Halfway realistic offseason with a little Madden-eqsue twist | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Halfway realistic offseason with a little Madden-eqsue twist

2 1/2 years? Think again. it was one year. Played in all 16 games his 2nd year with 5 receptions, and 13 receptions in 12 games his 3rd year.

Hu? hes started nine games in his nfl career and is already better than any receiver the Fins have had in the last 2 decades. The guys going to be a stud for the next 10 years whether you see it or not

Fitz
A. Johnson
C. Johnson
Deshawn Jackson
M. Austin

Ask any NFL GM to pick 4 out of these 5 and I'll bet Austin is the odd man out.

Obviously i cant argue with Fitz and Andre beiing better. Austin is moving up the charts and hes available and Id jump all over him.. hes better than Jackson. C johnson is physically a beast but has not shown what austin has shown

Obviously you dont know of a some what decent WR named Larry Fitzgerald, or his friends Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and his not-so-much friend Brandon Marshall.

C johnson.. is physically a beast but has not shown what austin has shown

Yeah and neither would Austin in detroit. Calvin Johnson would be the best WR in football along with Fitzy on a team with half-decent talent at least.

C johnson is physically a beast but has not shown what austin has shown

False... his 2nd year in the NFL Johnson had 1,331 yards and 12 td's with a 17.1 yard average per catch.

Last year Miles had 1,320 yards for 11 td's and a 16.3 yard average.

Yes Austin had a better year than Calvin this past season but Calvin's best year was more productive than Austins best and Calvin did it in his second season where it took Austin 4 years to do Anything, so CJ is already way ahead of Miles. I'm just sayin.....

Trade 1st and 3rd to Dallas for Miles Austin
-Easily the most explosive WR in the NFL.

ever heard of Desean Jackson?

Randy Moss hasnt been mentioned.
Ochocinco
Colstin
Roddy White
Steve Smith
Greg Jennings
Sidney Rice
TO
Reggie Wayne

Any of these all pro's, as well as others that have been mentioned already, can arguably be classified as more explosive than Austin. Easily? wow... the guy has had one good season.

Sorry we can afford to trade 2 high picks for 1 position unless we are just 1 player away from being in the super bowl. We have wayyyyyyyyyy to many holes to fill to trade such high picks for 1 yr wonder, especially when our 1st rd pick is #12.

if he is then he will be playing SS where he should be. hopfully he can be like Randy Starks for us having a bad year the first year they are here then explodes the next year he is here

Randy Starks was our best DE last year also..

Hey let's not knock Miles Austin that guy is an animal, and he's just hitting his prime. He'll be around for a long while.

People don't realize how athletic he is. He was over 6'2", 215 lbs, had a 1.56/2.64 split to go with a 4.47 in the 40, 40.5 inch vertical, 10'3" broad jump, 4.14 shuttle and 7.09 cone drill.

His ridiculous production once he finally got the opportunity was no fluke. Sometimes when you come out of Monmouth and you're playing behind more heralded guys like Terrell Owens and Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton...you have to earn your stripes.

The guy only took 28% of the snaps in the first four games of the year. Not surprisingly he was thrown at 12 times and produced 5 catches for 81 yards and 1 TD.

From then on the Cowboys pumped his playing time up to 79%, and threw at him 126 times, and he caught 87 of those balls for 1,355 yards and 11 TDs. Let's be clear here, we're talking about from the moment he became a starter, 10.8 yards per ATTEMPT in his direction, with 1 TD and 113 yards per game over twelve games.

He's been grooming this whole time waiting to bust out and believe me, he has. I would definitely consider taking him with a 1st and 3rd.

All of your draft picks are way off. We don't have a fifth round pick, Eversen Griffen is a early to mid first rounder, Cam Thomas is a second rounder (no later than an early third rounder) and Jimmy Graham will go no later than the fourth.

False... his 2nd year in the NFL Johnson had 1,331 yards and 12 td's with a 17.1 yard average per catch.

Last year Miles had 1,320 yards for 11 td's and a 16.3 yard average.

Yes Austin had a better year than Calvin this past season but Calvin's best year was more productive than Austins best and Calvin did it in his second season where it took Austin 4 years to do Anything, so CJ is already way ahead of Miles. I'm just sayin.....

You kinda made my point... CJ had a tremendous 2nd year BUT.. he did that starting all 16 games, being the main focus of the offense
Miles had just about the same stats, starting ONLY 9 games and NOT being a focal point of the offense 'til midseason. Incredible. Just sayin... ;)

Hey let's not knock Miles Austin that guy is an animal, and he's just hitting his prime. He'll be around for a long while.

People don't realize how athletic he is. He was over 6'2", 215 lbs, had a 1.56/2.64 split to go with a 4.47 in the 40, 40.5 inch vertical, 10'3" broad jump, 4.14 shuttle and 7.09 cone drill.

His ridiculous production once he finally got the opportunity was no fluke. Sometimes when you come out of Monmouth and you're playing behind more heralded guys like Terrell Owens and Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton...you have to earn your stripes.

The guy only took 28% of the snaps in the first four games of the year. Not surprisingly he was thrown at 12 times and produced 5 catches for 81 yards and 1 TD.

From then on the Cowboys pumped his playing time up to 79%, and threw at him 126 times, and he caught 87 of those balls for 1,355 yards and 11 TDs. Let's be clear here, we're talking about from the moment he became a starter, 10.8 yards per ATTEMPT in his direction, with 1 TD and 113 yards per game over twelve games.

He's been grooming this whole time waiting to bust out and believe me, he has. I would definitely consider taking him with a 1st and 3rd.
but because he's only proven himself for one year, that doesn't mean he's worth a 1st and 3rd. Look at what happened to braylon edwards. so far he's a one hit wonder from his 3rd year. it's too early to tell. I would give up just a 3rd right now for him though.

I would rather take Dez Bryant in the first than giving up our first and third for Austin. I think Dez is physical enough to be an impact his rookie year. I know Parcells is not well known for drafting WR's in the first round but if he falls to pick 12, we should grab him!

Back
Top Bottom