Grounded Jet's, sleeping bison & division analysis. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grounded Jet's, sleeping bison & division analysis.

PHINZONER

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Fiddler has seemed to fallen and broke his fiddle. I am not gloating, not happy, and not wanting to rub it in, just finally a little at ease w/ the fact that it is not us for once. How the Jets will do will be very interesting. Jay said that he heard a pop and his arm just hung! What do you do when your insurance policy expires as soon as it is needed? I guess this was a pre-existing injury so the insurance did not want to cover it. Who will they bring in? (Testeverde/George/Couch/Kitna/Maddox/K Stewart/P Rivers/Davey) Hey I would give them Feeley for a 2nd round pick! Only thing there is he knows the playbook! What does this mean for their future? Will they be in the supposed Leinart running?

For that matter, what about our other rival in the Bills. It is interesting how all the talking heads gave a rookie for all intensive porposes, (JP)and his team(Bills) so much credit before the season, and just wrote off a qb(Gus)that has been to a probowl, and his multi talented wr corp. I said it all along that JP would struggle. I mean 75 passing yards! That is unbelievable and unacceptable. I never remember Drew failing that miserably. Bledsoe does not seem to have been the problem, he is lighting the league on fire. JP will improve, just not that much in his first year. He maybe really good in a year.... or two.... or three!

I am pleasantly surprised after the pre-season how well things are going on offense in Miami. I will admit, I wanted Gus here for quite sometime, but after the preseason I was concerned. He is starting to look like he did in Minny. We will have some ups and downs. Let's just hope it is far more ups than downs. We are improving and will soon have the beast back in the saddle. How much fun it will be to be on board for that ride! "The Ricky and Ronnie Show" is coming soon! Look at the situation we are in, it is no longer the Dave Wrongstadt error(I mean Era). We have 1 coach for like 2 players. Good coaches at that! Saban is delegating things to perfection!

The Pat's could be w/o Harrison for the rest of the season(ESPN radio)! That is really to bad. He is a great player that brings his A game every week. I will not be upset that he is not in the lineup come those 2 games, but it is really to bad. The Pat's seem to have lost a little of their edge w/ the departures of Wise and Romeo. That is a good thing, and that means that the division is wide open.

This may mean that with smart decisions and improving on the penalties, that the division winner could be anybody, even the cellar dweller from 04'. For the first time in years the Patsies are not a bonified lock! We really have to just get better against the pass and then watch out. I still am not ready to predict a division or a playoff birth, but I see the possibilities. Let's hope that we can avoid this injury bug that is hitting teams hard lately.

GO...... DOLPHINS!

Agreed with your assessment, with the exception of Rodney Harrison. He lays out people with his cheap and illegal hits each and every week. If there's anyone in the NFL that deserves a season ending injury it is him. Karma is a ***** Rodney.

i agree with everything you said as well, and i know its wrong to wish injury on anyone, but i can't help getting a smile on my face when i saw rodney harrisons knee bending the way it was not intended to bend yesterday.

To add to that analysis:

The Bills lost Takeo Spikes for the rest of the season. He was a monster at stopping the run, that'll hurt them.

The Pats also lost Matt Light on the o-line and their backup seemed very tentative. I imagine they will keep someone in to help him, which will cut Brady's options...

The division is indeed wide open... Bye week, then, go up to Buffalo, where we hope for a win, then, Ricky comes back.. if we are 3-1 when Ricky comes back, that'll scare some people into believing the hype!

Another interesting season of NFL Football! NICE!

Samphin said:
You are wrong about Feeley though. He doesn't know our playbook at all. :lol:

Billy Jo Hobert flashback...

Semedi said:
Agreed with your assessment, with the exception of Rodney Harrison. He lays out people with his cheap and illegal hits each and every week. If there's anyone in the NFL that deserves a season ending injury it is him. Karma is a ***** Rodney.

again... this is just goofy... that stuff was years ago when he was younger... Rodney Harrison has matured quite a bit since coming to new england.... he is still aggressive, but not dirty... document for me a recent "dirty" hit by Harrison

we'd all be very happy to have a play-making leader at safety in Miami...

Back
Top Bottom