Guess who has the #1 pass defense in the AFC. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess who has the #1 pass defense in the AFC.

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
New England.

And who are they playing this weekend?

Yep! That's right, Bills' fans...

... given the tailspin the Patsies have been in and all the SMACK revolving around Bledsoe... look for New England to turn things around in a big way and for your team to lose at home on Sunday.

"The wheel are going to be coming off this imposter... soon."

4 victories against 2 or 3 win teams and...

1 victory against a Miami team missing its #1 QB and BOTH of its #1 WRs (like to see how close the Bills stay in games played without Bledsoe, Moulds AND Price).

Anybody else notice how the league's leading passer (in yards), Gannon, along with the likes of Tim Brown and Jerry Rice and all ended up on the short end of a 20-10 contest with KC?

Interesting if you compare that score to our loss against the Bills (23-10) where we played WITHOUT all those benefits.

Any Bills' fans STILL want to talk about how "great" and impressive your win against us was?

Talk to me! (Especially after the first of your four wheels comes off on Sunday against NE.)

Do you think the fact NE gives up 142 rushing yards per game (29th in the league) has anything to do with the passing yards allowed.

Why throw on them when running has been so easy.

I'm hoping that if Henry can run against the fins D,maybe we can run at the Pats at will.

Originally posted by justafan
I'm hoping that if Henry can run against the fins D,maybe we can run at the Pats at will.

It's possible that the Bills could run on the Pats considering they did a good job in Miami, You guys don't want to have to rely on the passing game alone.
You understand that I'm in the NE camp this weekend considering the Bills are pushing the Fins for the division lead. ;)

Good luck this Sunday but not too much luck.

Hmmm...

Originally posted by RobertHoover
Do you think the fact NE gives up 142 rushing yards per game (29th in the league) has anything to do with the passing yards allowed.

Why throw on them when running has been so easy.

So what seperates a run defense allowing 142 yard/game from one ranked in the top five? About 40-50 yards per game.

To me, that seems like a gap that is MUCH easier for NE to cover than the 100-150 or so yards LESS yards that Blesdoe may end up throwing for.

You REALLY think it'll be all that easy to run on New England? If so then, hey, good luck! Go for it!

Still, I think my point is valid. Your STRENGTH is passing. THEIR strength is defending the pass. Anyone should be able to see that it MAY pose a "little problem".

If Bledsoe lights up the Patriots' D for 300+ and 2 or more TD's... I'll eat my words.

If not... hmmm....

But 81, when we played you your strenth on D was stopping the run and TH ran for 132 yards. The Bills O has adapted when it's had to so far. Hopefully we do sunday.

And 40-50 yards on the ground is a huge amount.

Originally posted by Hellion
It's possible that the Bills could run on the Pats considering they did a good job in Miami, You guys don't want to have to rely on the passing game alone.
You understand that I'm in the NE camp this weekend considering the Bills are pushing the Fins for the division lead. ;)

Good luck this Sunday but not too much luck.

Same here. Despite being a bills fan, I've had the utmost respect for Zach Thomas. People like to think Fiedler is the backbone of this team but I say Zach is, just like Seau is to SD. Good luck as well. You'll need it badly.

Buffalo is due to stumble and N.E. should want to go after Bledsoe big time so people stop questioning the "trade" New England wins even though they are a 3 point dog. With any luck the Bills not only lose but come out of the game with several key injuries. Let's see how they play without some vital starters. Not very well I'd assume.

Originally posted by BSQX4
With any luck the Bills not only lose but come out of the game with several key injuries.

Well if that doesn't make you sound like an asshole I'm not sure what would.

Lets hope for injuries. Classless

BDQX , seems like you're wishing for injuries for the bills.

Words of desperation. I don't think a lot of finfans would agree with that statement BSQx.

I think it will be harder to run against the Pats for 132 yards, because when they are on O, they will probably keep the ball quite a bit longer than our "Lucas lead" offense could.
Besides that,I have always believed that it is better for a team to play with their strengths as opposed to the other teams weaknesses.The Bills strength is in their passing game.You don't want to get out of playing "your game".IMO,that is one reason the Dolphins lost to KC.I think we should have pounded Ricky more that game.

Oh, one more thing.Although I will be rooting for the Pats, I still feel the Bills are underrated, and can win this one.

Back
Top Bottom