H. Taylor and Searcy gone today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

H. Taylor and Searcy gone today

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
Hotwire is reporting that H. Taylor is gond today unless they can trade him, and Searcy will have an injury settlement today with Leon Searcy.

Guess Grant is gonna hold onto to his spot after all. Let's hope he learns to use leverage as well as his strength to play the run.

Only way Grant stays IMO is if we keep 5 DTs or Romero gets hurt.

Wow Muck, you think Romero has made the team with pitiful performance against the Bears? He was blasted the whole game and IMO looked far worse than Grant or Taylor has all pre-season.

I think Romero is terrible and prob won't even get signed by another team unless they have an injury.

Rick Speilman likes him (Romero). And they're not shopping Grant for the fun of it. Romero looked better in the past month than Grant and Taylor did. Taylor's problem is Rob Burnett and Jay Williams. Otherwise he might have had a chance as a 3rd down DT.

Also, you think Grant and Taylor looked better than Romero against the Bears?? No way. They all looked bad. Speilman said he thought it was due to exhaustion.

It's so funny how expectations, and player's talent potential change from week to week in the preseason.

So now, H.Taylor, Romero, R. Green, L. Henry, and many others similar can not play.

Just a few short weeks ago, when we were in the midst of one of the 200 or so, QB camps, some of these "up and coming, good looking" new guys, were that talk of all the boards.

Everyone, myself included, was hailing some of these guys as
"mortal locks" to make the 53, or at the very least, the PS.

Just goes to show ya, that we don't know as much as we seem to think we do! :lol

Originally posted by Muck
Rick Speilman likes him (Romero). And they're not shopping Grant for the fun of it. Romero looked better in the past month than Grant and Taylor did. Taylor's problem is Rob Burnett and Jay Williams. Otherwise he might have had a chance as a 3rd down DT.

Also, you think Grant and Taylor looked better than Romero against the Bears?? No way. They all looked bad. Speilman said he thought it was due to exhaustion.

yeah i know this is there thinking, so here we go relying on two injured Vets. rob burnett sucked the other night. for a guy who had the whole frigin preseason off basically, he looked like a whimp. no burst or persisitence. i think we will pay for not keeping Taylor and staying with two vets with injury probs. now we are loaded at DE and nothing at DT. here is my prediction. Timbo will be injured by week 5 and out for a couple of games. Larry Chester will be injured by week 6 and he could be done for the season. then we will be looking at Earnest"show me a play for once" Grant! were done its over people! we will have the same defense as last year which will be hurt and banged up and just getting by by week 12 just in time for the december swoon! hey are we keeping twan russell? sure we are ! hes great!

Originally posted by scotgif
It's so funny how expectations, and player's talent potential change from week to week in the preseason.

So now, H.Taylor, Romero, R. Green, L. Henry, and many others similar can not play.

Just a few short weeks ago, when we were in the midst of one of the 200 or so, QB camps, some of these "up and coming, good looking" new guys, were that talk of all the boards.

Everyone, myself included, was hailing some of these guys as
"mortal locks" to make the 53, or at the very least, the PS.

Just goes to show ya, that we don't know as much as we seem to think we do! :lol

No scott what it means is we have a management who thinks these injured riddled vets that we picked up are going to save us! wrong!!!!

Originally posted by Phinstd
Wow Muck, you think Romero has made the team with pitiful performance against the Bears? He was blasted the whole game and IMO looked far worse than Grant or Taylor has all pre-season.

I think Romero is terrible and prob won't even get signed by another team unless they have an injury.

I dont even know why people were even bringing this guy up! dario romero sucks! he got blown out against the Saints and all he does is hold his guy up and possibly take on a blocker or two if hes lucky! Dario Romero is nothing! to take him over Taylor is just sickening to me! even the Ogun sack against the Texans that Muck put up on the board showed how Taylor gets penetration and helped make that play! forget it were done! same old tired defense at the end of the year!:monkey:

You're only seeing half the point. Nobody's denying that Taylor gets penetration. But he DOESN'T hold up at the point of attack like the other two guys. And that's what we need. We've got two other pass rushers to play DT (Burnett and Williams).

Also, I wouldn't read too much into Burnett's time during preseason. When he came in, there was already an understanding that the coaches would save his knees during camps and preseason games.

Originally posted by finfan54 [/QOUTE]
I dont even know why people were even bringing this guy up! dario romero sucks! he got blown out against the Saints and all he does is hold his guy up and possibly take on a blocker or two if hes lucky!

Uhm 54, now I am not the world's greatest Dario Romero fan, but just in case you are not aware, the DT's PRIMARY job, in our defense is to "hold his guy up, and possibly take on a blocker or two". So, if that's ALL he is doing, then I can see why he would make the team!

I didn't think Romero showed me anymore than Ernest Grant has and if thats the case I prefer Grant for his season experience.

Originally posted by Muck
You're only seeing half the point. Nobody's denying that Taylor gets penetration. But he DOESN'T hold up at the point of attack like the other two guys. And that's what we need. We've got two other pass rushers to play DT (Burnett and Williams).

Also, I wouldn't read too much into Burnett's time during preseason. When he came in, there was already an understanding that the coaches would save his knees during camps and preseason games.

muck i get your point man. i know that is what our defense is pregnated on. read a little closer cus i hate to repeat my self when i have to bang on this computer all day.
My point is that Timbo will get hurt at some point and so will chester, you know its coming! it always does! then what? oh we have Jay Williams who will be playing DT anyways on 3rd downs! its riduclous. you go ahead and put all your faith in all these injured vets, ill just enjoy watching anther playoffs go bad cus we got a bunch of trace armstrongs here(raiders kind of amrstrong)

besides, we are looking for someone else right? so who we gonna get? another vet with injuries? another scrub from another team? we were fine with a guy like Taylor. he was an animal. not good at the point of attack? and i suppose Larry chester was great at the point of attack huh? nah. this is all politics brother.

The ironic thing about this entire argument is how little any of this matters.

If Timmy and Chester get injured or don't recover from their current injuries and we have to use any of those guys for an extended period than we are done. Finished. The end.
Start looking at next year because teams will run all over us.

So to be honest, whether Romero or Grant makes the team isn't that big a deal.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Wanny say that Burnett, and J. Williams would be used in backup roles at DT this year? Either in a pinch, due to injury, or in long-yardage, passing downs.

So, if that is the case, I would feel better about our backup depth at the DT position. Now, they are not the dominating run stoppers that you would like, but they are crafty vets, and that has to be worth something.

And I hate repeating myself as well. You DON't get my point.

If Timbo and Chester get hurt like you say they will, we'll need somebody(s) who will take up blockers and stand up at the point of attack. We're a 2-gap defense. And Henry Taylor is a 1-gap DT. He just doesn't fit what we're looking for in a DT. It's not that he isn't good. Just doesn't fit our scheme. You don't go putting square pegs in round holes. Taylor fits a scheme like Tampa Bay's scheme better.

Back
Top Bottom