Happy Thanksgiving Dolphin Fans | Memories | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Happy Thanksgiving Dolphin Fans | Memories

We were 9-2 after that, I believe, and didn't win another game. Classic dolphins late season collapse
Actually 8-3 and finished 10-4, and didn’t make the playoffs. The Colts, also 10-4, won the tiebreaker.

The Colts were playing the Patriots the last week of the season and the Dolphins needed the Patriots to win to make the playoffs. At the end of the game, the Pats were up 24-23. The Colts were inside the Patriots 5 yard line and fumbled the ball. A Patriot scooped it up and returned it for a TD.

So it seemed. However, a ref in the end zone blew his whistle thinking the runner was tackled without fumbling. Replays clearly showed he did. The Colts fumble and Pats TD didn’t count. The Colts scored a TD on a 4 yard rush after that and won 30-24.

Had the play counted it would have put the game away with Miami winning the division and being the #2 seed in the AFC with only 4 teams making the playoffs in each conference.. This was years before replay and 2-point conversions became an option.

That one hurt being only 13 years old!

Last edited:
Happy thanksgiving to all posters on this site and their families.

Time to give thanks for all we have may it be much or very little. Doesnt matter.

Its a blessing to be alive.

Im also thankfull for our team. We finnaly have a franshise qb we can depend on. May the lord let our players get healthy so we can make a run at the playoffs. Its been a while since weve been there.

Have a blessed day.

Go Phins and again Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Very nice post, best wishes for a Great Thanksgiving Day with your family 👍

Happy Merry Christmas GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Happy Thanksgiving, Brothers and Sisters. Hope you all have a wonderful and bountiful day, with lots of good food and lots of big laughs!!!
Same to you and yours

Actually 8-3 and finished 10-4, and didn’t make the playoffs. The Colts, also 10-4, won the tiebreaker.

The Colts were playing the Patriots the last week of the season and the Dolphins needed the Patriots to win to make the playoffs. At the end of the game, the Pats were up 24-23. The Colts were inside the Patriots 5 yard line and fumbled the ball. A Patriot scooped it up and returned it for a TD.

So it seemed. However, a ref in the end zone blew his whistle thinking the runner was tackled without fumbling. Replays clearly showed he did. The Colts fumble and Pats TD didn’t count. The Colts scored a TD on a 4 yard rush after that and won 30-24.

Had the play counted it would have put the game away with Miami winning the division and being the #2 seed in the AFC with only 4 teams making the playoffs in each conference.. This was years before replay and 2-point conversions became an option.

I think you may be mistaken. We ended up 9-7 that year. We played and lost to new England the last week of the season

I am about to get stuffed like a big fat Turkey. Happy Thanksgiving to all my Finheaven Family 🇺🇸💪

We finished 9-7 in 1993. We lost all the games after the Thanksgiving day game

My first year being married having dinner at my in-laws and her dad tried to get me to take her grandfather back to his nursing home with 2 minutes to go and Deberg driving …I told him to pluck off…they all found out on that very day about my love for the phins lol. Even though my would be wife taunted me in 85 when we lost the afc championship game I still married her

Back
Top Bottom