Happy Birthday, #13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Happy Birthday, #13

60...man time flies. I wish I could have saw him in his prime years. Only got to watch him from around 97-00
Yeah, unfortunately you just got to see the ugly tail end of his career. 1999 in particular was horrible. I saw all of his career, but only saw him live between 1990 and 1998. First time I saw him play live (and in a regulation game) was the home opener in 1990 when they whipped the Bills. Last time I saw him play live, it was the wild card playoff game against the Bills in Miami after the 1998 season. Best game of his I ever saw live was the season opener in 1994 v the Patriots.

I remember back in the 90s, Hank Goldberg would often dismiss old coots who called by saying “that guy saw Babe Ruth play live.” One day people are going to dismiss me by saying, “eh, you saw Dan Marino play live, you old SOB.”

Time flies. And Marino doesn’t seem as much older than me as he did when I was ten and he was twenty-three. And Hank Goldberg is an old coot today himself.

I remember reading a draft preview magazine in 1983, looking at the QB's and I saw Dan had the same birthday as me, I immediately decided we were gonna draft him. I was obnoxious about it, and when we got him I was even worse, reminding everyone that somehow Dan and I were cosmically connected or something. It got to the point that my Mom gave me two birthday cards that year, one for me and one for Dan. Seems like yesterday, the promise of multiple Super Bowls felt like it was destined and now Dan and I are both older than dirt and still waiting. Happy Birthday Dan the Man! And Buck the Fills!!!!LET'S GO PHINS!!!!!! Sorry, it's my b-day, I'm already hammered, carry on.

I remember reading a draft preview magazine in 1983, looking at the QB's and I saw Dan had the same birthday as me, I immediately decided we were gonna draft him. I was obnoxious about it, and when we got him I was even worse, reminding everyone that somehow Dan and I were cosmically connected or something. It got to the point that my Mom gave me two birthday cards that year, one for me and one for Dan. Seems like yesterday, the promise of multiple Super Bowls felt like it was destined and now Dan and I are both older than dirt and still waiting. Happy Birthday Dan the Man! And Buck the Fills!!!!LET'S GO PHINS!!!!!! Sorry, it's my b-day, I'm already hammered, carry on.
Happy Birthday!

Happy B day Sofa and Dan :cheers:

Happy Black And White GIF by Fleischer Studios

Hope you are having a great one brother

Back
Top Bottom