Halfway point who's your biggest surprise/disappointment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Halfway point who's your biggest surprise/disappointment

Biggest disappointments have been Wilson and Grant. I thought both could be fantastic in this offense. Grant has played better recently and Wilson has been slowed by injuries.

Biggest surprises have been Charlton, Parker and Williams.

Biggest disappointments have been Wilson and Grant. I thought both could be fantastic in this offense. Grant has played better recently and Wilson has been slowed by injuries.

Biggest surprises have been Charlton, Parker and Williams.
On the bright side I read Albert Wilson was practicing in full this week.

So it's halfway through the season, who are your personal biggest surprises on Offense and Defense and you're biggest disappointments. Not looking for production comparisons or the best player, who's performance was unexpected.

My Biggest disappointment on D has been Eguavoen. He was playing solid in the preseason, running around making plays, he kinda fell off the map to this point. It looked as though he was going to be pushing Raekwon out of a spot.

Biggest D surprise probably has been Taco Charlton, he had potential outta the draft but never seem to put it together in Dallas. I wrote him off as a rotational guy off the bench who wouldn't stick around for next year. I now think he sticks, he actually has been one of our best D linemen to this point.

Biggest O surprise has been the play of Parker. I liked the pick when we originally selected him but he hasn't come close to producing as he did at Louisville. I was actually shocked (like most) when they extended him and was expecting them to cut their losses. Seems he's finally starting to play up to his potential, not quite there yet but he has been my biggest surprise. Hell, him being healthy on the field is actually a surprise...

Biggest O disappointment was is a toss-up between Rosen and Michael Deiter, I think Rosen's disappointing play is partly situational so it has to be the play of Michael Deiter for me. I don't know whether it's due to the shuffling around and playing outta position but I expected much better play coming out of O-Line U, Wisconsin. Regardless of where you are on the line, blocking a player is blocking a player and he hasn't blocked consistently well to this point.

A 1-7 team has a lot of disappointments so I'll skip[ that part.
Surprises? Actually, more than I thought before reading the title of this thread.
D - wilkins - last two games, Taco, Beigel, McMillan, Needham looks much more polished last couple of games. I expected nothing from Jenkins, so I guess significant snaps equals a surprise.
O - walton, Gesicki, Williams, Boehm. Parker is spurts

Biggest surprise (as of lately) has to be Geisicki. Vince Beigel has made more plays than I expected too.

Biggest disappointment would be Ballage and to a degree Jerome Baker but I guess I had bigger expectations for him.

Obviously we all have to be disappointed with Rosen but I didn't have high expectations for him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has also been playing surprisingly well given the circumstances.

Biggest surprise (as of lately) has to be Geisicki. Vince Beigel has made more plays than I expected too.

Biggest disappointment would be Ballage and to a degree Jerome Baker but I guess I had bigger expectations for him.

Obviously we all have to be disappointed with Rosen but I didn't have high expectations for him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has also been playing surprisingly well given the circumstances.

IMO, it isn't that RF has been playing well, but he hasn't yet had the typical RF BAD game. (Hope I didn't jinx him)

Surprise on offense Gesicki

Surprise on defense Beigel

Disappointed on defense Mkendiche....had so high hopes for him

Disappointed on offense Rosen

some of the guys mention on this thread as disappointed I wasn't expecting anything from players like Harris or Grant

Defense - Biggest Disappointment - Rashad Jones - His injury history has once again curtailed his season. He's become unreliable in terms of actually playing. If it wasn't for his insane contract, he'd probably would have been cut already. Love Jones, but his time has past. Defense - Biggest Surprise - Taco Charlton - He's been a revelation interms of how quickly he acclimated himself into the system. He's been productive from the start, which is surprising, because he's being used as a hybrid, which he's never done before. He actually looks happy playing for Miami and comfortable in his role on the defense. He looks like a future piece of the puzzle for Flores. Defense - Lost Cause - Charles Harris - He's not improved one bit since his rookie year. I think it's time to say goodbye. Doesn't look like he'll ever put it together.
I think Reshad Jones' injury issue is along the lines of Ramsey's injuries prior to being traded. Just a punk faking it

Biggest surprise hopefully coaching been waiting for years since Shula left to find the next guy.

Biggest disappointment loosing Drake and Fitz the Alabama guys wish we could have figured it out.

A 1-7 team has a lot of disappointments so I'll skip[ that part.
Surprises? Actually, more than I thought before reading the title of this thread.
D - wilkins - last two games, Taco, Beigel, McMillan, Needham looks much more polished last couple of games. I expected nothing from Jenkins, so I guess significant snaps equals a surprise.
O - walton, Gesicki, Williams, Boehm. Parker is spurts
The disappointment is based on your expectations for a particular player. I think we're all disappointed in the team as a whole but that was to be expected.

Biggest surprise - the defense. No they aren't good, and that game against Pittsburgh showed that a competent staff is gonna let their QB know to just air it out against these under talented guys and enough of them will be completed to matter. But the defense is fighting, they aren't giving up and we haven't had any flat out terrible efforts recently. The defense kind of reminds me of 2007. The back end just lacks talent and they are playing hard but NFL QB's are getting the ball past them. But 2008 showed what you can do with just a little more talent in one offseason. As others have mentioned, Gesicki deserves some props, but I've always saw the physical talent in him, and while I think he is producing based on his opportunities, a better offense will be able to get him involved even more.
Another surprise is the offensive playcalling. They did a horrible job in the first half of the Redskins game, but other than that we've been able to generate (and I mean generate) offense on a consistent basis in recent weeks, and a lot of teams with a lot more talent are showing that shouldn't be taken for granted.
Disappointment - Rosen. I really don't blame it all on him. I've actually gone over it in other threads how Flores mismanaged this and how we didn't really set him up for success, but the bottom line is he's not starting and that's a disappointment.

Biggest surprise is Biegel - he's good.
Biggest disappointment is Rosen - (I was hoping for more).

Back
Top Bottom