Haha, Jets waste first round pick! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haha, Jets waste first round pick!

I personally hope that Jolley fails badly and the Jets have a terrible draft. I really do. I hate no team more than the Jets! There is not even a close 2nd.

But, Jolley IS a good receiving te. Jaredmann is right. This is a VERY weak draft for TEs and Miller is no exception. Heath is simply rated the best of the bunch...and they are nothing special. Jolley is an immediate starter for them and is certainly an upgrade for the Jets....although that's not hard to do.

I think it was a good trade for the Raiders because they have depth at TE. Oakland comes out ahead but not by a lot.....it's fairly even....there was also more to the trade I just read about...Jets get the Raiders 2 6th round picks and Oakland get the Jets 7th.

HysterikiLL said:
They only lost about a dozen spots in acquiring a 2nd round pick. They weren't sold on Heath Miller and will now draft "the other" Alex Smith. Simple.

so they acquired a TE in Doug Jolley, and then they're going to draft Alex Smith? oh... Jets fans will LOVE that.

Cheapshotz said:
The Jets got HOSED. They didn't get the 38th pick they got the 47th.

Raiders get 26th pick
Jets get Jolley, 47th and two 6th rounders

Jets aren't going anywhere this year. I guess they plan on filling Major needs with two 2nd rounders.

Jets aren't going anywhere this year? Why is that? We will be better than last year as long as Chad is healthy and Jolley makes our pass O that much better. Jolley was a highly though of player 2 years ago in ak but fell out of favor. yes we gave up a little too much but in essence we move back 20 slots and get an NFL ready player who will flourish in Heimerdinger's offense. It's a bit of a risk but it could have a high reward. i'll bet Jolley catches 50+ balls this year.

nyjunc said:
Jets aren't going anywhere this year? Why is that? We will be better than last year as long as Chad is healthy and Jolley makes our pass O that much better. Jolley was a highly though of player 2 years ago in ak but fell out of favor. yes we gave up a little too much but in essence we move back 20 slots and get an NFL ready player who will flourish in Heimerdinger's offense. It's a bit of a risk but it could have a high reward. i'll bet Jolley catches 50+ balls this year.

:lolcry:

:laughat: the jet planes

:roflmao: :roflmao: :laughat: Doug Jolley

nyjunc said:

bingo well said Jolley is not a bad move... he will fit in fine with dingers o...
i have a funny feeling that the Jets are not done yet... something tells me that Abe is next..... we shall see on Saturday........ and to the fool that stated the Jets are not going any where this year maron !!!!

nyrican said:
bingo well said Jolley is not a bad move... he will fit in fine with dingers o...
i have a funny feeling that the Jets are not done yet... something tells me that Abe is next..... we shall see on Saturday........ and to the fool that stated the Jets are not going any where this year maron !!!!

:lol:

Keep ratioalizing a horrid move, it will keep you sane. :rolleyes: :cool:

This critique from a team that gave up a 2nd round pick for AJ and a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon!!!!!
Take a look at the past 10 years of the draft and you will see the pick you can get at 26 is not much different than 47...

26 Cincinnati Chris Perry RB Michigan
47 Chicago Terry Johnson NT Washington

26 San Francisco Kwame Harris T Stanford
47 Kansas City Kawika Mitchell MLB South Florida

26 Philadelphia Lito Sheppard CB Florida
47 Cleveland Andre' Davis WR Virginia Tech

26 Miami Jamar Fletcher CB Wisconsin
47 San Francisco Jamie Winborn ILB Vanderbilt

26 Buffalo Erik Flowers DE Arizona State
47 Oakland Jerry Porter WR West Virginia

26 Jacksonville Fernando Bryant CB Alabama
47 Green Bay Fred Vinson CB Vanderbilt

26 Pittsburgh Alan Faneca G Louisiana State
47 Seattle Todd Weiner T Kansas State

26 San Francisco Jim Druckenmiller QB Virginia Tech
47 Kansas City Kevin Lockett WR Kansas State

26 Baltimore Ray Lewis ILB Miami
47 Seattle Fred Thomas CB Tennessee-Martin

26 Atlanta Devin Bush FS Florida State
47 Arizona Frank Sanders WR Auburn
74 New England Curtis Martin RB Pittsburgh

This critique from a team that gave up a 2nd round pick for AJ and a 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon!!!!!

Exactly!! :roflmao: :lol: :lol: :roflmao:

OutsideObserver said:

:crazy:

You jet plane fans don't use your brain often. Did you forget that quickly that the phins have an entire new coaching staff who wouldn't trade their number one pick for a :lol: tight end(5 career TDs:spit: ) or a round 2 pick for a backup QB. :cooldude:

The jet planes can still look forward to bonehead deals like this in the future! Their staff isn't going anywhere anytime soon! :lol:

this is the worst trade...Jolly could of been traded to the jets for a 4th round or 3rd but he is not worth 1st

You jet plane fans don't use your brain often. Did you forget that quickly that the phins have an entire new coaching staff who wouldn't trade their number one pick for a tight end(5 career TDs ) or a round 2 pick for a backup QB

The pick is almost a 2nd rounder and in a very weak 1st rd it was wise to move down and they only moved about 20 spots and picked up an NFL ready TE, a TE who will absolutely flourish in Mike Heimerdinger's offense. The Jets passing offense just got alot better w/ Chad pennington throwing to Coles, McCareins and Jolley and our new OC. teams will have to respect our passing game once gain(which they did not have to last year after Chad got hurt and w/ hackett as our OC) which should open things up for the ground game and our future HOF RB. Add this to one of the best D's in the league and the Jets are better than a year ago and a legit AFC contender.

OutsideObserver said:

Comparing Saban to our old coaching staff is like comparing modern France and the Vichy regime.

The pick is almost a 2nd rounder and in a very weak 1st rd it was wise to move down and they only moved about 20 spots and picked up an NFL ready TE, a TE who will absolutely flourish in Mike Heimerdinger's offense. The Jets passing offense just got alot better w/ Chad pennington throwing to Coles, McCareins and Jolley and our new OC. teams will have to respect our passing game once gain(which they did not have to last year after Chad got hurt and w/ hackett as our OC) which should open things up for the ground game and our future HOF RB. Add this to one of the best D's in the league and the Jets are better than a year ago and a legit AFC contender.

:crazy:

Whatever makes you sleep at night!

nyjunc said:
The Jets passing offense just got alot better w/

With what Mr. Junk?? With Jay Fiedler at the helm (Pennington IS going to get hurt) throwing down the field to Doug Jolley. :lol:

It was a terrible move, don't even try to justify it. Just admit it...

Back
Top Bottom