Griese in Denver no easy ride | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese in Denver no easy ride

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing references to Griese falling off in Denver. One post even said he was surrounded by talent.

I think you need to do your research. When Griese started "falling off" Shannon Sharpe had been released, Macaffery and Smith were injured much of the time, as were many others, and the RB situation was chaos as Terrell Davis was in and out due to injury. Their pass blocking was horrible. Not to mention how old many of their players are getting. Remember people those Super Bowls were five years ago and those guys were at peak then.

The truth was that when he WAS surrounded by talent he went to the Pro Bowl and set the Bronco record for completion % in a season.

Griese didn't fall off, Denver fell off. And when he couldn't pull an Elway and carry the team on his shoulders, the fans, the media and then the team turned on him. After that who cared?

Griese won a national championship and went to the Pro Bowl. All that talent doesn't just go away. It is too early to be sure of anything except to say that Brian Griese had one good game against a rotten team. But there certainly is enough to feel hopeful about.

It wasn't too many years ago a cast off named Dilfer was bounced from other teams before he landed in Baltimore.

Or too long ago a too slow RB was run out of New Orleans

And a medicore RB was traded from Blatimore to Kansas City

Or some QBs named Favre and Young were not good enough to crack a start for their teams and were traded away.

I would never undersell talent. Brian Griese has talent.

Sounds like when he fell off, is the team he's surrounded by now. Will it be da ja vue....??

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Sounds like when he fell off, is the team he's surrounded by now. Will it be da ja vue....??

Who knows? What the heck's da ja vue????
Is it similar to deja vu??

Very good post and response to this myth about Griese being surrounded by talent in Denver.

You know which QB has been surrounded by talent and keeps getting more? That's right, Jay Fiedler, and what has he done with it? He took the #1 rushing and #3 defensive team right out of the playoffs. Now MDFINFAN will cry that Lucas lost four games for the Dolphins, but he fails to mention/remember that Fiedler lost the last two games only needing to win one of them. Great pressure quarterback. :rolleyes:

Fin-atic, I know you and I don't always agree. However, I agree 100% with this post of yours. Griese might fall flat on his face come sunday, but at least it will be on his own accord. This myth about him failing the most talented team ever needs to go away, hopefully he can make it with a strong performance and a win on Sunday. Great Post.

Back
Top Bottom