Griese and Simmons and Tolver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese and Simmons and Tolver

P4E

Cogito, Ergo FinFanum
Reaction score
With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
What are your thoughts...

Since Griese has spent more time working with the second team offense and may have at least a little timing down with Simmons and/or Tolver, does anyone see a possibility that one might get to play this week if Griese starts?

I could see one or the other coming in for a particular play or two that they're familiar with and have had in synch in practice.

Can't say that I'd mind seeing Simmons do some return work, either.

I would like to see Tolver in the game yes. It's a definite.

He and Tolver made some plays during pre-season if I am not mistaken.

Those two are not really known for speed.

Tolver is average speed guy. Catches and runs well though.

Simmons has good straight away speed, but can be chased down. He has nice moves though, that is where is he is excellent.

Originally posted by Jaj
Those two are not really known for speed.

Tolver is average speed guy. Catches and runs well though.

Simmons has good straight away speed, but can be chased down. He has nice moves though, that is where is he is excellent.

Have you ever seen Simmons run??

I'd like to see him catch a ball on a 50 yd fly pattern and get chased down!! :lol:

How much seperation would he have gotten? Sine but if you ask him to go for a hailmary I would seriously doubt he would do as well as McKnight or Chambers could. He is not as fast straightline.

I really wish they would give Tolver a shot, I really do. Like that fan, Price wrote about in his $16,000 article.. kid reminds you of Otis James(lol) McDuffie!

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
"Speed, Kills" - Madden

Tolver is a 4.55 guy at best, what are you talking about?

They really need to give Simmons a chance. He was a stud at NU, and I was really glad when the Fins drafted him, and was pretty excited when he made the roster this year. Why not try him as a KR? I don't see a problem with it. Not like we've got Dante Hall back there, how many years has it been since we've had a KR for a TD? With the offense struggling, I'm up for any kind of changes that could mean points on the board for us.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
What are your thoughts...

Since Griese has spent more time working with the second team offense and may have at least a little timing down with Simmons and/or Tolver, does anyone see a possibility that one might get to play this week if Griese starts?

I could see one or the other coming in for a particular play or two that they're familiar with and have had in synch in practice.

Can't say that I'd mind seeing Simmons do some return work, either.

Simmons is going to get some looks this week! On Special Teams, and a few plays on offense!

The coach said it himself, so its not me guessing!

Yeah Simmons is much closer to getting work than Tolver. JR showed some nice raw potential in preseason and during camp, but he is not to be trusted in his first year as a pro. The coaches wanna do with him what they did to Simmons, basically have him run the scout team a year so he learns the game and some polish. He'll be ready to contribute next year.

I think Simmons could infuse a little life into the offense if given the chance. He has the ability to make big plays.

Originally posted by Jaj
How much seperation would he have gotten? Sine but if you ask him to go for a hailmary I would seriously doubt he would do as well as McKnight or Chambers could. He is not as fast straightline.

Like i said, have you seen him run??

Back
Top Bottom