Guys we gave up on too soon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys we gave up on too soon

Miami ended up keeping three backs in 2015 Ajayi, Lamar Miller and Damien Williams. I could see why he didn't make the roster. I think 2019 was the first year anyone would have rated him higher than the other three. I think Miami had Mike Gillislie in camp too at the time and he ended up having a couple of decent moments with the Patriots, Bills and Giants.

I can understand where the other three RBs ranked (though I thought Ajayi was hurt much of the early year) but we didn't even really give Mostert much of a shot as a returner either. For me I was just frustrated at the time because it seems like Miami did a lot of that bottom of the roster churning in those years, yet when we did bring guys in it seems like we rarely gave them adequate chance to made good on their flyer. I didn't know Mostert would develop into a great RB for even half a season, I just knew he could help in the return game if nothing else. Thing is, he had two returns for us with a 28.5 yard average...that's not bad so it's not like he completely flamed. We just decided we didn't want him anyway.

Some of you younger guys may not remember or even know of him, but for me getting rid of Norman Hand was very tough, with how dominant a DT he became for the Chargers.

I know the name but never knew he was a Dolphin. One DT we got rid of was Kevin Vickerson...not a dominant career but he was a pick of ours that was making real waves as a rookie before getting cut block and tearing his ACL in the preseason. We cast him aside and he ended up having a fairly long career. When you cast aside a guy on a rookie contract who carves out a ten year career in the league you did something wrong.

Some of you younger guys may not remember or even know of him, but for me getting rid of Norman Hand was very tough, with how dominant a DT he became for the Chargers.
I remember Big Norman Hand. He turned out to be a very capable player. I was stumped for names, my age is catching up to me.

When you live in a desert, like the Dolphins have for the past 20 years, spilled milk is something you remember and cry over.

Eventually Apathy sets in. Because stupid stuff becomes the norm.

In 2020, my only issue would be Cody Whitehair in the draft. As much as this board loves X, Whitehair has been a steady staple in his job. And he has played at a consistently high level.

As a inside out believer who dislike Tannehill, I always advocated giving him a oline. Not 30+ something FAs, but some young bulls.

Minkah Fitzpatrick..I know he wanted out of Miami but I sure wish Fitzpatrick and Flores could have worked things out. Because I think if he stays healthy, Fitzpatrick will be an all pro safety for several years to come.
.... with a "me first" attitude who says he wants to be part of the solution then crawfishes back to get what he wants ... a market to sell his wares on a winning team .... selfish ... IMO....

This is not the type of player/person I would want to center a rebuild around ... too much at stake ... don't have time for selfish shenanigans (that right there means secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering. ).... no thanks ...

Eventually Apathy sets in. Because stupid stuff becomes the norm.

In 2020, my only issue would be Cody Whitehair in the draft. As much as this board loves X, Whitehair has been a steady staple in his job. And he has played at a consistently high level.

As a inside out believer who dislike Tannehill, I always advocated giving him a oline. Not 30+ something FAs, but some young bulls.

I didn't know Cody Whitehair was a Dolphin that we gave up on too soon ...

Back
Top Bottom