Hank Goldberg Says... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg Says...

More of the same...why should we expect anything different this time. Go on a head coaching search around the world interview 12 candidates and the best you can do is Jim Mora or Chan Gailey. This organization is turning into a joke, we are fast becoming the next Arizona Cardinals...Hell they will probably be better off than us now, at least they nabbed Ken Whisenhunt.
You could look at it this way. Maybe Whisenhunt is totally overrated, and that's why the Steelers didn't hire him. Maybe H.Wayne and Co. interviewed him and weren't impressed. Maybe the Cardinals are buying the hype and that's why they will continue to be the Cardinals.

I'm fine w/ either Mora or Gaily. Both are solid football minds, and they've got a good coaching staff to work w/ whom they will actually respect, unlike the previous Dick-Tator.

Gailey is an idiot. If he is our head coach we are not going to win 5 games. He will call run plays on 3rd and long in the opponents territory.

He is not the coach of our future. Oh please let that be a rumor.

Gailey is the leading favorite....this team is going straight to hell.

You really think the front office has no idea what they are doing and that you do? Why don't you go to Dolphins Headquarters and just start being the new guy to decide it all man.

Make us better, since you seem to think you have the power

I don't think it matters anyways.

I don't see anything bright about this franchise's future, and it's been that way for a while. I guess that's why I favor the younger coaches.........

Exactly. It would make sense to pair a young offensive mind with Capers.

Gotta love the ignorance around here. Most of you don't know anything about Gailey and you're bashing him.

Gailey is an idiot. If he is our head coach we are not going to win 5 games. He will call run plays on 3rd and long in the opponents territory.

WHere in the opponent's territory? What's the score? Don't make blanket statements like this.

It's officially a black day here.

People are defending and supporting CHAN GAILEY as HC of the Dolphins.

Truly sad, this guy is a huge step backwards and everybody knows it.

I do.

I know the arguments for him.
I've read all who've offered them.

Regardless of many defending him I can't shake the memory of what I saw while he was here.

Yeah, we got production out of a ragtag group.
Product of the D we had putting us in great positions during games. We also had a good OL at that point and we were able to grind it out against defensively weaker teams. You can get away with conservative for awhile and against certain teams.

There comes a point however, where the coaching staff needs to help it's players to put them in good positions to make plays. When you start playing top echelon teams that are matched equally to you or have more strong points than you do, strategy, game planning and adjustments become very important.

That's where Gailey fails now and will fail here.
He'll do the same grind it out straightforward philosophy.
You can forget about different formations to disguise certain plays IMO. He'll be predictable and stay the course no matter what.

It may work against some teams but it'll kill us against top teams. JMO. It's exactly what I saw while he was here and he certainly hasn't changed his stripes while at GT.

If he's hired I'll of course hold out hope but I sure won't be feeling any excitement about this team deep down.

All I remember from Failey's offense is:

1. Screen passes aplenty

2. The dreaded out route thrown for a pick 6.

3. No passing over the middle of the field.

4. TE only blocks.

5. FB only blocks.

that would be the chain-smoking Ernie Zampese...

No it wasn't. Zampese was jettisoned when Gailey came in, and Gailey ran his own offense and was his own coordinator both seasons in Dallas. In fact, it was Aikman's whining for a return to the Turner/Zampese systems that got Gailey unjustifiably fired.

A lot of Gailey detractors seem to forget something: How'd his offenses look when he had exciting skill players? 5 wide receiver sets, "Slash", and Top 10 offenses both years as coordinator in Pittsburgh? Emmitt Smith's last 2 best yardage seasons in Dallas? Cowboys scoring more points in 1998 than they had since the Super Bowl years with someone named Billy Davis starting at one wide receiver spot opposite Michael Irvin?

As opposed to those who are bashing him on here, I have plenty of Cowboys videotape from the '98 and '99 seasons to back it up when I tell you the guy can be as creative as anyone when he has healthy and talented players.

Gailey has experience and has been around the Franchise before. I prefer him over Mora Jr. I don't see why people would be against this hire...

Gailey would be a good hire, he was always on my top 5 list ever since Saban left. he brings exactly what we need to this team, a commitment to the running game, with Ricky and Ronnie at RB we will have surely have a great running attack if we stay commited. and we all know that a good running game helps the passing game, if only we could find a good QB. Colt Brannan maybe?

It's officially a black day here.

People are defending and supporting CHAN GAILEY as HC of the Dolphins.

Truly sad, this guy is a huge step backwards and everybody knows it.

I agree. It's a sad day when the fans are actually trying to justify / rationalize a hiring of such low standards as Gailey is. The same goes for Mora too. These are truly two of the worst candidates we could have asked for in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I agree. It's a sad day when the fans are actually trying to justify / rationalize a hiring of such low standards as Gailey is. The same goes for Mora too. These are truly two of the worst candidates we could have asked for in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

not convinced? have you read what CK has said about Gailey? it is very encouraging

Back
Top Bottom