Grier Ranked 20th Best GM by USA Today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier Ranked 20th Best GM by USA Today

In Shula's last 6 years, we won 2 division titles, had 4 playoff appearances. 3 playoff wins, averaged 10 wins a season, with 1 AFC title game appearance. Somewhat disappointing at the time... and light years beyond anything we've seen in Miami since.
Yep - and in reality the Bills dynasty just shut the door on us and everyone else for most of that time. We are usually the no 2 team in the AFC in a sense. A real shame because I thought we were good enough in ‘93 especially - to win a SB but then Marino went down and ‘94 we should have gotten there (not sure we beat SF). But yeah we were always right in there

BB is definitely overrated. There are 9 years of BB coaching without Brady.

3 winning seasons, 2 playoffs, 1 WC game win.

No arguing that he isn’t a great DC.

I am impressed with Howie Roseman of the Eagles.

The amount of resources Roseman spent to acquire Smith and Brown compared to the amount of resources Grier spent to acquire Waddle and Hill is astonishing.
Excellent point. Grier gave up a lot of resources for Waddle and Hill. Hopefully, those moves can help Miami win a championship.

BB at the top is hilarious. Getting exposed post-Brady in every way. Poor free agency spending and major draft reaches.

He’s no Erik Spoelstra. Never going to build another relevant squad without Brady at the helm.

We can’t just exclude the Tom Brady era from Belichick’s legacy. He’s won 6 Super Bowls. So yeah, he’s number one until he retires.

20 is about right for Grier. proof needs to be in the pudding, win us a freaking playoff game!
I do get that and see this as an important year for Grier. But he was essentially assigned to a major rebuild and, by all accounting, is at least on schedule.

But, really 15 to 20 is probably splitting hairs. So, we aren't far off.

I do get that and see this as an important year for Grier. But he was essentially assigned to a major rebuild and, by all accounting, is at least on schedule.

But, really 15 to 20 is probably splitting hairs. So, we aren't far off.

the rebuild is only successful though if it takes us to new heights (playoff wins, multiple playoff appearances) , otherwise Grier just tore us down to build us where we have been stuck at for years (just on the cusp).

For what it's worth, USA Today ranked all NFL GM's with Chris Grier coming in at number 20. I think that's low, but Miami has only made the playoffs once in Grier's seven seasons in the position with three winning seasons.

Bill Bellichick was given the top spot, which I definitely don't agree with. As a coach, sure but as GM?

The bottom line is winning, though. Hopefully, this year will move Grier up. Personally, considering the magnitude of the rebuild I think Grier is top half of the league, just outside of the top 10 (12ish).

Grier is 20th every year according to media. HMU am not a CG fan, but the man deserved a top ten or better rank this year. Belichick is a horrible GM. It’s more Mac Jones Patsie love.

Belichick on top makes it a joke. The Patriots have missed on so many top draft picks they had to pay a bunch of mediocre free agents massive deals last offseason to be a marginal team.

the rebuild is only successful though if it takes us to new heights (playoff wins, multiple playoff appearances) , otherwise Grier just tore us down to build us where we have been stuck at for years (just on the cusp).
Absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom