Guys like this make me wish I was a recruiter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys like this make me wish I was a recruiter

These kids are awfully small to be BCS level recruits. The kid from Kentucky is 5-7 and 155 lbs. You'e looking at 5-7 180 or 185 lbs by the time he's a junior in college. Kids like that usually just have to walk on and earn their scholly. Hell, U of L has a freshman on the team that NEVER played a down of high school football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...uhl-football-recruiting-louisville/index.html

Except the 5'7" and 163 lbs kid is literally the fastest (among tens of thousands) kid NUC has ever tested, and the other one I brought up had 4.4 speed with 40 inch jumping ability as a freaking 11th grader. Within two years both players would be at playing weights you see all the time in BCS programs.

As for the third guy I brought up Chris Lee, there's no size problem there whatsoever.

Except the 5'7" and 163 lbs kid is literally the fastest (among tens of thousands) kid NUC has ever tested, and the other one I brought up had 4.4 speed with 40 inch jumping ability as a freaking 11th grader. Within two years both players would be at playing weights you see all the time in BCS programs.

As for the third guy I brought up Chris Lee, there's no size problem there whatsoever.

My bad CK. Enjoy your HS sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares. Hes still a KID!!!!!!!! Let me know when he makes it to the league and actually does something. Or at least when he actually PERFORMS at a strong level in D1.

This is the problem these days. TOO MANY people are way too OBSESSED with these kids. They are too young to matter at this point. None of them have made an impact on anything. Yet people oogle over them and annoint them to be something before they have ever wiped their own ass. Its unreal. Its unhealthy is what it is.

You know, college football wouldnt make so much money if so many people didnt care way more than they should. If these programs didnt rake in so much money, Penn St never wouldve happened.

Its sick to watch HS games on ESPN now in basketball and football. Reports now on EVERY recruiting class. Bunch of BS. Most of the guys they rank as these top recruits never do ****. Point is, you simply dont know how good a player is until he becomes a GROWN MAN and starts playing against other grown men on a top level like division 1.

Stop sweating kids so much. Oh this team has the best recruiting class ever and this team and that team. How the hell does anyone know? There is such a huge difference in level of competition that these kids play against in HS that its hard to tell. But, most importantly, these kids are nowhere near developed mentally and physically. There is simply no way to say who will be a legit talent at the top level when they are 15 and 16 year old kids. They have a lot of growing up to do.

Every year every god damn team in the country has some report out saying their recruiting class is top 5 or top 10 or whatever. Who cares. Lets see them actually play against other D1 talent and then we will see for sure who had the best recruiting class. From the looks of it you could just say about 5 or 6 SEC teams had the best recruiting class each year.

Park ain't gonna hold that one...

I understand that but when the kids put on their D-1 weight, are they still going to be that fast and shifty? That's what coaches have to decide. I'm guessing for every Noel Devine that makes an impact for a BCS level program there's probably a dozen other kids that end up in the lower levels.

I understand that but when the kids put on their D-1 weight, are they still going to be that fast and shifty? That's what coaches have to decide. I'm guessing for every Noel Devine that makes an impact for a BCS level program there's probably a dozen other kids that end up in the lower levels.

I have the Combine data at my disposal for over 3000 of these kids and I can tell you that the kids I'm bringing up ain't normal.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Who cares. Hes still a KID!!!!!!!! Let me know when he makes it to the league and actually does something. Or at least when he actually PERFORMS at a strong level in D1.

This is the problem these days. TOO MANY people are way too OBSESSED with these kids. They are too young to matter at this point. None of them have made an impact on anything. Yet people oogle over them and annoint them to be something before they have ever wiped their own ass. Its unreal. Its unhealthy is what it is.

You know, college football wouldnt make so much money if so many people didnt care way more than they should. If these programs didnt rake in so much money, Penn St never wouldve happened.

Its sick to watch HS games on ESPN now in basketball and football. Reports now on EVERY recruiting class. Bunch of BS. Most of the guys they rank as these top recruits never do ****. Point is, you simply dont know how good a player is until he becomes a GROWN MAN and starts playing against other grown men on a top level like division 1.

Stop sweating kids so much. Oh this team has the best recruiting class ever and this team and that team. How the hell does anyone know? There is such a huge difference in level of competition that these kids play against in HS that its hard to tell. But, most importantly, these kids are nowhere near developed mentally and physically. There is simply no way to say who will be a legit talent at the top level when they are 15 and 16 year old kids. They have a lot of growing up to do.

Every year every god damn team in the country has some report out saying their recruiting class is top 5 or top 10 or whatever. Who cares. Lets see them actually play against other D1 talent and then we will see for sure who had the best recruiting class. From the looks of it you could just say about 5 or 6 SEC teams had the best recruiting class each year.

Simple solution. Get out of the thread.

It's funny but, I could go on the exact same rant raising the exact same point about the Draft and NFL football in general, how it doesn't matter and people are way too obsessed. Oh, but that's something you like, so I guess not, eh?

LOL.

Sounds like a tweener..great speed tho and production.. not familiar with high school stats and such but you would think he would be on some bigger schools radars. If he can take the punishment i would envision him in an urban meyer type offense...

The difference being Devine played 6A whereas this kid plays 2A. Competition makes a big difference.

Another kid that probably should have been recruited better...TE Alex Leslie of New Braunfels, TX. He's 6'5" and 212 lbs, ran a 4.66 with a 28 inch vert, 8'4" broad jump. He's committed to Iowa State, a program I've been liking more and more over recent years. But his other offers were not very good. Rivals has him as a 2-star.

[video=youtube;VB3ytU4Ix8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB3ytU4Ix8U[/video]

I also like TE Zach Poker of Oconomowoc WI. He's 6'4" and 215 lbs, runs a 4.72, 30.5 inch vert, 9'2" broad jump and already has a lot of weight room prowess for how young he is. Not being recruited heavily. A little more stiff than Leslie and not the same caliber with the ball in air, but stronger and more of a blocker, also clearly has speed.

[video=youtube;yeVb0d1fBhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeVb0d1fBhw[/video]

TE Mario Elliott of Park Hill in Kansas City, MO...another raw athlete.

Most of these kids when you get down around the 2A level are playing both ways on offense and defense. That's not the case when up around 5A, 6A, etc.

Sometimes parents have to get video of their kid out there to get 'em noticed in the recruiting process. I did it for my son so he could get in with the coaching staff at Jacksonville St. and a chance to walk-on....I'm still paying for his college by the way.

We had to do the same thing for our kicker who was one of the best kickers in the state.... we wouldn't have went undefeated and won the state title without his clutch kicks.

We sent video of him nailing kicks in practice up to 60 yards, and from both hashes. The hash marks in high school are wider than in college or the NFL and makes for a tougher angle.

[video=youtube;jHQCDwHfXdo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQCDwHfXdo&feature=relmfu[/video]

The difference being Devine played 6A whereas this kid plays 2A. Competition makes a big difference.

That may be true but he was still smaller than the average RB. The class he plays in wouldn't have changed that.

High school recruiting = big haystack with lots of needles. It's rewarding in that if you work hard enough and catch some breaks, you can probably find some good players that are really under-recognized.

That may be true but he was still smaller than the average RB. The class he plays in wouldn't have changed that.

What it does change, is the level of defenses they're playing. At 2A, if you're fast, you're good to go. You can easily run circles around most defenses you play. Just look at BJ Knauf who also played at the 2A level and was arguably the fastest player in the state last year. 5'10" 173, and his offers were Purdue, Western Kentucky, and Western Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom