Halfway point who's your biggest surprise/disappointment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Halfway point who's your biggest surprise/disappointment

Surprise - P Williams. He’s had some bad drops but he’s showing he belongs and can be productive in the NFL. Not bad for an undrafted fella.

Disappointment - Ballage. The poor running is bad enough but all of the dropped swing passes - the one that bounced to Collins for a pick 6 may have been the clown shoe play of the season so far.

Honorable mention:

Parker has played better than I expected.

Charles Harris has played worse than I could have ever imagined - and I was already imagining very bad.

Surprise - P Williams. He’s had some bad drops but he’s showing he belongs and can be productive in the NFL. Not bad for an undrafted fella.

Disappointment - Ballage. The poor running is bad enough but all of the dropped swing passes - the one that bounced to Collins for a pick 6 may have been the clown shoe play of the season so far.

Honorable mention:

Parker has played better than I expected.

Charles Harris has played worse than I could have ever imagined - and I was already imagining very bad.
:cheers:

Offense - Surprise is WR Williams. Hoping he would be good, and pre season games are a very rough guide, but he was playing well befor the injury.

Dissapointment - Rosen. I thought he would stick as starter.

Defence - Surpirise is Charlton. I didnt rate him, but he is our best pass rusher.

Dissapointment is Minkah and the coaches not playing him to his strengths.

Biggest disappointment is Tankersly. Thought he’d be able to get on the field finally
Biggest surprise is Walton. I’m not saying he can be our number one but this guy has to get his **** together and make himself stick, he can move the chains

Biggest surprise (+): Williams and Parker. They are/were playing well.

Biggest surprise (-): Yanking Rosen. The passes being caught for Fitpatrick now are the same passes that were dropped for Fitzpatrick and Rosen then.

On D - Disappointed in Jones and Harris, one had a career and the other never will by the look of it.
Surprised - Being in a blue chip position Taco has been handy, but I still expect us to draft another DE but he certainly adds depth.
On O - Disappointed in some many have already mentioned but will go with some one no has listed I think in Kilgore, was hoping on this patch work OL he would be a constant and provide some veteran leadership especially to Dieter. Don't want us to resign him.
Surprise - P Williams was on the way to having a very solid rookie campaign.

Biggest surprise on O is Williams b/c he's undrafted and he's balling
Biggest disappointment on O is Rosen b/c for a guy that has a lot to prove and apparently has a big chip on his shoulder, he has the enthusiasm of a wet noodle.
Biggest surprise on D is McMillian b/c from the chatter on this board (or lack of in his case), I thought he was done
Biggest disappointment on D is Baker for the opposite reason of McMillian

Biggest surprise on O is Williams b/c he's undrafted and he's balling
Biggest disappointment on O is Rosen b/c for a guy that has a lot to prove and apparently has a big chip on his shoulder, he has the enthusiasm of a wet noodle.
Biggest surprise on D is McMillian b/c from the chatter on this board (or lack of in his case), I thought he was done
Biggest disappointment on D is Baker for the opposite reason of McMillian
McMillan and Baker have been the complete opposite of what I was expecting, almost like they swapped uniforms...

McMillan and Baker have been the complete opposite of what I was expecting, almost like they swapped uniforms...

I will continue to say this, Kwon looked rough to start last season due to 1)Recovering from the ACL 2)Having an incompetent DC who did not play to his strengths... like playing him in man against RBs and TEs. Kwon is a guy who should be attacking the LOS. Baker got a bit overhyped going into the year, but I never thought he was as bad as the PFF grades indicated. I think an underrated change for him is adjustments with personnel around him

I will continue to say this, Kwon looked rough to start last season due to 1)Recovering from the ACL 2)Having an incompetent DC who did not play to his strengths... like playing him in man against RBs and TEs. Kwon is a guy who should be attacking the LOS. Baker got a bit overhyped going into the year, but I never thought he was as bad as the PFF grades indicated. I think an underrated change for him is adjustments with personnel around him
As always, spot on brother! I always thought Baker's size or lack thereof would be detrimental at the Los. He has great lateral pursuit but he just isn't big and strong enough to attach the Los. You get a body on him, he can't shed it.

The biggest surprise to me is the OL. They haven't played well at times, especially with run blocking, but we've had much worse OL's in recent years that were stacked with first-round picks.

The biggest disappointment is the lack of development for some of our young guys. Ballage, Harris, and McMillan come to mind. They were expected to take the next steps in their careers this year, and they whiffed.

Back
Top Bottom