Hands | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hands

Well I didn't go to culinary school but I do watch football and I've seen coaching in Denver churn out 1k rushers like clockwork. I've seen that OL coach in NE churn out some of the best units in the NFL despite not having ultra talented players. I've seen Andy Reid work his magic on QB's time and again, hell even turned Vick into a decent passer 1 year. Our very own Don Shula took a team who never had a winning season in their brief 4 year history and went 10-4 his 1st year.

Just can’t admit he just may be hot garbage? Hey, I actually hope I’m wrong. But won’t be surprised if he’s not on this roster next year

Just can’t admit he just may be hot garbage? Hey, I actually hope I’m wrong. But won’t be surprised if he’s not on this roster next year

He MAY be hot garbage but I don't know yet because it's been 3 games and no player can be properly evaluated 3 games into their 1st season.

He MAY be hot garbage but I don't know yet because it's been 3 games and no player can be properly evaluated 3 games into their 1st season.

Not the same as a QB, all he has to do is finally catch a pass. But ok, have it your way

Not the same as a QB, all he has to do is finally catch a pass. But ok, have it your way

So you're saying players can be evaluated properly 3 games into their rookie year? Can you tell me if Wilkins and Deiter are going to be solid starters for the foreseeable future or are they bust or are they future all pros?

So you're saying players can be evaluated properly 3 games into their rookie year? Can you tell me if Wilkins and Deiter are going to be solid starters for the foreseeable future or are they bust or are they future all pros?

Wow, again, he has to do one thing, catch what’s thrown into his hands. He’s not blocking 280lbs linemen or asked to run block. He shouldn’t be starting at this point, but due to the roster we have no choice. He drops every important pass.

Wow, again, he has to do one thing, catch what’s thrown into his hands. He’s not blocking 280lbs linemen or asked to run block. He shouldn’t be starting at this point, but due to the roster we have no choice. He drops every important pass.

Ah ok so your scouting prowess is limited only to WR's, so of all the rookie WR's currently in the NFL with at-least 3 starts can you tell me which one's are future all pro's, solid starters and just plain ol bust?

I’ll say this - the fact Williams is getting open for big chunks consistently is encouraging. Now catch the mother ****ing football!!!

Drops happen with every team, Cooper had a big miss yesterday. Good teams overcome them, we've been using drops as a crutch for decades.

I posted last week about how many drops we had through two weeks. The horrible hands continue - be one thing if it was a single player. But it is literally everyone from WRs to backs. That’s 3 TDs on the season that have been dropped. Two by Williams, 1 by Grant. Parker’s drop today may have been a TD as well. The jump ball catches are great but for ****s sake, can’t anyone take a pass in stride?
The defense is allowed to make plays too, like the one in the end zone with Williams where he knocked the ball out at the last second, but overall I agree with you. The hands have been bad. Outside of a couple of deep ball jumpers by Parker, we aren't making very many tough catches to help out the QB.

Receivers spending less time on the JUGGS machine and more time playing FIFA.

The defense is allowed to make plays too, like the one in the end zone with Williams where he knocked the ball out at the last second, but overall I agree with you. The hands have been bad. Outside of a couple of deep ball jumpers by Parker, we aren't making very many tough catches to help out the QB.
It was a good defensive play on Williams though with his size and strength - and understanding what was coming - he could have protected the ball better. While a good play by the D, it had just as much to do w his inexperience there. Regardless, our guys are dropping passes at an alarming rate - including the RBs.

Start tossing bricks at the receivers in practice and see how fast they improve a catching.

I’m with you on his muffs. If he can’t do that then Miami really doesn’t need him. What good is speed if you can’t catch?
I don't think Grant drops all that many balls at reciever, He will drop a few on punts but to be honest most punt returners muff an occasional ball here and there.

Its a shame on Preston WIlliams, Devante Parker dropping passes last week but to be honest i don't think holding onto the ball is as simple as practicing on a jugs machine or some stuff like that.. Its more working on focus in game then anything else.

I don't think Grant drops all that many balls at reciever, He will drop a few on punts but to be honest most punt returners muff an occasional ball here and there.

Its a shame on Preston WIlliams, Devante Parker dropping passes last week but to be honest i don't think holding onto the ball is as simple as practicing on a jugs machine or some stuff like that.. Its more working on focus in game then anything else.
I think with Grant is he scares easily, and grows alligator arms to avoid hits due to his small frame.

Back
Top Bottom