Hank Goldberg Says... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg Says...

I don't think it matters anyways.

I don't see anything bright about this franchise's future, and it's been that way for a while. I guess that's why I favor the younger coaches.........

My god stop whining so much. Why are you all down on all of these candidates. This is getting annoying. SUPPORT OUR TEAM!!!

Chan Gailey won't be any better then Wanny was as our head coach. It's going to be a lot more of the same conservative, playing scared crap. We will play not to lose instead of playing to win. I am sick of these types of coaches and that's exactly what we'll get with Chan.

Chan Gailey won't be any better then Wanny was as our head coach. It's going to be a lot more of the same conservative, playing scared crap. We will play not to lose instead of playing to win. I am sick of these types of coaches and that's exactly what we'll get with Chan.

The wrost case with this type off offensive gameplan is that if you run it right you can get 10 to 11 wins but you're just about guaranteed to be knocked out of the playoffs every year. The Wanny years are coming back. At least if we rolled the dice with one of the young brainiacs and they crapped out we would be compensated by good draft picks. Coaches like Mora and Gailey almost guarantee repsectability but no glory. B Schottenheimer, Tomlin, Ryan, all had risk associated with them but if they panned out they were the type of coaches you could win the big dance with

I disagree. During the Wannsted era is wasn't neccessarily the play calling IMO as it was the talent on the field. We had a pretty good plan (until Ricky came in and we gave it to him 165 times per game) when Gailey was the man. We had good vertical passing structure and a good running scheme, the problem was we didn't have a big arm quarterback to achiever those long throws. Enter Culpepper, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, and we have a good chance to make some noise on offense. We need to stop whining about the new guy and just support him. Lay off a little guys.

More of the same...why should we expect anything different this time. Go on a head coaching search around the world interview 12 candidates and the best you can do is Jim Mora or Chan Gailey. This organization is turning into a joke, we are fast becoming the next Arizona Cardinals...Hell they will probably be better off than us now, at least they nabbed Ken Whisenhunt.

I agree with you there...12 candiates and this team has nothing to show...Chan Gailey seems to be the worst possible choice of this team and why would u bring in Mora or Tomlin when there both defensive guys and u already have Capers here for that...The organziation came up with nothing as far as im concearned...1 day it was Cameron and the next Martz and now it seems like Gailey or perhaps if he is fired Marty-ball... 5-13 in the playoffs is terrible...there is no postive direction of this franchise and it seems if we hire any of these guys that the only way this time will go is down...

I agree with you there...12 candiates and this team has nothing to show...Chan Gailey seems to be the worst possible choice of this team and why would u bring in Mora or Tomlin when there both defensive guys and u already have Capers here for that...The organziation came up with nothing as far as im concearned...1 day it was Cameron and the next Martz and now it seems like Gailey or perhaps if he is fired Marty-ball... 5-13 in the playoffs is terrible...there is no postive direction of this franchise and it seems if we hire any of these guys that the only way this time will go is down...

You've named just about every coach that we've interviewed or that is talked about as deserving for a H.C position. Who would you want as the coach, because hell you've named just about every applicant.

there is no postive direction of this franchise and it seems if we hire any of these guys that the only way this time will go is down...

DOWN FROM WHERE???? 6 -10???? we've got almost NO ROOM to go "DOWN" any further....

The POSITIVE direction is that Sabans GONE!

You've named just about every coach that we've interviewed or that is talked about as deserving for a H.C position. Who would you want as the coach, because hell you've named just about every applicant.

from the beginning of all this i have said martz...there is the offensive mind we need

Chan Gailey has won at every level that he's coached at.

He has a better college record than Cam does, doesn't he?

He obviously has a better record than Shotty jr who is ONLY in his early thirties. I like Mora Jr, but Gailey is obviously a better choice.

He has worked with Capers and was recommended for the Steelers vacancy, over Whisnhunt and Grimm by Coach Cowher himself.

I think too many people are blaming Gailey for JJ's conservative game plan and mistakes.

I do.

I know the arguments for him.
I've read all who've offered them.

Regardless of many defending him I can't shake the memory of what I saw while he was here.

Yeah, we got production out of a ragtag group.
Product of the D we had putting us in great positions during games. We also had a good OL at that point and we were able to grind it out against defensively weaker teams. You can get away with conservative for awhile and against certain teams.

There comes a point however, where the coaching staff needs to help it's players to put them in good positions to make plays. When you start playing top echelon teams that are matched equally to you or have more strong points than you do, strategy, game planning and adjustments become very important.

That's where Gailey fails now and will fail here.
He'll do the same grind it out straightforward philosophy.
You can forget about different formations to disguise certain plays IMO. He'll be predictable and stay the course no matter what.

It may work against some teams but it'll kill us against top teams. JMO. It's exactly what I saw while he was here and he certainly hasn't changed his stripes while at GT.

If he's hired I'll of course hold out hope but I sure won't be feeling any excitement about this team deep down.

Yeah I feel ya, pretty hard to shake that memory of two years with an 11-5 record and making the playoffs twice. God forbid THAT happens again!

i just remember gailey as jerrys *****...

but maybe chan kept the offensive gameplan they way he did bc jay was the QB and knew that jay couldnt do too much...

i dont chan is the sexy pic either but maybe hes the smart pic

Jim Mora Jr. would be the worst option of the announced candidates.

The worst thing that could possibly come out of all of this is Huizenga forcing Mike Mularkey on another coach. Any coach in their right mind would kick him right out the door.

Back
Top Bottom