with that. Let's see how this new one (aparantly) does

Last edited:
So many opportunities to lose. let's see
Forget you have timeouts, or maybe you have no timeouts because you challenged an obviously correct call.
Run on 3rd and medium, 20 yard pass attempt on 3rd and short. Have a delicious all-you-can-eat buffet for the players each Saturday night. You can't be blatant about it, but mix it in.

Don't you have to be smart to free up room in cap space without damaging the team more than you repair it?

NO! First of all repair is a separate act from freeing cap space. It's like taxing and spending, they are two separate acts. Demolition is a separate act from building. Cannot do both at the same time. You do one or the other. Tanking and building are separate acts. You cannot tank and build at the same time. The two do not go together, at the same time. You are either getting worse or you are getting better.

Second, No! You do not have to be smart to free cap room without damaging the team. It's very simple, you just cannot be an idiot, like Grier. You cannot set out to increase gains, and then decrease the gains.
Set to out to move on from Tannehill, get the available gain of 13 mil, but then turn around and pay his salary which you did not have to do and decrease the gain to 8 mi, and lose cash and cap room!

So no, you do not have to be smart, you just cannot be an idiot, and you cannot damage the team, you cannot do demolition. And that's why Chris Grier is a fraud as a GM.

NO! First of all repair is a separate act from freeing cap space. It's like taxing and spending, they are two separate acts. Demolition is a separate act from building. Cannot do both at the same time. You do one or the other. Tanking and building are separate acts. You cannot tank and build at the same time. The two do not go together, at the same time. You are either getting worse or you are getting better.

Second, No! You do not have to be smart to free cap room without damaging the team. It's very simple, you just cannot be an idiot, like Grier. You cannot set out to increase gains, and then decrease the gains.
Set to out to move on from Tannehill, get the available gain of 13 mil, but then turn around and pay his salary which you did not have to do and decrease the gain to 8 mi, and lose cash and cap room!

So no, you do not have to be smart, you just cannot be an idiot, and you cannot damage the team, you cannot do demolition. And that's why Chris Grier is a fraud as a GM.
So, do you think Grier can get the job done? Seems like he's doing all the right things.

So, do you think Grier can get the job done? Seems like he's doing all the right things.

No, of course not, he cannot get the job. He is not doing anything right and never will.

His job is to set the standards of excellence, and enforce those standards. Nothing more and nothing less. He has not done that, any step of the way.

His job was to hire the best coaching staff, and he hired first-years head coach, defensive coordinator, and offensive coordinator. That's not excellence, that's not the standard, that is fkn around, winging it.

His job is to facilitate winning, this year. He wants to lose this year. That's not excellence, that does not meet the standards.

His job is to improve the roster. He is demolishing the roster.

His job is to get an elite QB, not the QB; and to always know per the standards who those quarterbacks are so that we can get one any time, as long as they are available. Instead he is fixating on a particular quarterback.

Chris Grier has no standards, let alone of excellence. He is winging, fkn around, buying himself time with propaganda to milk the owner for money.
Of course a guy like that cannot get the job done. He's a fraud.

Doing some trolling today Ray?

No.

I just felt the need to point out that a slash and burn strategy to reduce cap space always has the potential to hurt you in some key positions. If you can get rid of some but not all of the largest contracts and end up keeping a few of the really important players, then you have done a good job.

I was going to point that out to my antagonistic responder, but after reading his response I figured it would be a wasted effort and at that point I might have resorted to trolling, just because its a dull part of the season. I really try not to troll, but this is such a target rich environment that it takes a fair amount of self control to stay out of that pit.

The last time I went that directions I ended up changing my "hamster" term for haters to "lemmings". After a little back and forth with my antagonist, the guy lost whatever was left of his mind. That was discouraging. I don't need that stuff. There is plenty I don't agree with and the better posters can usually provide a reasonable explanation for their position based on facts, not emotion. I can accept that.

The drama queens are another case entirely!

No, of course not, he cannot get the job. He is not doing anything right and never will.

His job is to set the standards of excellence, and enforce those standards. Nothing more and nothing less. He has not done that, any step of the way.

His job was to hire the best coaching staff, and he hired first-years head coach, defensive coordinator, and offensive coordinator. That's not excellence, that's not the standard, that is fkn around, winging it.

His job is to facilitate winning, this year. He wants to lose this year. That's not excellence, that does not meet the standards.

His job is to improve the roster. He is demolishing the roster.

His job is to get an elite QB, not the QB; and to always know per the standards who those quarterbacks are so that we can get one any time, as long as they are available. Instead he is fixating on a particular quarterback.

Chris Grier has no standards, let alone of excellence. He is winging, fkn around, buying himself time with propaganda to milk the owner for money.
Of course a guy like that cannot get the job done. He's a fraud.
Were you playing a violin while writing this post? I could have sworn I heard some violins playing while reading this diatribe.

Back
Top Bottom