Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

dirwuf

Scout Team
Reaction score
For those who aren't regularly checking the webcam, they are constantly replacing big sections of dying turf at Hard Rock...the sun lamps don't seem to be helping one bit. If they don't find a solution, expect to see Field Turf by next season...

PROPL_l.jpg

The artificial grass stuff is really not bad at all. I played on it recently. I mean nothing compares to real grass, but that stuff is the best alternative and not too bad.

Is this just an observation? Or has it been reported? Just curious

The artificial grass stuff is really not bad at all. I played on it recently. I mean nothing compares to real grass, but that stuff is the best alternative and not too bad.

I thought I remember reading something a long time ago that more ACL injuries happen on the artificial grass.

For those who aren't regularly checking the webcam, they are constantly replacing big sections of dying turf at Hard Rock...the sun lamps don't seem to be helping one bit. If they don't find a solution, expect to see Field Turf by next season...

View attachment 17399

That grass had never time to settle and grab root. Within 3 weeks the preseason started and then it had double duty. The grass will have 6 month to grab root in the offseason.

Is this just an observation? Or has it been reported? Just curious

Not sure if it's been reported, but every week a big chunk gets replaced...this week it's the endzones, home sideline and center logo area. Not to mention the entire field being replaced just a few weeks ago.

I thought I remember reading something a long time ago that more injuries happen on the artificial grass.

You're probably thinking of that terriblleeeeee turf **** the Texans had. The one where Welker got hurt. That stuff is pure trash.

AS far as the other fake stuff go, I am not sure how much worse it is. Again, nothing compares to real grass.

No way in hell do I want to have artificial crap for a field surface. Football is meant to be played outdoors on GRASS, No dome and no artificial turf!!!

No way in hell do I want to have artificial crap for a field surface. Football is meant to be played outdoors on GRASS, No dome and no artificial turf!!!

We used to play football in a "dust bowl". Middle of the field was nothing but dirt. If it ever rained it was an absolute catastrophe.

Having the Canes and Dolphins play on it with such little time to take root has to be an issue.

I do check the webcam regularly and notice they are always replacing chunks of the grass.
I understand they swap logos, etc, but to need to rip the whole end zone out and replace it every time doesn't seem right.
I haven't officially heard they are having issues, but how can that be their planned procedure?
Sidelines look beat, too.

Back
Top Bottom