Hall of Fame- What in the ________! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hall of Fame- What in the ________!

ChambersChamps

Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
How in the heck is URLACHER a 1st Ballot HOFer!! Yet, Zach Thomas gets minimal votes. The numbers do not lie!! I am beside myself right now.

Urlacher career - 182 GP. 8x pro bowl. 4 x All-Pro.
1040 tackles, 22 INT, 11 FF. 41.5 Sacks.
Zach Thomas - 184 GP. 7x Pro Bowl. 5x All Pro. 1100 tackles, 17 INT, 16 FF. 20.5 sacks. Not too different yet Thomas keeps getting minimal votes...Urlacher gets 1st ballot. Joke!

Similar numbers but it’s not like Zach’s numbers overshadow his. If anything, Urlacher has got the edge. So it makes sense: if they’re both in contention to be in the Hall from their era, Urlacher is going to get more consideration by most people who aren’t Dolphins fans.

I'm still saying how does Robert Brazile get in but Randy Gradishar not even get on the ballot. Not saying Brazile isn't worthy, but Gradishar was dominate in the 70's and led a great Denver defense. I would say Gradishar is every bit as worthy as Brazile or Urlacher.

How in the heck is URLACHER a 1st Ballot HOFer!! Yet, Zach Thomas gets minimal votes. The numbers do not lie!! I am beside myself right now.

Zach Thomas - 184 GP. 7x Pro Bowl. 5x All Pro. 1100 tackles, 17 INT, 16 FF. 20.5 sacks. Not too different yet Thomas keeps getting minimal votes...Urlacher gets 1st ballot. Joke!

Well, for starters, you cannot ignore twice as many sacks. I love Zach but never thought HOFer when I watched him play. Great player but got eaten up against a lot of top competition. I cannot speak for Urlacher as I didn’t watch him all the time.

The only person that ate up zach was Kevin mawae and that’s cause the dline let him get to him so much

Urlacher deserves it ... He was also 2000 DROY, and also 2005 DPOY, so his credentials are a little bit better than Zach's.

The fact that Lewis and Urlacher got in so quick is actually good news for Zach. He should be the next MLB from that era to get elected to the HOF one of these years, and with Lewis and Urlacher out of the way now, Zach has plenty of time. His credentials are there ... 7 Pro Bowls, 7x 1st or 2nd team All-Pro (he was actually voted an all-pro more times than Brian), 2x LB of the Year, and hes on the 2000s All-Decade team with Ray and Brian.

He has until 2033 to get in as a modern-era candidate ... give it time, and keep the faith.

They both belong to the HoF. Brian Urlaucher also was a beast and deserves it.

I think popularity has something to do with it as well, Zach isn't as well known outside of South Florida and the AFC east division. Urlacher was pretty popular nationwide, however, this is in no way suggesting that Urlacher is undeserving.

Back
Top Bottom