Griese | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese

Great passer. Smart, quick release, we've simply got to give him time to throw. Hes hit more big plays in 2 games than we've seen around here for ages.

I can sum it up in one sentence.......

When Griese drops back, I'm actually excited and filled with anticipation. :)

yay...no more mini-heartattacks!!!!

i just wish our o-line knew how to create a pocket

Originally posted by Muck
I can sum it up in one sentence.......

When Griese drops back, I'm actually excited and filled with anticipation. :)

Exactly. When Fiedler goes long(20+ is considered long for the low anount of deeps balls we connect with).. you hope that it doesn't get intercepted. Griese launches, you actually hope for the connection. Every drive with Griese, you just get that feeling like we really have a chance to do something.

Here's the wrap on Brian, not saying its right or wrong, but, we started the same way, with excitement, guy has some ability. Now I can tell you, he has a redzone problem, he makes bad decisions in the red zone, but the biggest wrap, (besides being fragile) is that he tries to do more than his ability alows. If you can keep him from imploding by himself, then you got a good QB. He likes to take failure rather hard as well. You can thank his Ol' Man for his head damage. Im still in wait and see. I said last year that a change in sceanry might be all he needs, but I still see him not protecting the ball at important moments.

Originally posted by SJ Bronco
Here's the wrap on Brian, not saying its right or wrong, but, we started the same way, with excitement, guy has some ability. Now I can tell you, he has a redzone problem, he makes bad decisions in the red zone, but the biggest wrap, (besides being fragile) is that he tries to do more than his ability alows. If you can keep him from imploding by himself, then you got a good QB. He likes to take failure rather hard as well. You can thank his Ol' Man for his head damage. Im still in wait and see. I said last year that a change in sceanry might be all he needs, but I still see him not protecting the ball at important moments.

yeah i like brian so far and i really always did like him at michigan, but im waiting for things to settle in and him to screw up against a good defense. i mean a good defense that can cover like tampa bay. or new england.

Originally posted by finfan54
im waiting for things to settle in and him to screw up against a good defense.

You mean like this?

"More opportunity for finger pointing followed as Norv Turner called three passing plays, the last of which Jay Fiedler scrambled but came up a few yards short of a first down. I liked the passing call on first down. New England stacked the line looking for a run and Miami looked to seize the opportunity to get out from under the shadow of their own goal posts. Problem was the play looked horrible. Fiedler tried to hit Chambers on a ten yard out, but it was covered a Fiedler threw a poor pass anyway. The second down call was curious. I think you have to give the ball to your horse at least once and see what he can do. Plus a run would at least force the Patriots to use a timeout. Instead another pass play where Terrell Buckley seemed to expect the square-in that Chris Chambers ran and knocked it down. Now you have to pass on third down, and yes you should pass. Going for the kill in the NFL is a must in my opinion, a little more on that later. Okay, so it’s a three and out…"

Naw...You couldn't mean like that. ;)

Originally posted by SJ Bronco

Impressed with his first 2 starts so far seeing as he hasn't had much time to get in sync with our recievers and what not .

Griese is a good pocket QB.
He has better than average play-action motion.
He is excellent at finding the TE in the middle of the field.
He is also very good at the intermediate sideline routes.
He seems to get better as the game continues.

His negatives are reparable...

1) He loses rhythm and tends to hold the ball too long.
2) He tends to drop back too deep on his 7 step drop. It leaves him outside the teardrop of the pocket and speed rushers on the outside have a better line to his backside. This lead to...
3) Fumbles

He is not mobile. This is not reparable.

Back
Top Bottom