Guys just enjoy the big win at New England | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys just enjoy the big win at New England

Just two years ago, we had the worst squad in the entire league. Can't believe how far we've come in such a short time, and with such a young team. The future is bright.
Brady's last reg season game as a Patriot shall always be remembered. That pick six and his look of sad futility will warm my heart forever. Fitz will always get some love for that game alone.

All I know is if we put forth that same effort every week we aren't more than a 8 or 9 win team.

In the end only the win matters, but if we put up 16 more games like that one we will struggle to have a winning record this year.

New England really did lose the game more than we won it.

Some of you wanted to trade Parker and X. Only reasons we won today.
Enjoy - LOL

You think NE would gladly take this "ugly" win that some seem to have a problem with?
Hell you think any of the teams that lost today would have a problem exchanging their "pretty" losses withour "ugly" win?

This is the NFL you go into another teams house in wk1 and pull out a victory and some don't like it?

Agreed.

This is exactly the type of game that should unite and bring joy to all of Finheaven.

Us fans are happy with a divisional road win against a quality team and a HOF coach.

Tua detractors should be happy with the win and they get to complain about Tua all week. What’s not to love about this game for them?

Not as pretty as I would of liked however big win. Few plays kept this from being a bigger win.

1. that be roughing the passer which gave NE their TD gave them extra points. I don’t see how that was a penalty at all…

2. Drops. While he played great Waddle had a crucial drop on 3rd down which would of got us another 3 points atleast. Parker had another drop that would of got us 3 points as well although that was a much harder contested catch. Think Gesicki had one as well when he was wide open up the seam.

3. Fantastic play by NE db. Tua had a perfect pass to Wilson for TD but the defender just made a perfect play to get a hand on it.

That’s the way football goes but easily could of been a 10+ win if a few more things go our way. Obviously we all wanted Tua to throw for 2 more tds and a hundred more yards with no int in a blowout win but I’m happy with the win. 1st place in the division after beating a team that probably has the best home record over the last 20 years or so is a huge win.
Your '#3' there: I looked at that play to break up Wilson's TD attempt as 'he wasnt really open'. The db was close enough to knock it away just running in stride. If the ball had come out sooner and led Wilson a tad more a catch was possible but still not easy. Wilson seemed like he was gliding towards the ball but no extra burst, and the db was right there without killin himself to be there, either.

Just to play devil's advocate here, let's be honest.

If the Dolphins would've held the Pats to 260 yards of total offense, out gained the Pats by 140 yards, held the ball for 13 minutes longer than the Pats, had 8 more first downs than the Pats did, went 11-16 on third down conversions, had to settle for a few field goals in the Red Zone or close to it, had 8 penalties, and lost on a fumble while driving inside the 35 with 3 minutes or so to play, every single one of us, myself included, would be crying that we outplayed the Pats and should've won the game, but we "beat ourselves".
Nope…they’d just blame Tua for not being a closer.

What impressed me the most was that we didn’t crumble mentally under pressure. For the past many years (pre Flores) we were soft under pressure in crucial moments especially at the end of games defensively. This was different. We can build on it.

Agreed.

This is exactly the type of game that should unite and bring joy to all of Finheaven.

Us fans are happy with a divisional road win against a quality team and a HOF coach.

Tua detractors should be happy with the win and they get to complain about Tua all week. What’s not to love about this game for them?
I don't think Tua was a cause for concern from this game.

What's not to love is the performance of both of our lines and the lack of our Defense's ability to get off the field on 3rd down. If we don't get better in those areas we're going to lose more games than we'll win this year.

How do we even know the Pats are a "quality" team this year? We have a one game sample size. I'm done getting excited when we get outplayed but luckily squeak by teams we should beat. That's a mindset we should have if we have low expectations.

I'm happy we won, but there's no denying we need to improve greatly if we want to make the playoffs. One thing I must say though, is it was very exciting that when we needed a few first downs to run out the clock, we executed when it mattered. That was great to see.

Again, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. We can enjoy the win but still realize the opportunities we have to get better. I guarantee you that's what Flores is doing.

Your '#3' there: I looked at that play to break up Wilson's TD attempt as 'he wasnt really open'. The db was close enough to knock it away just running in stride. If the ball had come out sooner and led Wilson a tad more a catch was possible but still not easy. Wilson seemed like he was gliding towards the ball but no extra burst, and the db was right there without killin himself to be there, either.

yeah I suppose he could of got it out sooner but probably about 90% of the time that’s a TD. It was a great play but NE defender

Agreed.

Miss you in the Lounge bro. Hope everything is ok with you.

New England is 16-4 on week 1 since 2001...well 16-5 now. Beating them was no easy task even without Brady Bill Belichick is kinda good at coaching defense. His defense held the Ram's #2 offense to 3 points in the SB and the GSOT Rams with HOF multiple HOF talent on offense to 17 points in 2001. I'm going to enjoy this win just like I enjoyed my 1st time with a lady. Maybe it wasn't pretty but it felt nice.

& his DC was some scrub /s

What impressed me the most was that we didn’t crumble mentally under pressure. For the past many years (pre Flores) we were soft under pressure in crucial moments especially at the end of games defensively. This was different. We can build on it.

Excellent point.

Another thing that no one seems to be pointing out is that, this is a BB team that had 2 weeks to prepare.

Back
Top Bottom