Guessing Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guessing Game

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Ok, what team won one preseason game and ended up going to the Superbowl in the early 90s? This team also went 2-3 in the other preseasons in which they ended up in the Superbowl.

The Cowboys....

Point is this... the preseason MEANS NOTHING! LMAO

Also, this just in from 06...

The PERFECT SEASON TEAM went 3-3.... and we all know what happened that season!

Oddsmakers believe the Dolphins have a better chance of winning Super Bowl XXXVII than the defending world champions. After opening at 15-to-1 at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, the Dolphins are now 10-to-1 following the offseason acquisition of tailback Ricky Williams.

*cough* Goes to show you once again, the preseason means SQUAT!

Last year ended up going 1-3
Loss to Vikings 20-7 .............When real season started we ended up 11-5 ......Yeah the playoffs were dissapointed but point is you can't take preseason too seriusly...Is more for talents evaluations than anything else and to correct mistakes................

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Ok, what team won one preseason game and ended up going to the Superbowl in the early 90s? This team also went 2-3 in the other preseasons in which they ended up in the Superbowl.

The Cowboys....

Point is this... the preseason MEANS NOTHING! LMAO

And who were there coordinaters?......Wanny and Norv

I think the only reason why the recent Super Bowl Champs (NE, Balt. and ST.L.) had success in the pre-season is because they all sucked the year before. When teams are coming off suck years it seems like coaches like to establish a winning attitude in the pre-season. But when teams are coming off good seasons the pre-season can be ugly. Remember Marv Levy's Bills. I can remember thinking "oh good the Bills are gonna suck this year they've looked terrible in pre-season." I can remember one situation inparticular on a Labor day where they came out and spanked the then LA Rams like 40 or 44 to 7.

Back
Top Bottom