Guys we gave up on too soon | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys we gave up on too soon

Hall of famers we gave up on:
Drew Brees (draft. and Free Agency)
Anthony Carter (traded him)
Joe theisMAN traded. him
over
Others still. playing: Matt Ryan, Jarvis Landry, Damian Williams

Others not playing: Ninkovich, that special teams LB Larry Izzo, Welker, Incognito (over Martin. scandal)

I seem to remember a guard who went on to be a probowler, but I can't pin the name down.

I knew someone was going to say this. Billy Turner is NOT a serviceable guard. He was a horsesh*t lineman who along with Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas (the turnstile triplets) who was way overdrafted because of his supposed "upside" As far as him being "serviceable" in Green Bay, that's a misnomer. He's probably the worst guy on that unit. He looks much better than what he is due to playing with other linemen like Bakhtiari.

I really hope we don't give up on Michael Deiter too soon. He got off to a rocky start but I see him projecting as being better than guys like Hunt or Kindley. I've said many times on this forum that he will be this year's Mike Gesicki... most improved player

I haven't watched post-Dolphin Billy Turner, but I did a double-take when I saw the Packers were going to pay him, what was it, about 7 million a year? He's clearly had at least one good season, which is pretty surprising, really

I mean it's really more about how Jackson does as that the primary player we got for trading him right?
True. However I don't see Jackson being another Leremy Tunsil. And that's who he would have to be to justify that trade.

Hall of famers we gave up on:
Drew Brees (draft. and Free Agency)
Anthony Carter (traded him)
Joe theisMAN traded. him
over
Others still. playing: Matt Ryan, Jarvis Landry, Damian Williams

Others not playing: Ninkovich, that special teams LB Larry Izzo, Welker, Incognito (over Martin. scandal)

Anthony got traded because he would have been 4th receiver after Mark brothers and Nat Moore and he would not get much playing time and Dolphins needed help on defense so Dolphins traded Anthony to get some help on defense

True. However I don't see Jackson being another Leremy Tunsil. And that's who he would have to be to justify that trade.
I'm no football coach. But, when an employee voiced they didn't want to be here, I always granted them their wish. Keeping someone that is sour on your organization is very bad for morale. Sad to see him gone talent wise but better for us in the long run. He wasn't;t a Flores guy anyways and clearly all safeties hate Gase lol.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we got two ones and a 2nd for Tunsil so the sum of those picks would have to be better than Tunsil right?

I disagree. Minkah was the 11th pick in the draft. And was very good at FS. Flores tried to use him at every position on defense making him ineffective. He is now an All-Pro FS in Pittsburgh.
Ehhh.... a true team first player would do what the coach is wanting to try to improve the team

He wanted to move Minkah around because he was one of our best players.... wanted that chess piece. Maybe he was mad Bobby McCain had “his” spot. But he should’ve realized that wasn’t going to last forever. I agree though, wish we could’ve just left him at safety

And lo and behold - after this season is over Minkah is telling the Steelers he wants to move around the defense. That’s telling imo, he got scared off after those two big losses and wanted out. That’s bitch made

Ehhh.... a true team first player would do what the coach is wanting to try to improve the team

He wanted to move Minkah around because he was one of our best players.... wanted that chess piece. Maybe he was mad Bobby McCain had “his” spot. But he should’ve realized that wasn’t going to last forever. I agree though, wish we could’ve just left him at safety

And lo and behold - after this season is over Minkah is telling the Steelers he wants to move around the defense. That’s telling imo, he got scared off after those two big losses and wanted out. That’s bitch made
Your last point is a BIG reason he wanted out. He like most people would, felt that him being misused and the team getting blown out, that the coaches were clueless.

Yeah if we can't have a guy whose happy when we're losing 102-10 our first two games, that's not a guy I want here. Especially since he didn't appreciate that we shipped our our offensive line centerpiece before the season...wait I forgot how that was supposed to make sense. After we did nothing but draft lesser versions of the players we traded away with those picks, I still don't understand the wisdom.

Back
Top Bottom