Happy Birthday, #13 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Happy Birthday, #13

I remember reading a draft preview magazine in 1983, looking at the QB's and I saw Dan had the same birthday as me, I immediately decided we were gonna draft him. I was obnoxious about it, and when we got him I was even worse, reminding everyone that somehow Dan and I were cosmically connected or something. It got to the point that my Mom gave me two birthday cards that year, one for me and one for Dan. Seems like yesterday, the promise of multiple Super Bowls felt like it was destined and now Dan and I are both older than dirt and still waiting. Happy Birthday Dan the Man! And Buck the Fills!!!!LET'S GO PHINS!!!!!! Sorry, it's my b-day, I'm already hammered, carry on.
Well Happy Birthday 🎉

Watched Marino play his entire career. Anybody with eyes could see he was a HOF QB right out of the gate.

He’ll always go down as one of the very best QB’s to ever play the game.

Happy Birthday Mr Marino

Happy Birthday Dan…and thanks again for the memories…us old guys still remember…

That is awesome. Only saw him twice in person, once in Tampa Bay and preseason against the 49ers.

What was your favorite Marino moment?

That's a hard one. The shootouts were great but beating the undefeated Bears might be my favorite game so that one.

A team win not just Marino but that game was a blast and Marino was Marino

Happy Birthday Dan!
Im 60 also, the years fly by.
I have been a fan of the Fins since Shulas arrival in 1970.
I watched Dan get drafted and every game.
He was something special and Shula adapted to his greatness.
Many great memories at the Orange Bowl and Joe Robbie stadium.

My 1st game in Miami was the '84 AFC Champ game Vs Pitt.
Marino destroyed them.
Living in CT, got to a pretty good number of games of his down there and just about all his in NE
with a few in NY/NJ.
Don't like sounding like the old man, but even the video clips now do not do him justice. He was
one of those bigger than the sport players that don't come along much. What a treat it was to see
him in his prime.
Happy Birthday Dan

That's a hard one. The shootouts were great but beating the undefeated Bears might be my favorite game so that one.

A team win not just Marino but that game was a blast and Marino was Marino

That Chicago game remains one of my favorites. Seeing it in person must have really been something. The crowd was just so electric that night and Miami was on fire.

I was at Giants Stadium in August of 1983 to see his 1st preseason game as a Dolphin. When he entered the game, we had the ball 1st and 10 at our 20. 80 yards later we were in the end zone. I said to my brother, hey this guy's pretty good. Hopefully, my memory is right.

Back
Top Bottom