Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

Scheduling hasn't been favorable, as others have mentioned. But this seems to happen very early. I have Canes season tickets. The sideline crew is already out there replacing chunks of turf during time outs in Canes games, long before the back to back duty with the Dolphins.

Engineers weren't gong to get everything correct, as I posted two years ago. That's why it's laughable for Bill Polian to claim it's the equivalent of a $1.2 billion stadium.

I'd hate to go back to artificial turf, even though the Dolphins' heyday was during:

Poly Turf
Synthetic Turf
by American Biltrite

That was what it said on the sign above the small scoreboard in the east end zone of the Orange Bowl.

For those who aren't regularly checking the webcam, they are constantly replacing big sections of dying turf at Hard Rock...the sun lamps don't seem to be helping one bit. If they don't find a solution, expect to see Field Turf by next season...

View attachment 17399
could be lawn grubs sucking the moisture out of the grass.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Scheduling hasn't been favorable, as others have mentioned. But this seems to happen very early. I have Canes season tickets. The sideline crew is already out there replacing chunks of turf during time outs in Canes games, long before the back to back duty with the Dolphins.

Engineers weren't gong to get everything correct, as I posted two years ago. That's why it's laughable for Bill Polian to claim it's the equivalent of a $1.2 billion stadium.

I'd hate to go back to artificial turf, even though the Dolphins' heyday was during:

Poly Turf
Synthetic Turf
by American Biltrite

That was what it said on the sign above the small scoreboard in the east end zone of the Orange Bowl.
sheesh. They said the field temp could be over 100 degrees on that stuff.

Time for Carl's Northern California Cincameya hybrid grass.

It will hold up to a whole season, guaranteed.

[video=youtube;xrcgjMJmvNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrcgjMJmvNg[/video]

I really like the improvements Ross has made to the stadium. However, the Dolphins need their own stadium where they don't have to share it with other teams and other events.

I really like the improvements Ross has made to the stadium. However, the Dolphins need their own stadium where they don't have to share it with other teams and other events.

doesn't really make sense for a football team to have it's "own" stadium, esp marketing and business wise you want the stadium to be used as much as possible, as everyone that uses it, brings in money to the owner, and the owner needs to make back his money.

doesn't really make sense for a football team to have it's "own" stadium, esp marketing and business wise you want the stadium to be used as much as possible, as everyone that uses it, brings in money to the owner, and the owner needs to make back his money.

I get it. Like everything now a days it's all about the money. I'm a little old fashioned I guess. I don't like the corporate naming of stadiums either. But I understand the financial side of it all. My idea of a Dolphins only stadium is a perfect world dream and not reality.

Should've gone with the same turf they use in Foxboro from day one. That stuff is safe, and it's durable.

But nooooooo...

That turf we have is gonna look like a dirty diaper by season's end, and it'll play like **** too.

It is being replaced for a 3rd time this season...

Nobody is playing on the field for 2 weeks when both the Canes and Dolphins will be on it for back to back games vs PITT and the Jets.

102420161233_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked the webcam and saw the same thing.
So, every game Miami replaces 50-75% of the turf? :idk:

During the game, the sidelines looked terrible.
I have not heard anything, but I'd have to figure Miami will ride this turf variety out for this season, but will look for alternatives next season.

New turf is down and now another patch on the sideline is dead again. Looks like they will have to replace that again on the home sideline.

102720160913_l.jpg

Yep. Looks like the lifespan of this turf, healthy, is 2 weeks before noticeable change and 3 weeks in the heavy shaded areas is complete loss.

Back
Top Bottom