1SheltonDTWashington
2MontgomeryWRStanford
3KendricksILBUcla
4LangfordRBMich St
5DawsonOLBTCU
6S MasonOGGa Tech
7HerringOGWisconsin

:ponder:

Kendricks isn't lasting to the 3rd, Montgomery is just like the receivers we have already, Dawson is a top 100 pick, and not a fan of Langford for Miami(need a bigger back).

Trade down with someone in the mid-to-late 20's and gain their 2nd, 4th, and 5th.

1. Cam Erving OT/OG
2a. Eric Kendricks ILB
2b. Devin Funchess WR/TE
3. Quinten Rollins CB
4a. Chucky Hunter DT
4b. Zach Hodges OLB
5a. David Cobb RB
5b. Robert Aguayo K
6.Adrian Amos S/CB
7. James Rouse DE

Would be reminiscent of 2010 when we didn't take a TE in a deep TE draft if we didn't take a big WR in a draft with big WRs...and I don't mean a tweener TE/WR with terrible hands like Funchess.

Would be reminiscent of 2010 when we didn't take a TE in a deep TE draft if we didn't take a big WR in a draft with big WRs...and I don't mean a tweener TE/WR with terrible hands like Funchess.

To funny; I think Devin Funchess would be a perfect fit for the Fins in fact he is exactly the TE the Fins need... He has Great size 6'5" 230 lbs with good speed. He is way better than what they have now. LOL

He is the 32'nd rank player on CBS's big board.

I suppose you like Dorial Green-Beckham 6-5 225 1-2, I heard he is not coming out this year at least that his what his head coach said. If he did come out for the draft I would like him too.

DeVante Parker WR Louisville Sr 6-3 209
Kevin White WR West Virginia Sr 6-3 210
Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State Jr 6-3 215

These taller WR's will be alll gone by the time Mimi picks I would bet, so yes on Devin Funchess since he is 6'5" so is Dorial Green-Beckham.
But as I said he will not be going into this years draft and these listed wr's will be gone by the time Miami picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Shelton is there Miami should strongly consider taking him. That said, I would like to see either DaVante Parker or Kevin White with the #1 pick. The Dolphins should use free agency to get a starting defensive tackle and a starting guard IMO.

All of these WR's have warts. So it is a matter of what you like in my opinion.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/WR

Amari Cooper, WR

STRENGTHS: Excellent quickness and balance to get a clean release against press coverage and to make defenders miss in space. Accelerates in a flash, generating the burst to gain separation from top cornerbacks.

Makes the spectacular reception look easy with terrific hand-eye coordination and awareness to high-point passes. Competitive blocker.

WEAKNESSES: Will freelance on his routes a bit and simply drops too many footballs. Cooper dropped at least one catchable pass in each of the three 2013 games I viewed (Virginia Tech, Auburn, Oklahoma), including a potential go-ahead touchdown late in the third quarter in the Iron Bowl. In all fairness to Cooper, he demonstrated his game-breaking ability against Auburn moments later with a record 99-yard score to give Alabama a 28-21 fourth quarter lead.

IN OUR VIEW: Box score statistics can often be misleading when evaluating players, but some prospects have both the resume and the skill-set that are equally as impressive to scouts. And Cooper would fall into that category.

He doesn't have the speed of Sammy Watkins or size of Mike Evans, two receivers drafted in the top 10 last year, but it's tough to find holes in Cooper's game. He has a natural feel for the position and is above average in two critical areas: getting open and catching the football.

COMPARES TO: Marqise Lee, Jaguars -- There are plenty of similarities to another former No. 9, Marqise Lee, however -- and not all of them complementary to either of the 2012 All-Americans.

--
DeVante Parker, WR

STRENGTHS: At 6'3 with long arms, soft hands and superb leaping ability, Parker is as tough of a receiver to defend as there is anywhere in the country as he utilizes great body control and timing to win any ball thrown in his vicinity regardless of how well-covered he is. After the catch, Parker demonstrates impressive shiftiness despite being a long-strider and has a nice second gear to create distance once he's in the open field.

WEAKNESSES: Parker's initial burst and quickness off the line is only marginal, so he'll need to continue improving with his hands to routinely beat press coverage, and he lacks elite straight-line speed to separate vertically. He's also still developing as a route-runner as he lacks sharpness on cuts, and doesn't always work his way back to the ball, but he has shown steady improvement in this area.

--

Kevin White, WR

STRENGTHS: Tall, slender frame with good muscle definition and functional strength in contested situations. Outstanding leaping ability and reflexes to make adjustments to easily secure balls away from his body and is at his best highpointing and plucking with his large, reliable hands.

Very good foot quickness to beat press and get vertical in a hurry with his downfield acceleration. Displays above average coordination and footwork in his breaks to create separation at the top of his routes and catch the ball without breaking stride to create after the reception.

Quick feet and good vision to plan after the catch, displaying his ability to create and be more than a chain-mover. Uses his size to overpower defenders on occasion, breaking tackles to gain yardage after the catch.

WEAKNESSES: While an excellent athlete, White isn't a burner and doesn't have the elite suddenness in space to consistently make defenders miss or dance his way out of trouble. He will have the occasional focus drop and while a very willing blocker, White has room to improve his technique to better sustain and avoid holding calls.

--

Jaelen Strong, WR

Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Strong is aptly named as he is a well-built receiver whose height, body control and leaping ability make him a difficult matchup for cornerbacks. He runs hard and forces defenders to take him to the ground, fighting through arm tackles to generate good yardage after the catch. His size makes him equally effective on the perimeter (where he excels on back-shoulder fades) and when dragging across the middle.

Strong accelerates quickly off the line, making him an effective vertical threat. Shows impressive balance and quickness to shake cornerbacks.

WEAKNESSES: Strong's talent is undeniable but he's far from a finished product. He generally catches the ball with his hands and can make the dazzling acrobatic reception but fights the ball on occasion and needs to do a better job of extending his arms fully to high-point passes and take full advantage of his height advantage. He's going to need to sharpen up his route-running, as well, as too often he gets by on simply posting up defenders at this level.

--

Dorial Green-Beckham, WR

STRENGTHS: Physical specimen with freakish athleticism for his tall, long frame. Long-strider with the speed to be a legitimate vertical threat.

Natural body power to trample defensive backs after the catch and uses his hands well downfield to fight for positioning without blatantly drawing attention to himself. Hangs in the air with the leaping ability to highpoint and tower over defenders with above-the-rim skills. Improved ballskills and rhythm in his routes to finish and be a dangerous catch-and-go receiver.

Experienced lining up inside and outside with various patterns in Missouri's spread offense. Became full-time starter as a sophomore in 2013 and led the team in catches and touchdown grabs.

WEAKNESSES: Still developing his body type and needs to devote himself in the weight room to physically mature. Doesn't have NFL work ethic yet and needs to develop a more professional demeanor in between games.

Tall in his routes and needs to play with more flexibility and burst in his breaks. Needs to better disguise his patterns at the stem and improve his footwork to deceive defensive backs. Will struggle at times vs. press and isn't as physical a blocker as he appears.

Strong off-field and maturity concerns after multiple marijuana-related offenses and other incidents that led to his dismissal from Missouri. Was in and out of foster care his entire life and hasn't had much structure in his life.

--

Devin Funchess, TE

STRENGTHS: Tall, athletic frame with smooth muscle tone throughout. Long arms and big hands to create a large catching radius. Snatches the ball away from his body and attacks with his hands.

Flexible freak with easy movement skills for his size and loose body control to make natural adjustments on the ball, turning downfield quickly after the grab. Long, full strides to reach his top speed quickly.

Very good leaping ability to float and attack jump balls. Not easy to bring down as a ballcarrier with his size to bounce off tacklers. Nice job finding soft spots over the middle.

Has experience at tight end and receiver, lining up inline, slot and outside. Matchup nightmare against linebackers and smaller cornerbacks with a size differential that isn't close in most cases. Good toughness to play through injuries.

WEAKNESSES: Very lean-muscled and lacks ideal bulk or sand. Room to get stronger to better beat press and match up with physical man defenders.

Too many drops off his hands on his resume and needs to be more reliable with his focus through the catch. Hand technique needs work, often caught with his hands turned the wrong way downfield.

Not a reliable finisher in contested situations. Tends to think too much about post-catch and will take his eyes off the ball before securing. Shows laziness in his routes and needs to sell patterns with more consistency. Inconsistent vision after the catch, struggling to leverage the field or read his blocks.

Doesn't consistently play up to his size as a ballcarrier and will brace himself for contact, not powering over smaller bodies. Effort is there as a blocker, but often caught off balance with erratic technique. Suffered ankle injury in Sept. 2014 and was hampered the rest of the season.

COMPARES TO: Kelvin Benjamin, Carolina Panthers - Like Benjamin, Funchess has the size and athleticism to create mismatches, especially in the red zone and on third downs, but inconsistencies could keep both from reaching their top potential.

--

Sammie Coates, WR

STRENGTHS: Freakish blend of size, speed and strength. Reportedly has been clocked in the 4.3s in the 40-yard dash and this speed is apparent on the field.

He's strong enough to fight through press coverage and accelerates fluidly. Coates tracks the ball well over his shoulder and can pull away from defenders to capitalize when he has the ball. Explosive leaping ability.

He's unique in that Coates combines this speed with a muscle-packed frame that makes him every bit as likely to shove defenders to the ground as run away from them. He can extend and pluck fastballs outside of his frame and tracks the ball well over his shoulder. Malzahn's scheme calls for his receivers to block often and he is a physical and alert in this role.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't explode out of his breaks consistently and simply isn't as reliable catching passes when working his way back to the quarterback. This is why has been more of a complementary threat to teammate Duke Williams, who is more reliable route-runner and pass-catcher.

Coates runs limited routes in Auburn's scheme (mostly verticals, quick outs and drags across the middle) and he could generate more separation by sinking his hips and exploding out of his cuts. He doesn't consistently sell his routes when the play calls for a run or if he thinks the pass is going another way. Occasionally he'll let an "easy" pass slip through his fingers.

IN OUR VIEW: While Coates remains a work in progress, NFL teams are frequently willing to gamble early picks on natural playmakers. He is a classic one-trick pony as a receiver. Blessed with mercurial speed for a receiver of his height and build, he might be the elite deep threat in college football.

There are several teams in need of a QB. Hopefully between the QB's and the OL players, Davonte will still be there at 14.

only way i want a wr in the first is if
A) we get a dt and a g in fa that is an upgrade to what we have now.
B)he is BPA when were on the clock
C)he is above 6 feet

I want us to take a flyer on Waller, WR at GT. He is 6'5" and ~235lb. The kids runs a 4.5 and catches with his hands. I think he would make a great hybrid WR/TE and red zone target. He locks well -- has to in that stupid offense. And he makes the most of every opportunity to catch a ball.

I have no idea where he grades in the draft,but my guess is that he is late round gamble for someone.

I want us to take a flyer on Waller, WR at GT. He is 6'5" and ~235lb. The kids runs a 4.5 and catches with his hands. I think he would make a great hybrid WR/TE and red zone target. He locks well -- has to in that stupid offense. And he makes the most of every opportunity to catch a ball.

I have no idea where he grades in the draft,but my guess is that he is late round gamble for someone.

CBS has him as the 47th ranked WR and 403 overall. might be an option as on undrafted.

Back
Top Bottom