Guys and Gals | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys and Gals

He is definitely on the small side, relative to the average NFL QB. I dont think many would argue that. Fitz is 6'2", probably 2.5" taller, and I would guess 25 lbs heavier.

I think it's possible for any size (within reason, I doubt a "dwarf" makes it) to be sucessful.

The whole size thing was beaten to death before the draft. All angles of debate have been covered.

No point in rehashing. The draft is long past. How big Tua is or isn't is not relevant anymore.
The next NFL star:

1606178047672.png

The defensive issue with the pulling linemen should be easy to address. So easy, in fact, I do wonder why it wasn't done on the fly.

Offensively is another story.

Either our line gels, or we will not be good. The more film DCs get on Tua and the "O", the worse it will be if he doesn't have time. He took some bonehead sacks, but there were too many of them that he really had no chance to do anything.
Mach, I said this earlier, I have no problem starting off with a game plan, but if that game plan is failing, then it’s time to change things up. They were throwing the kitchen sink at Tua and Fangio must have been giddy that someone finally rocked Tua’s boat. With that said I would have dumbed it down and went mass protect and relied on Tua’s accuracy being we don’t have WRs who don’t separate. The big strength is his accuracy I would have relied on it the second half. I’m afraid we should see more mass protect this season, but not sure if we actually will. It’s all we got right now offensively

Steve young
Steve Young was 6’2 and weighed 220. Some of these guys played when you still had MLB that weighed 220 and DL that weighed less than 300

These guys are bigger, faster and stronger than the days of Young and most certainly Tarkenton. Also both of those guys had wheels that Tua does not possess.

Steve Young was 6’2 and weighed 220. Some of these guys played when you still had MLB that weighed 220 and DL that weighed less than 300

These guys are bigger, faster and stronger than the days of Young and most certainly Tarkenton. Also both of those guys had wheels that Tua does not possess.
Steve Young was 6'2"? I never knew that

Some of you...fans...are crazy. The team wasn’t supposed to be great this year. Yet we are 6-4 after week 11 when we were 2-8 at the same point last year. Tua will play out his rookie contract in Miami. There is zero chance we draft a QB day 1 in 2021. Zero. You don’t set the team back another year, or more, by failing to surround Tua with talent. The idea that you keep drafting QBs every year and give them partial year tryouts before moving on is mind boggling. That sounds like a recipe for a franchise that has struggled for 2 decades to add another decade or two of mediocrity to the record.

Mach, I said this earlier, I have no problem starting off with a game plan, but if that game plan is failing, then it’s time to change things up. They were throwing the kitchen sink at Tua and Fangio must have been giddy that someone finally rocked Tua’s boat. With that said I would have dumbed it down and went mass protect and relied on Tua’s accuracy being we don’t have WRs who don’t separate. The big strength is his accuracy I would have relied on it the second half. I’m afraid we should see more mass protect this season, but not sure if we actually will. It’s all we got right now offensively
They need to start running pick plays against man press. That will create separation and let Tua get the ball put quick against the pressure. That will back then off.

Steve Young was 6'0 here he is next to Favre who is actually 6'2.

steve-young-brett-favre-1998_a-G-13884430-0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom