Griese/Fielder : My Opinion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese/Fielder : My Opinion

HelpForRicky

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well, it seems like everyone wants to post something regarding a QB controversy, so I thought I'd throw mine in the mix.

The bottom line is., Jay Fiedler is not capable of playing well enough to avoid a QB controversy under these circumstances. Jay will have his share of below adverage games. And everyone knows the day he has one bad game, everyone will call for his neck. So yes, a QB Contro will be talked about before the season is over. However, if Jay plays well......there will be no "real" controversy. Jay will start the season as the starter, and will remain that way until he screws up 3 or 4 weeks in a row.

Barring injury, I don't think that will happen. Everyone scoffs at whatshisnames (sorry) prediction that Fielder will be in the pro bowl this year. But, if you think about it, thats exactly where Jay was headed last year before he got hurt.

I think the Dolphins organization is and was being honest. They signed Brian Griese so we could have a backup capable of winning a superbowl. Jay will be the starter, and if healthy, Jay just might make the pro-bowl. But if Jay does go down, the entire organization has more faith this year that we can still win football games. Thats why we have Brian Griese.

good post....I don't think you will find many people that will debate anything you said here....all of it has pretty much been said before (sorry, no offense).

I would just like to add one thing, Jay is well aware that he must make it through this season healthy because at this point, even an injury would be unacceptable in favor of him returning to the Dolphins next year.....A healthy Jay Fiedler will not lose the starting job to Brian Griese...why?...because there's no way he'll have 3 or 4 bad games in a row...not if he's healthy.

Back
Top Bottom