Grier, McD & Fangio are Doing a Great Job!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier, McD & Fangio are Doing a Great Job!!!

To be fair, he paid top money to a DC with the previous hire. He just gave the clueless bastard the title of HC.

I've said repeatedly that the most glaring weakness in Chris Grier's history has been his part in selecting lunatics to be HC.

It *seems* Miami got it right this time. Let's wait until Year 3 to be sure...that's when the last two coaches kinda lost their minds.

Agreed. Its wild the only position you can argue is TE. Id say we downgraded, but it's a huge question mark with the tweeners we've got.

Though I do agree that the TE is the only position that might have been downgraded, don't be surprised if that question was asked to McDaniel or any of the Offense coaching, they might tell you they actually upgraded.

McDaniel wanted to get better blocking from that TE position over better receiving skills, so this to him might be better then last year.

If you look at the Miami Offense, and all the receiving weapons they have at WR and RB, expecting much from the TE position receiving wise might not have been as vital, as making sure when needed they can block, with the added receptions here and there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if McDaniel was able to get a complete TE that can do both equally well, he would jump on it, but for now it's blocking he needs most from the TE position to succeed, and maybe make Miami Super.

For now, Higgins seems to look more and more like a very intriguing project for the Dolphins coaches to create their version of the all purpose starting TE eventually.🤞

I've said repeatedly that the most glaring weakness in Chris Grier's history has been his part in selecting lunatics to be HC.

It *seems* Miami got it right this time. Let's wait until Year 3 to be sure...that's when the last two coaches kinda lost their minds.
Both previous HCs had personality issues that became apparent almost immediately. At least I don't have that concern with McD.

Though I do agree that the TE is the only position that might have been downgraded, don't be surprised if that question was asked to McDaniel or any of the Offense coaching, they might tell you they actually upgraded.

McDaniel wanted to get better blocking from that TE position over better receiving skills, so this to him might be better then last year.

If you look at the Miami Offense, and all the receiving weapons they have at WR and RB, expecting much from the TE position receiving wise might not have been as vital, as making sure when needed they can block, with the added receptions here and there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if McDaniel was able to get a complete TE that can do both equally well, he would jump on it, but for now it's blocking he needs most from the TE position to succeed, and maybe make Miami Super.

For now, Higgins seems to look more and more like a very intriguing project for the Dolphins coaches to create their version of the all purpose starting TE eventually.🤞
Yeah, I mean we don't need the TE catching many passes. We gotten give the ball to Hill, Waddle, Berrios, Wilson, Anderson, Mostert, Wilson, etc....

He hasn’t done offense yet. Hasn’t done safety or ILB yet to finish up defense, either.

But he did say the other day that he really likes the Isaiah Wynn addition.
Yea I like the Wynn addition too, hope he stays healthy but at least it's something

I think I read somewhere that Applebaum struggled to coach the OL last year, so Frank Smith had to babysit. Now we have Barry. I want to be enthusiastic about the hire, but there are reports from the players on his old team saying he didn't know what he was doing. I trust McDaniel and I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. As with last year, Frank Smith could cover if need be, but wouldn't that be taking him away from his duties? There is only so much time in a day. If we are going to make a run at this thing, everybody, coaches included, needs to be on the same page and performing at the highest level.
Find it hard to care very much about unattributed comments from players whose whole season seemed to be a toxic nightmare

Trusting in McDaniel until there’s a good reason not to 😀

According to Mike Clay, we have the #1 best CB room in the NFL, the#4 best interior defensive line in the NFL, and the #6 best edge rushers in the NFL.

And we have a potential All Pro at safety, and two rock solid starters at ILB.

Not too shabby.

I guess not having a #1 draft pick or two, doesn't make as much of a difference as many here proclaimed it would.

I wonder why? - LOL

Sorry for not getting back to posters comments sooner. One multiple comment was not addressing the OL.
I'm tired of some beating this dead horse. We made two great moves last year, added a new scheme and had many injuries. Most important,
THERE WAS No OL AVAILABLE WHO FIT NEED, PRIORITY and BUDGET.

As a welcome present Fangio got Chubb, Ramsey and London with Cam Smith a 1st round talent CB to implement his scheme. In my view this was a top priority urgent need and believe Fangio will show us why after 4-6 games od meshing.
Which one of these moves should have been replaced by an OL and who was the OL? Not expecting an answer.

Achane is ranked as the 3rd best rookie RB this year by top fantasy analyst at CBS, PFF, etc. McD also loves the kid. What's not to love about a young, faster and healthy Mostert, who McD has done really well with. Can't wait to see him added in to our track team.
Who here expects so little as to say an OL or TE would have been better? Not expecting an answer.

For the first time in many a year I have confidence in those running the show for our Miami Dolphins. We should enjoy it.

Our team had little to work with for this off-season in draft picks and cap space. Yet, we add a top off ball LB which Fangio really needed and a top CB in FA along with A 1st round talent CB and a perfect fit McD RB for Mostert with only 4 picks. They continue to add pieces off available talent and are not done yet.

NFL and others rank top off seasons on results. I do so on results with what you had to work with. Our guys have done REALLY well.
I agree for the most part. I know we are all sensitive about the o line situation but I still feel like that should have been addressed more OVER THE YEARS. Not just this year. I understand we didn't have many picks this year but the two years we had multiple 1sts and 2nds... we should have addressed it more then. Anyway I know it's time to move on but moving forward, we really need better talented o linemen. Other than that the roster looks really really good!!

I agree for the most part. I know we are all sensitive about the o line situation but I still feel like that should have been addressed more OVER THE YEARS. Not just this year. I understand we didn't have many picks this year but the two years we had multiple 1sts and 2nds... we should have addressed it more then. Anyway I know it's time to move on but moving forward, we really need better talented o linemen. Other than that the roster looks really really good!!
You will get no argument from me other than I started fresh with McD last year and Fangio this year. Why bother with past years they were not here?
FWIW OTs next year look to be strong. This is one of many things which play in teams decisions.

Last edited:
he wasn’t Italian and messed with the wrong group of people.....he was a character thought lol

He may or may not be distant blood of mine. I clearly need to indicate my sarcasm more clearly.

Imagine if we had a cheap owner who refused to spend. Think of the teams that don't have the luxury we have. An owner willing to pay top dollar for the players his GM or Coach wants.
Just knowing we could be in on any player at anytime is just an amazing feeling.

That's not where an owner cheaps out. They have to be within a certain percentage of the cap each year.
Where owners can cheap out is with coaches and the staff, which there is evidence Ross may have been a culprit of over the last ten years or so.

Back
Top Bottom