Hank (65 Toss Power Trap) Stram | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank (65 Toss Power Trap) Stram

tex2731

texxx
Reaction score
Just a word of appreciation and a tip of the hat in farewell to Hank Stram, a colorful, innovative coach and terrific game analyst on tv/radio. His Super Bowl IV highlight film is an absolute classic, as was his participation in the "longest game" vs Miami on Xmas day 1971, forever linking him with that page of Dolphins history. He'll be missed.

tex2731 said:
Just a word of appreciation and a tip of the hat in farewell to Hank Stram, a colorful, innovative coach and terrific game analyst on tv/radio. His Super Bowl IV highlight film is an absolute classic, as was his participation in the "longest game" vs Miami on Xmas day 1971, forever linking him with that page of Dolphins history. He'll be missed.

Yes he will. They don't make em like that anymore. Thanks for the memories.

RIP Hank.

CrunchTime said:
RIP Hank.You were a real classy man.
"
Stram offends, apologizes

NEW YORK -- Super Bowl-winning coach Hank Stram says he meant no offense and was only joking when he made an anti-Semitic remark during a radio interview.

On ESPN Radio last week, the former Chiefs and Saints coach was questioned about his readiness to spend heavily on Joe Theismann when the quarterback was entering the NFL in 1974.

"Yeah, I was ready to play that Jewish organ. ... Hit the cash register," Stram told host Mike Golic, according to an ESPN transcript of the Sept. 20 show.

His remark prompted the American Jewish Congress to denounce Stram as the winner of the "Stupid Bowl." The New York-based advocacy group is dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism and has some 50,000 members. "It's ridiculous for anybody to think that I am anti-Jewish," Stram, 70, told the Associated Press. "I was flabbergasted when I heard that it was coming over the AP wire. I said it in a kidding way." "

Lane74 said:
"
Stram offends, apologizes

NEW YORK -- Super Bowl-winning coach Hank Stram says he meant no offense and was only joking when he made an anti-Semitic remark during a radio interview.

On ESPN Radio last week, the former Chiefs and Saints coach was questioned about his readiness to spend heavily on Joe Theismann when the quarterback was entering the NFL in 1974.

"Yeah, I was ready to play that Jewish organ. ... Hit the cash register," Stram told host Mike Golic, according to an ESPN transcript of the Sept. 20 show.

His remark prompted the American Jewish Congress to denounce Stram as the winner of the "Stupid Bowl." The New York-based advocacy group is dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism and has some 50,000 members. "It's ridiculous for anybody to think that I am anti-Jewish," Stram, 70, told the Associated Press. "I was flabbergasted when I heard that it was coming over the AP wire. I said it in a kidding way." "

Are you questioning his class, or supporting it?

NFL Films hit the jackpot when Stram agreed to wear that mic during Super Bowl IV. That is probably the best piece of film in NFL Films archives, I still laugh my a** off whenever I watch it.

RIP Hank Stram

One of the most fun coaches ever to watch on the sideline. Great TV color guy, too. He used to predict the plays and was usually right.

Back
Top Bottom