Halfway point who's your biggest surprise/disappointment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Halfway point who's your biggest surprise/disappointment

13marino13

I have no clue what I'm doing...
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So it's halfway through the season, who are your personal biggest surprises on Offense and Defense and you're biggest disappointments. Not looking for production comparisons or the best player, who's performance was unexpected.

My Biggest disappointment on D has been Eguavoen. He was playing solid in the preseason, running around making plays, he kinda fell off the map to this point. It looked as though he was going to be pushing Raekwon out of a spot.

Biggest D surprise probably has been Taco Charlton, he had potential outta the draft but never seem to put it together in Dallas. I wrote him off as a rotational guy off the bench who wouldn't stick around for next year. I now think he sticks, he actually has been one of our best D linemen to this point.

Biggest O surprise has been the play of Parker. I liked the pick when we originally selected him but he hasn't come close to producing as he did at Louisville. I was actually shocked (like most) when they extended him and was expecting them to cut their losses. Seems he's finally starting to play up to his potential, not quite there yet but he has been my biggest surprise. Hell, him being healthy on the field is actually a surprise...

Biggest O disappointment was is a toss-up between Rosen and Michael Deiter, I think Rosen's disappointing play is partly situational so it has to be the play of Michael Deiter for me. I don't know whether it's due to the shuffling around and playing outta position but I expected much better play coming out of O-Line U, Wisconsin. Regardless of where you are on the line, blocking a player is blocking a player and he hasn't blocked consistently well to this point.

Biggest surprise on O: Giseki finally showing some promise. I had written him off after last year
Biggest letdown on O: I'm going to say Grant. I had high hopes that he would be a bigger part of the offense (injuries aside) and I just don't see it happening yet. Maybe he comes on in the 2nd half
Biggest surprise on D: McMillan. The entire off-season we were hearing about everyone BUT him, and once he hit the field he produced better than expected
Biggest letdown on D: I wanted to say Baker, but he is starting to flash again, so I'll go with Jones (can I pick our entire secondary?). The best ability is availability and he has not had it. I think we are just biding our time until we can send him packing.

Biggest, surprise - Parker. I was afraid that he would just mail it in this year.

Biggest disappointment - Rosen. I really hoped he would progress as the season went on. Instead, he crumbled.

(not enough note-worthy performances for me to break it down by O and D)

Great thread 13!!!!

I would say my biggest surprise has to be Vince beigel (spellchecker?) that man has played like a man on fire. And if I'm not mistaken I believe he picked him up for peanuts. So far he's shown himself to be a piece moving forward we can build around.

Biggest disappointment so far has to be Kalen ballage. I was expecting this man to step up and be our bell cow rb this year and take up most of the snaps. That certainly hasn't happened.

Honorable mention for disappointments has to be the steelers draft pick lol the season started off so great but now those bastard ass steelers keep winning games lol

Biggest surprise on O: Giseki finally showing some promise. I had written him off after last year
Biggest letdown on O: I'm going to say Grant. I had high hopes that he would be a bigger part of the offense (injuries aside) and I just don't see it happening yet. Maybe he comes on in the 2nd half
Biggest surprise on D: McMillan. The entire off-season we were hearing about everyone BUT him, and once he hit the field he produced better than expected
Biggest letdown on D: I wanted to say Baker, but he is starting to flash again, so I'll go with Jones (can I pick our entire secondary?). The best ability is availability and he has not had it. I think we are just biding our time until we can send him packing.
Good choices I considered a few of them. I wasn't really surprised by Gesicki, I knew he had the talent and we really didn't put him in a good spot last year. I was optimistic the new coaches would get more from him and he's finally starting to show why he was drafted. Some of these guys just take longer than others for it to click. So he wasn't really a surprise for me. I agree with Grant, what a disappointment, he seems to be regressing over the past few years. Jones is another good one, he can't even get on the field and I have no doubt he is gone next year...

OFF Surprise: Parker
OFF Disappointment: Rosen

DEF Surprise: Taco Charlton
DEF Disappointment: Howard

Many of our guys have played to the level you would expect given the lack of talent on our team. My knock on Rosen is that we gave up a 2nd round pick to get a QB not ready to start. My knock on Howard is inconsistent play and injuries (again). I understand we shut him down because we wanted to preserve his future health, but he has missed a ton of time for the highest paid CB in the league.

Great thread 13!!!!

I would say my biggest surprise has to be Vince beigel (spellchecker?) that man has played like a man on fire. And if I'm not mistaken I believe he picked him up for peanuts. So far he's shown himself to be a piece moving forward we can build around.

Biggest disappointment so far has to be Kalen ballage. I was expecting this man to step up and be our bell cow rb this year and take up most of the snaps. That certainly hasn't happened.

Honorable mention for disappointments has to be the steelers draft pick lol the season started off so great but now those bastard *** steelers keep winning games lol
Biegel came over in the Kiko Alonso trade, he has been a pleasant surprise. Ballage is a big disappointment, I was also expecting him to be more of a factor but he just doesn't have "it". Yeah, and those Damn Steelers!
Nice Avi by the way, I had to look twice! Good seeing ya Brother. :up:

OFF Surprise: Parker
OFF Disappointment: Rosen

DEF Surprise: Taco Charlton
DEF Disappointment: Howard

Many of our guys have played to the level you would expect given the lack of talent on our team. My knock on Rosen is that we gave up a 2nd round pick to get a QB not ready to start. My knock on Howard is inconsistent play and injuries (again). I understand we shut him down because we wanted to preserve his future health, but he has missed a ton of time for the highest paid CB in the league.
Yeah X also had a few disappointing games, not very X-like. Good call.

Biggest disappointment, period: Josh Rosen. By far. Nothing even comes close. Even if he wasn't the future, I was looking forward to him making sure I didn't have to watch Ryan Fitzpatrick "throw" the ball out there.

Biggest surprise, offense: Preston Williams.

Biggest surprise, defense: I guess the Biegeler, since I had never heard of him prior to the trade and figured he was just a throw in that was never really going to see the field in any meaningful way.

Biggest disappointment, defense: Charles Harris. I really thought he'd have a good year, showed a bit in pre-season, and has disappeared.

So it's halfway through the season, who are your personal biggest surprises on Offense and Defense and you're biggest disappointments. Not looking for production comparisons or the best player, who's performance was unexpected.

My Biggest disappointment on D has been Eguavoen. He was playing solid in the preseason, running around making plays, he kinda fell off the map to this point. It looked as though he was going to be pushing Raekwon out of a spot.

Biggest D surprise probably has been Taco Charlton, he had potential outta the draft but never seem to put it together in Dallas. I wrote him off as a rotational guy off the bench who wouldn't stick around for next year. I now think he sticks, he actually has been one of our best D linemen to this point.

Biggest O surprise has been the play of Parker. I liked the pick when we originally selected him but he hasn't come close to producing as he did at Louisville. I was actually shocked (like most) when they extended him and was expecting them to cut their losses. Seems he's finally starting to play up to his potential, not quite there yet but he has been my biggest surprise. Hell, him being healthy on the field is actually a surprise...

Biggest O disappointment was is a toss-up between Rosen and Michael Deiter, I think Rosen's disappointing play is partly situational so it has to be the play of Michael Deiter for me. I don't know whether it's due to the shuffling around and playing outta position but I expected much better play coming out of O-Line U, Wisconsin. Regardless of where you are on the line, blocking a player is blocking a player and he hasn't blocked consistently well to this point.
IDK if Deiter was set back by the shuffling, or not, but I think the jump from college, to pro is more substantial than you believe it to be.

It's not like he was a top pick. He's not physically overpowering, so technique is important.

I agree that he certainly hasnt been dominant. I'll give him some time.

IDK if Deiter was set back by the shuffling, or not, but I think the jump from college, to pro is more substantial than you believe it to be.

It's not like he was a top pick. He's not physically overpowering, so technique is important.

I agree that he certainly hasnt been dominant. I'll give him some time.
I'm still optimistic he will be a solid player for us, I knew as a rookie he would have struggles but to this point, he hasn't looked like a solid starting lineman. I just thought he would be more consistent.

Offense - Biggest Disappointment: Kalen Ballage - thought this kid was ready for a breakout season. Especially after the coaching staff was raving about him at times during the offseason. Offense - Biggest Surprise - DeVante Parker - He's shown growth and maturity and has developed into a viable option on game day. Never thought he'd put it together like he has. Offense - Biggest Question Mark - Josh Rosen - Beginning to lose hope he can make it in the NFL. He's got talent, but I just don't see the leadership or moxie from a supposed franchise QB. Most probably a career, above average backup QB. Which is not such a bad thing. Just hoped the expectations would be met.

O surprise for me is Fitzpatrick... didn't expect the enthusiasm and leadership from the vet that had been essentially written off … especially after seeing some of his throws early on … arm looked to me like it was done

O disappointment for me is Rosen … as already stated I didn't expect a ton but was looking for a guy who flamed out and was ready to prove he is a quality starter

D surprise has been Taco … came out of nowhere to show he still wants to play and can be impactful

D disappointment is Fitzpatrick (though he's gone) I expected a take charge attitude with a swiss army knife type of production ...
Current player disappointment would be Baker … expected him to own his spot … but hasn't shown the consistency expected so far

Defense - Biggest Disappointment - Rashad Jones - His injury history has once again curtailed his season. He's become unreliable in terms of actually playing. If it wasn't for his insane contract, he'd probably would have been cut already. Love Jones, but his time has past. Defense - Biggest Surprise - Taco Charlton - He's been a revelation interms of how quickly he acclimated himself into the system. He's been productive from the start, which is surprising, because he's being used as a hybrid, which he's never done before. He actually looks happy playing for Miami and comfortable in his role on the defense. He looks like a future piece of the puzzle for Flores. Defense - Lost Cause - Charles Harris - He's not improved one bit since his rookie year. I think it's time to say goodbye. Doesn't look like he'll ever put it together.

Back
Top Bottom