Gruden on Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gruden on Williams

MonkeyDog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry if already posted. Let the niners have Rodgers. We get the next franchise.

Buccaneers | Gruden Enamored by USC's Williams - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:38:06 -0800
Updating a previous report, Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/35/nfl">Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden has become enamored by USC's WR Mike Williams. "I love him as a prospect," Gruden said. "If you like Shaquille O'Neal, if you like power forwards that can run the floor and shoot and dunk it and make big plays, you like this guy. He's got a flair about play-making. The guy dominates the Pac-10 as a true freshman and sophomore on a national championship team. This guy is a freak physically. He's 6 feet 5 and 230 pounds with a 38-inch vertical jump. You cover him." The Buccaneers hold the No. 5 overall selection in the first round.

Saban4prez said:
what does this have to do with miami?

Thats right we're set on offense. And besides we have to use the 2nd pick on Ronnie Brown, (you know all the paid experts). What could Miami possibly do with a big time player at receiver.

that article says nothing about miami wanting williams.

Anyone else notice Gruden is "amazed" by a different guy almost every day??? Who knows wo he is really after??????

Anyone else notice Gruden is "amazed" by a different guy almost every day??? Who knows wo he is really after??????

Ya know, i'd say this is a draft strategy, but i really just think hes losing his mind.

DBoston80 said:

Yeah I've realized that, a little while back he "fell in love" with Caddy...

He is trying to do what Saban was doing. Except he is coming up with crap left right and centre. First he's high on Caddy at the Bowl, then he raves about Ronnie's hands and now he's all over MW. He's just trying to make teams not know what he is going to do except no-one is buying anything he is saying, Saban made everyone not know who he is going to take by not saying anything to anyone.

Saban4prez said:
that article says nothing about miami wanting williams.

You might have a point. I've been on draft overload, I'm done speculating. I'm locked in on Mike Williams and I trust the boss anyways. So this will be my last post on the subject until after the draft. Thanks for the wake up call.

He is trying to do what Saban was doing. Except he is coming up with crap left right and centre. First he's high on Caddy at the Bowl, then he raves about Ronnie's hands and now he's all over MW. He's just trying to make teams not know what he is going to do except no-one is buying anything he is saying, Saban made everyone not know who he is going to take by not saying anything to anyone.

No i have no idea who he wants really. I do know that we pick before him though. so its really not our problem.

Saban4Prez i've been looking at what you post of late, especially in the threads I write in and I remember another poster saying this also....

All you do is quote people and then write one line or one sentence never really saying anything constructive.

Any explanation for this...

Saban4Prez i've been looking at what you post of late, especially in the threads I write in and I remember another poster saying this also....

All you do is quote people and then write one line or one sentence never really saying anything constructive.

sure but i suppose you're question forces me to prove you right now doesn't it?

No I remember someone posting the same thing about him that I was just noticing and looked around in some old threads over the pages and found that all he does is do the same thing over and over again getting his posts up.

Dolfan2788 said:

Do people need to write 8 long paragraphs in a post? I don't understand, you get your point across and thats what matters.

Back
Top Bottom