Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

Seeing Tampa Bay's field on TV right now I am much happier with our situation. Their field looks horrible and it gets plenty of sunlight.

Who cares. We are not paying for it.

Right now; turn on the GB-ATL game on Fox. Look at that gorgeous turf in the Georgia Dome. No one is complaining about it being this nor that, nor is anyone being injured because of the turf.

I don't think anybody is really complaining with our playing surface either except fans who observe the growth and maintenance via webcam. :lol:

Speaking of which, I have never noticed these hashmarks just to the outside of the numbers on the yard line. That is something new.

PROPL_l.jpg

Right now; turn on the GB-ATL game on Fox. Look at that gorgeous turf in the Georgia Dome. No one is complaining about it being this nor that, nor is anyone being injured because of the turf.

I absolutely detest watching games on FieldTurf, especially in an outdoor stadium where they have the opportunity to use grass. It looks fake and creates a very sterile atmosphere in my opinion. The whole thing about the grass in Hard Rock is completely overblown. It is not meant to be perfect, we are not playing soccer here. The Orange Bowl for years had the grass chewed up between the hashmarks but hosted some of the best football of all time. I used to love watching games at old Cleveland stadium with guys playing on 'frozen painted dirt' in the snow. Weather and field conditions are part of the game - the need to have grand, massive (and generally not full) stadiums and perfect, artificial fields has caused the NFL to lose a lot of its character, and I think the decline in ratings we are seeing (and, whatever the NFL says, there is a decline in actual attendance which is obvious to anyone who attends games regularly) is due to this.

Seriously, who cares if some of the grass looks a bit brown. Can't believe that the NFL is actually so obsessed with this that they are having teams spend millions to relay it all the time.

I still remember when we had a baseball infield in the stadium for part of the season. That was always interesting especially if it was raining.

I still remember when we had a baseball infield in the stadium for part of the season. That was always interesting especially if it was raining.

The old madden games used to have it where early games in the schedule would have the games at Miami (and Oakland) with a partial dirt field and then later in the season the dirt patches disappeared. Lol nice little quirk by EA sports

Speaking of which, I have never noticed these hashmarks just to the outside of the numbers on the yard line. That is something new.

PROPL_l.jpg

They numbers are painted for where they should be for an NFL field, the outside hashmarks indicate where they would be on a college field. This helps the field crew in only having to change the inside hashes for the differences b/w the NFL and NCAA field requirements.

They 've been present ever since both teams shared the stadium.

hurricanes1.jpg

I used to care about the turf, but I'm pretty sure the Dolphins played on artificial turf during they're SB winning years. So I have no problem with bring it back. Maybe it would be our good luck charm.

I used to care about the turf, but I'm pretty sure the Dolphins played on artificial turf during they're SB winning years. So I have no problem with bring it back. Maybe it would be our good luck charm.

I am pretty sure our home field has always been natural surface...

Dolphins have always played on natural grass. Especially the OB.

Back
Top Bottom