Hardcore Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hardcore Fan

yeah. when the dolphins lose it totally kills my monday and tuesday. Thank god you control whether or not they win in madden. thats my savior.

only excuse for missing a game is a death in the immediate family

yeah i live in colorado and yelled an screamed for our dolphins and got so much sh** for it by the broncos fans but it was worh it

i am actually going to miami for the end of july so will any one give me the address or a place where i can find the address of the dolphins training area because that is something i do not want to miss when i am down there.

Saban4prez said:
Hey, just because some of us can't see every game doesn't mean we're not hardcore. I'm 17 and live in a small town in Pennsylvania. The dolphins aren't normally on TV, and i don't have a dish. but trust me, i live on nfl.com's live coverage.
if you are on the live coverage, you are watching every game. only diffrence is you are watching it on the net.

everyone who has posted something on this thread sounds pretty hardcore. especially the guy who got in the fight. last year i went to the dolphins at seahawks game in seattle and no one had a bigger mouth than me. i was talkin the most s**t at the game even though we lost.

ScrepsMJ said:
I can never imagine myself missing a Dolphins game, however I live in Jersey and never been to a Dolphins game. I kind of like watching it on T.V. because you always know whats happening and have a clear view every play. And I don't really pay much attention to history because it's over.

So you want go see your favorite team play b/c your to cheap to buy tickets so you can see and you don't care about there history b/c your 18 and know every thing thats a common trend around here lately :fire:

pwn3dyo said:
only excuse for missing a game is a death in the immediate family

I have it in my will that when I die they bury me with a portable TV with cable running into the ground so that I can still see the Phins play when Im gone.

Well, actually thats not true....but I have thought about it.

Is that hardcore enough?

BTW, I have seen the Phins play live....WITH MARINO.(that should count extra) I didnt watch all the games on TV last year but only because I no longer had DTV..and I will watch every game in Sabans inaugural season. I know the fight song. Dont like it too much, but I know it. I have Dolphin couch pillows, towels & washclothes, Dan Marino (and others) cards, assorted memorabilia, and I start every day by drinking several cups of coffee from my Dolphins mug. Nothing pizzed me off more than when the league realigned, because now the Colts are no longer in Miami's division so I no longer get to see the Phins live once a year. Ive never gotten into a fight at a game, but nearly did once after the 41-0 shellacking the Colts gave us a few years back. (Harbaugh to Dilger over the middle all day long) After leaving the RCA dome, colts fans were sitting at an outdoor diner advertising "Free Dolphin Burgers" to anyone wearing Dolphins colors. My friends had to restrain me. Dolphin history? The first game I ever remember watching was the Phins SB victory to cap the undefeated season.
And the kicker......Im on a Dolphins message board at 4:42 am (indiana time)

Yeah, I consider myself a hardcore Dolphins fan :lol:

I too have an official coffee mug, a beer stein that must hold a quart and Dolphins glasses thanks to the ex-wife; I never stopped to think if I was a hardcore fan. The people around me do think so especially the ones who think I'm silly for not answering the phone during the game. :rasp:

dolfan305 said:
i want to know what you guys think makes a hardcore fin fan. i think you have to do or know these 5 things.

1. know about the team and its history
2. watch all the games unless you have SUPER good exuse.
3. have seen them live
4. know the miami dolphins fight song.
5. and the most important of them all......
HAVE HEART FOR THE TEAM.

GO FINS
And you have to stay and watch them even if it's pouring!! I remember a game several years back we were playing Pittsburgh and it was a frikkin torrential downpour...just about everyone in our section got up and went to the concession stands to watch the game on the tv's there....I stayed put and got stuck under the "waterfalls" from the upper deck, if anyone has been to a game where it's poured you know what I'm talking about...in the upper deck there are little "rectangle shaped" holes for water runoff and it runs off to the lower deck, so it looks like little waterfalls all around the stadium

Let me see, you tell me if I am a hardcore fan. Been a fan since age 9(28 years) so I think I know a few things about the team, I have seen them play live around 20 times, last 7 being in Miami(and I live in Jets country), any semi fan knows the fight song(just wish it was a little more intense of a song to be honest), I think anyone still with the team after last year is a diehard and shows tremendous heart, I drive a 2004 orange mustang with plates that say DANFAN13, I have 7 very real Dolphin tattoo's, my room and car are wall to wall Dolphin, I have something Dolphins or Dolphin colors on everyday, and even after last year I still wore my Dolphin stuff and when people talked smack all I would say is have your fun now cause we will be back, the Phins will rise from the dead and take no prisoners mark my words. Having said all that, the last two years I have not seen everygame due for various reasons such as make up games for my sons pop warner football team, problems with the reception where i live with my direct tv, having to work a rare sunday because someone had a death in the family at work. All these I would consider good reasons. How about the Dolfans that love the team, buy stuff when they can, watch them whenever they are on regular tv BUT can't see them on direct tv because they can't get a dish, or are not allowed to have one where they are, etc. Good reason or bad reason, if they are fans they will see the games if at all possible and I am sure they are miserable when they cant(like me) so I don't think u can say they are not diehards no matter what the reason is, some are just more fortunate then others. HOF 2005 33 days to go baby.

dolfanrodney said:
Let me see, you tell me if I am a hardcore fan. Been a fan since age 9(28 years) so I think I know a few things about the team, I have seen them play live around 20 times, last 7 being in Miami(and I live in Jets country), any semi fan knows the fight song(just wish it was a little more intense of a song to be honest), I think anyone still with the team after last year is a diehard and shows tremendous heart, I drive a 2004 orange mustang with plates that say DANFAN13, I have 7 very real Dolphin tattoo's, my room and car are wall to wall Dolphin, I have something Dolphins or Dolphin colors on everyday, and even after last year I still wore my Dolphin stuff and when people talked smack all I would say is have your fun now cause we will be back, the Phins will rise from the dead and take no prisoners mark my words. Having said all that, the last two years I have not seen everygame due for various reasons such as make up games for my sons pop warner football team, problems with the reception where i live with my direct tv, having to work a rare sunday because someone had a death in the family at work. All these I would consider good reasons. How about the Dolfans that love the team, buy stuff when they can, watch them whenever they are on regular tv BUT can't see them on direct tv because they can't get a dish, or are not allowed to have one where they are, etc. Good reason or bad reason, if they are fans they will see the games if at all possible and I am sure they are miserable when they cant(like me) so I don't think u can say they are not diehards no matter what the reason is, some are just more fortunate then others. HOF 2005 33 days to go baby.
Whoa....you have a Mustang....LOL (Seriously though, I think you qualify by the skin of your teeth ;)

Merman said:
I too have an official coffee mug, a beer stein that must hold a quart and Dolphins glasses thanks to the ex-wife; I never stopped to think if I was a hardcore fan. The people around me do think so especially the ones who think I'm silly for not answering the phone during the game. :rasp:

Im definately gonna have to get me one one of those quart beer steins :lol: Maybe I'll drop a few hints to the girlfriend around Christmas time.
I wouldnt be living up to the last part of my screen name if I didnt have a quart of beer in my hand while watching football (or of course, NASCAR when the Phins arent playing) :lol:

A lot of people on this site know I'm a lunatic. As far as being a hard core Phins fan......decide for yourself. When I was Five Years old I got a Miami Dolphins Bike for Christmas. My dad who knew Bob Griese had gotten him to sign it. I have been a loyal fan ever since. I've been to 30 + Phins Games in both Dolphins Stadium/Joe Robbie/Pro Player and The Orange Bowl. I have every type of Dolphins gear from: Game Worn Jackets to Dolphins Jester Hats. Dolphins toy cars, beanie babies, and even a Don Shula signed football from his restaurant. I had an '04 Mustang Gt Convertible (in Dolphins Orange) Dolphins plate front and back. I went d@mn near cross eyed on the net trying to figure out how to make the horn on the Stang play the Dolphins theme song. I instead opted to tear out the whole exhaust system and replace it with an X Pipe and Flowmasters to give it a Dolphins Growl (They growl underwater......right?).

I have broken punching bags, windows, walls and countless remotes (They now make me watch the game from that appliance dolly that they used for Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs ...well not really but close.) while watching Dolphins games. During Dan's last career comeback from behind game against Indy I learned that there is a certain ammount of jumping up and down that isn't recommended when you are wearing a beer helmet (which of course had a special sticker on it for each TD we had scored so far that year.).

It's 36 days until the rebirth of my soul! A life without football is truly a wasted life.

Back
Top Bottom